As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kill Six Billion [Webcomics]

GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Social Entropy++
The Questioning Newcomer

“YISUN was questioned once by a disciple at their speaking house. The disciple was new and nervous as they stood before the All and None. A droplet of sweat appeared on their forehead as they stammered out their first question:

‘What is the policy on NSFW webcomics?’
To which YISUN replied, ‘You can post a safe page from a NSFW webcomic.’

The newcomer looked relieved, but quickly fell into distracted thought. Then a thought came into their head.

‘Do I need to link webcomics I post?’
To which YISUN replied, ‘Cool people link webcomics.’

The newcomer was uncertain about their coolness, but pressed on.

Can I link NSFW webcomics?
To which YISUN replied, 'Yes, but with a warning.'

The newcomer smiled for the first time. Yes, this all made sense. They made to leave but turned back for one last question.

‘Is posting webcomics cool?’
To which YISUN replied, ‘No.’

---

The thread of webcomics past can be found through the Magus Gate.

romdza6a4to7.png

---

Other Stuff:
* Don't post a NSFW comic that has been edited to make it work safe.
* You don't have to link a webcomic, but it is cool to do so.
* If you don't want to link a NSFW comic just put its title in the post.
* Only post stuff you genuinely love.

Suggestions, not rules:
Do what thou wilt.

* Rehosting images is not a rule but it is polite.
* If the webcomic you're posting is really tall, put some/all of it in a spoiler.
* Scrolling past a webcomic is easier than starting a seven page discussion over how much you dislike it.

And remember...

ldkamnmsefx8.png

Gvzbgul on

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cannot BELIEVE i'm posting in this thread

liEt3nH.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh thank the Gods.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    McNinja is perfect

VayBJ4e.png
  • maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    pnap20150108.jpg

tfw the guy you just ran over turns into a monster truck

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    McNinja is perfect

Yes it is.

4YgDKzD.jpg
    Definitly downgraded weapons thooough.

www.drmcninja.com

r1wyey0da95y.png

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I can't see how that's any more dangerous than her idea of putting bear traps everywhere to be honest.

It's not like the Limeys actually have a bunch of guns to go shoot,it'll probably just be this dude.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    There's a reason hunting permits exist and that reason is so hunters don't wipe out the entire forest in the first day.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-01-09-breakfastofchampions.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    2015-01-09-breakfastofchampions.png

Pfft, cereal and beer is where it's at.

Beerios.

JtgVX0H.png
    Beer is just fermented cereal anyway. Might as well make it all beer.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Okay, this is bugging me.

I lived in a one-room apartment with sink, fridge, local phone and internet, and that was the dorms. You had to buy your own food. I guess this whole "free cafeteria" thing is what you get for tuition that's not 2K/semester. I don't know, not letting collegiates buy what they eat and eat what they want I find is super coddling. Let them enjoy a little bit of adult power: choosing what to eat.

Does anyone know how widespread this is?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    this is basically what I've been experiencing almost 24/7 for the past month and a half or so.

By the way I got a puppy.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited January 2015
    When I was in the dorms like 12 years ago you had to buy a "meal plan" that just put a few hundred bucks on your student ID card, and most people ate at the cafeteria because that was the cheapest option.

Edit: also there were a ton of options if you chose to eat there.
    Edit2d. The best was for like $5 you could go into the "athlete's cafeteria," which was even better food and all-you-can-eat. They didn't like it but they couldn't stop regular students from using it.

You could still buy your own food but a lot of dorms didn't have kitchens per se. Maybe a microwave if you were lucky, or an outdoor grill on one of the balconies.

knitdan on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    in mine you could choose a meal plan or not

meal plan meant three meals a day, rotating menu, and "meal points" per semester that you could spend on on-campus restaurants and vending machines instead of cash

it was generally cheaper than buying groceries, the three prepared meals/day that everyone shared was the equivalent of about $5, but the "meal points" generally cost more if you did the math (a harvey's burger was like 20 points which worked out to like $14)

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

I lived in a one-room apartment with sink, fridge, local phone and internet, and that was the dorms. You had to buy your own food. I guess this whole "free cafeteria" thing is what you get for tuition that's not 2K/semester. I don't know, not letting collegiates buy what they eat and eat what they want I find is super coddling. Let them enjoy a little bit of adult power: choosing what to eat.

2k a semester?

I would literally figuratively kill for that

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

2k a semester?

I think that's what students pay out here, but there's only one dining place on campus that's open at night. There's a convenience store and a couple of cafes in the dorm complex though, might be dinner options in those. But then you'd have to live in the dorms and fuck that.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    If you lived in the dorms, you were forced to buy a meal plan unless you could somehow prove definitively to the university that you could not eat the cafeteria food. But this was very hard to do, because plans cost $5.6 K a year, and the university was really intent on sucking all that money out of as many students as possible.

I got forced into paying over ten thousand dollars because every allergy test I took came back negative. (Meanwhile, pretty much every single food item that wasn't fruit, rice, or salad either gave me a massive stomach ache or made me puke.)

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    ALICE.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    FEED YOUR HEAD.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    City Face's Book Of Birds

ze2mVtZ.jpg

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    FEED YOUR HEAD.

ZO-OMBIE
    ZO-OMBIE
    ZO-OM-BIE-IE-IE

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    PECurNS.jpg

just what you need, healthy zombie books

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I love how Dumbing of Age keeps starting these conversations where people find out their idea of college is wrong.
    SLyM wrote: »
    2k a semester?

There are only a handful of schools like that.

Coinage on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I spent 2 years at a major university in southernish Indiana. We had a meal plan, basically a swipe of the card granted access to any number of places on campus to eat buffet style, or you got $7.50 per meal to spend.

In the dorm across from mine there was a awesome breakfast buffet, a hot sandwich place, a burger place, and a little grocery store that also served the worst tacos you have ever eaten. (I had them every week)

In the middle of campus we had a Chik-Filet, an asian stir fry place, and a fresh foods market. Also a starbucks but you couldn't use your mealcard there because starbucks.

Near the gym there was a HUGE buffet for all 3 meals and also a giant free range market, you need some cereal? They got that, you need ramen, they got it, you need medical supplies? They had that too.

Then near the senior dorms there was a cold sandwich place and the best dinner buffet oh my god steak all the time but it was on the opposite end of campus from us.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you, being able to eat bacon and eggs and pancakes every single morning for 2 years really makes you gain weight.

Sometimes I'd wake up, eat breakfast with my gang, then go back to bed. I heard there were these things called "classes" some people went to between meals but I just filled that time with naps.

• CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Every single one of my siblings and I dropped a minimum of 10 lbs within the first quarter of college.

We're REALLY bad at picking schools that don't give us food poisoning. (Or in my case, serve inedible food.)

Creagan on
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    yes all the meals from my college cafeteria came with free diahrea/vomiting

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    1420797323-Ch5Pg4.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    At my uni it was either en suite rooms with a shared kitchen or catered halls with a shared bathroom. Wasn't sure how that was even supposed to be a choice; perhaps some people never learned to cook.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    2015-01-09-stories-only-mothers-tell.png

The baby shower is starting off well in Housepets.

1420797323-Ch5Pg4.png

Yes Isabel, you keep anime-holding your shoulder, make a speech about how you'll go on fighting because 'there are people who believe in you'. Don't seek medical attention.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Camp Weedontwantcha: no longer just throwin' dark
    131_boned2.jpg

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Process of Illumination

2015-01-09-Process-Of-Illumination.jpg
    Ancient pioneers of comedy believed that there are only two kinds of jokes, and that all other jokes are variations on those. One is the fart joke. Even something as simple as a well-timed, snappy comeback to an insult can be directly linked to the basic fart joke. There is also the wet fart joke, which is actually very different from the fart joke, but you probably don't understand comedy enough to know how incredibly different they are.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the wet fart joke led to gallagher, the regular fart joke led to mitch hedberg

This discussion has been closed.