As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New mobile style

167891012»

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Reboot did not clear it up, using the standard android browser works fine though.

E: works now though. Weird

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure if this is actually mobile site related, but I'm getting a similar un-styled look on my netbook in firefox. Is there a way to make sure it isn't loading the mobile site for some reason?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah mobile site not working with android & chrome. Default browser working though

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I know this question comes up every once in a while, but is there a way to force the forums to the mobile style? I just got a Kindle Paperwhite, and I thought it would be neat to catch up on a few long threads with this thing, but the forums will only give me the desktop site (replete with snow) and when I have Javascript enabled it crashes the browser sometimes.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    On my phone, the forums are all white and broken looking.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Which phone/browser?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Well it's Kitkat but it seems like it fixed itself

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I know this question comes up every once in a while, but is there a way to force the forums to the mobile style? I just got a Kindle Paperwhite, and I thought it would be neat to catch up on a few long threads with this thing, but the forums will only give me the desktop site (replete with snow) and when I have Javascript enabled it crashes the browser sometimes.

This is the link at the bottom of the mobile version of the non-mobile site (for returning to the mobile site). Not sure if this helps, but it may.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/nomobile/1

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

This is the link at the bottom of the mobile version of the non-mobile site (for returning to the mobile site). Not sure if this helps, but it may.

Nope. Seems like I've seen that URL before and it was in reference to forcing the desktop version, though.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Nope. Seems like I've seen that URL before and it was in reference to forcing the desktop version, though.

Dang. That was probably me, earlier in this thread. The force to desktop looks similar though, you take off the "/1" from this version.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Ive been getting a strange issue since I updated to the newest ios on my iphone (last week). I go to log in, it logs me in, then immediately I need to log in again, basically i seem to be unable to log in on my phone. Resetting and dumping my phone memory haven't seemed to help.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Tube wrote: »
    Which phone/browser?

I get this every now and then in Chrome on Android, on multiple devices. Flushing the cache fixes it.
    Took me a while to figure that out, so putting that information out there.

On another note, is the correct place to ask if embedded Vines can default to a larger window, or read the screensize of a mobile device? The current embed size is tiny, and because Vine puts text over video you can't really watch them or even turn on the volume. (Because it's under the text).
    This is on Android 4.3/Chrome.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Which phone/browser?

I get this every now and then in Chrome on Android, on multiple devices. Flushing the cache fixes it.
    Took me a while to figure that out, so putting that information out there.

On another note, is the correct place to ask if embedded Vines can default to a larger window, or read the screensize of a mobile device? The current embed size is tiny, and because Vine puts text over video you can't really watch them or even turn on the volume. (Because it's under the text).
    This is on Android 4.3/Chrome.

Yeah I started seeing it once again yesterday, in Chrome on a Galaxy S4

sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    It's it just me or did the mobile interface used to have the bb code shortcuts which are now absent?

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    It's it just me or did the mobile interface used to have the bb code shortcuts which are now absent?
    Uh, yeah, they seem to be gone for me, too. That makes spoilers way more difficult to deal with.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    just as an update, the bbc shortcuts are back for me

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm getting strange behavior in chrome on my s4. I've cleared cache and still persists. It seems that the jail symbol is bleeding into the messages and is super huge. I'll upload a pic later.

Here's the zaav2wnzfzx3.png
    , and it seems that those who are Jailed the jail image is going crazy.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015