As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    I'll have to reread, I must have missed that implication.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    The pony just has the same colors as her.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I can totally see Cadence doing that on her days off.

Please tell me that her team's name involves tiaras.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited January 2015
    After a reread, I don't buy it.
    Other ponies on the ice are going by Princess Skullestia and Scarswirl, not to mention a Snowpain that's an obvious reference to Elsa from Frozen. They've clearly just taken princess and other famous pony names, and it isn't surprising that one going by Shining Harmer might have mane colors that match Cadance. I would bet it's just a dye job to match the overall theme. She doesn't even have a princess body type, just that of a regular pony.

The team names are the Manehatten Manglers and the Fillydelphia Phracturers, and the not-Cadance is playing for the latter.

/wet blanket off

Ruldar on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It doesn't matter if it's her or not. We're still gonna see fanart of Cadance dressed up and participating soon enough anyway.

Owenashi on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Random question, totally not research for anything, but what copic sketch colours would the outside of the Normandy from Mass Effect possibly be? for doing a simplified, mlp art style, to be precise.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I'd say white primary, black secondary and under the Alliance, blue streaks for mane/tail.

newSig.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I meant the actual ship not a pony version of it.

also, I could swear there was more blue. maybe that was the inside/me2.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I meant the actual ship not a pony version of it.

Well I'm just going to be disappointed until I see the Normandy as a pony.

well a quick gis has revealed nothing, for that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    b9Gg0oH.png

(Not from the actual blog, but still fun nonetheless.)

VuIBhrs.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Not from the actual blog

Well, as Egophiliac says:

FHZygjJ.png
    Egophiliac wrote:
    coming up with new inconvenient trixies is hard :(
    Egophiliac wrote:
    you should have been more specific about where you wanted those legs twilight

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    Oh my god that is terrifying and hilarious.

I have no idea what the context of this is, but hot damn is it cool.

DBbkAcj.jpg
    Source.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh hey, someone made a MLP soundboard with a ton of stuff from S1-4 and EG.

http://l3th4lprodigy.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FIM-Soundboard-Season-1-4-with-Equestria-Girls-506418880

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    h5jyfRD.jpg
    zofqJYx.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I don't get it

jCyyTSo.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    friendship_is_kakkoii_by_inkypsycho-d8e30nf.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    ehhhh... but she got the joke before?

and now she's adding that luna is the spirt of nightmare night past... I guess I get that.

but how does that mean 'welcome to the joke. glad you could join us' when she understood it from the beginning

jCyyTSo.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Sweet, found vinyl Celestia and Luna at the local Hot Topic and was able to use my hot cash on them before that store closed for remodeling.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So the new PA comic is MLP fanfic, right?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Looks like next month we might get some season 5 tidbits!
    Big news out of the Big Apple tonight! Not only is PonyCon eager to announce the attendance of directors Jayson Thieseen and Jim Miller, but are happy to announce the premiere of a new season 5 trailer!

You've heard that right, a new trailer for season 5! If you guys are anywhere near the New York area now will be your time to attend a pony convention as you join these two awesome gentleman for a one hour panel.

Will they disclose a premiere date, at long last?

VuIBhrs.png
    While I like the idea of a trailer at long last, that just pushes the potential air date even further into the future. That con is February 14-16th so I cannot imagine we'll be seeing the season any earlier than March.

Equestria Daily made note on Friday about a listing on Amazon for a new MLP micro-series from IDW. Now the publisher's putting up teasers for it on their Twitter account that may be it's covers. Check what to expect later this year in the box.
    B70Zya2IIAIbbY8.jpg
    B704g7iIYAIi3hK.jpgB70p-oJIcAIgtdo.jpg
    B71VqgDIcAE4dQ2.jpgB71nxSvIUAMHcFq.jpg

yesssss
    Villain Stories!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Wait, the sirens weren't normal ponies? I really should get around to watching Equestria Girls 2...

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    gavindel wrote: »
    Wait, the sirens weren't normal ponies? I really should get around to watching Equestria Girls 2...

Suddenly it makes a lot more sense.
    (Never saw EG2 but I was a fan of classic mythology)

newSig.jpg
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    I pretty much hated the first Equestria Girls but thought the 2nd was good

they're both on netflix

canadian netflix, or american?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    american >_>'

Well, the upcoming micro-series has a title and also a set of variant covers using a certain theme. And if the dates on the solicits are correct, this will be a weekly micro-series that'll cover all of April. Check the alt-covers and the synopsis for each issue in the box.
    Sombra%2BVillian%2BCover%2BComic%2BVariant.jpg

Writer: Jeremy Whitley
    Artist: Brenda Hickey
    Cover Artist: Amy Mebberson / Sara Richard

Synopsis: What caused Sombra to become one of the most feared ponies in Equestria's history?

Release Date: 4/1/2015

Tirek%2BSubscription%2BVariant%2BCover.jpg

Writer: Christina Rice
    Artist: Tony Fleecs
    Cover Artist: Amy Mebberson / Sara Richard

Synopsis: Tirek's mad quest for power starts here!

Release Date: 4/8/2015

Sirens%2BFiendship%2Bis%2BMagic%2BCover%2BVariant.jpg

Writer: Ted Anderson
    Artist: Agnes Garbowska
    Cover Artists: Amy Mebberson / Sara Richard

Synopsis: The Sirens from Rainbow Rocks Equestria origin revealed!

Release Date: 4/15/2015

2.jpg

Writer: Heather Nuhfer
    Artist: Tony Fleecs

Synopsis: The untold story of what Nightmare Moon did during her time on the moon!

Release Date: 4/22/2015

FIENDSHIP%2BIS%2BMAGIC%2BCHRYSALIS%2BVARIANT.jpg

Writer: Katie Cook
    Artist: Andy Price

Synopsis: The ponies visit the imprisoned Chrysalis... what secrets is she hiding!

Ship Date: 4/29/2015

Also, main covers apparently inspired by classical portraits of famous eviltons and others:
    M76Wf2C.jpg

Also also, Equestria Girls 3 may be Friendship Games, featuring Science Human Twilight and Katniss Applejack:
    9YwaD8o.jpg

steam_sig.png
    I really like those portraits.

newSig.jpg
    What a great series of posts to wake up to. I had seen some of that but not the solicitation details. Here's to April!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I really like those portraits.

The day if the dead stuff is near as well.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    What a great series of posts to wake up to. I had seen some of that but not the solicitation details. Here's to April!

HAIL APRIL! The most evilest of months!

Also this thread is reaching 100 pages soon. :c

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    As if I needed another reason to keep buying the comics... But this is a very, very good reason to! I'm excited for sure, and looking forward to what they do with this angle. The Price/Cook take on it is going to be awesome.
    They better get Chrysalis. They always do Chrysalis so well.
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Also this thread is reaching 100 pages soon. :c

Does that mean new thread soon?

VuIBhrs.png
    Twilight gets a Day of the Dead cover too, as a retailer incentive for issue 1:

wIdUxIG.jpg

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.