As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buttoneering! - Prizes? We has them if people want to join in! [Interest Gauging Thread]

2»

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    if you live in the U.S. you should be ok they have quick turnaround.

draklan on
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Without a rush I had them in hand in 7 days, they were awesome

• Options
    Josh@purebuttons.comJosh@purebuttons.com OhioRegistered User regular
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to give you guys an update on orders for Pax South. Currently I am pushing through all PAX orders in 1-3 days for production. You will just need to keep an eye on ship times and methods. As a reminder we ship from Ohio so most east coast shipments are 1-2 days for Fedex and then west coast can be up to 4-5 days. We have added USPS to help out as well as a 3 day Fedex. I would say you should have no reason to use Rush production options as I am personally keeping track of these orders to insure they are in production for as minimal time as possible.

Also a new thing we are literally launching today is our new Soft-Touch Matte finish. You will be able to add a matte finish to all buttons ordered during January at no additional cost. After January there will be a slight increase in price per button for the matte instead of the original gloss.

Lastly, I had a Pax member email me requesting a promo code….

Here it is PAXSOUTH 15% off all button orders!

Enjoy everyone and we greatly appreciate the support!!

• Options
    Just FYI ... PUREBUTTONS ROCKS

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Here's the second button I will have. These are special and go out to people who impress me (or ask really nicely!).

mwa7kuyn15jg.jpg

• Options
    n0clsw4m2s7n.jpg

OK, its close enough now that they lawyers don't have time to stop me :)

• Options
    ShionShion Queen of the Whiteboard Markers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So are there events planned or is there some way to signal to other buttoneers (.. auto correct thought I meant "but toners"...) that youre participating? I think I saw a guy at prime who had his bag covered in the same pin?

Edit: that moment when you are on mobile and don't notice that when you post a reply it puts you back to the first page of replies and then you reply to an old post... my bad.

Shion on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Alright, so here's the deal guys. I dropped the ball completely. Those who know me personally know why I've been preoccupied, but I should have gotten someone else to organize if I couldn't. I sincerely apologize from the depths of my heart.

What that means: I don't have official buttons made for this PAX, I don't have the site back up and running, and I don't have any sort of schedule ready. Josh has shown how awesome PureButtons is, and I hope everyone takes him up on his offer if you still want to Buttoneer. I obviously recommend small batches, since there won't be many of us.

The hard part about making a schedule for meetups is that I don't know the layout of the convention center, and more specifically if there are convenient areas for us to meet prior to doors being open. Is there anyone from the area that can shed light? Otherwise, I'll just have to post locations Thursday when I get there. I'll also be updating the twitter account.

Once again, I'm sorry for this year, guys. Next time, though. We'll be in full force!

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Shion wrote: »
    So are there events planned or is there some way to signal to other buttoneers (.. auto correct thought I meant "but toners"...) that youre participating? I think I saw a guy at prime who had his bag covered in the same pin?

I usually have a bunch on my bag (Red/Black backpack) I should also have my sparky-cheeked Pikachu with me, so keep an eye out for him too.
    I give them out to a lot of people, not just traders. It's a great way to introduce yourself to people and to give those people you meet something cool and unique to take home with them.

• Options
    @jonxp. If you want for a temp location I can make a buttoneering page on paxfans.com to post the schedule and pics of buttons. I did not want to step on your toes, but I can certainly put together a temporary web site with the info

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    jonxp wrote: »
    Alright, so here's the deal guys. I dropped the ball completely. Those who know me personally know why I've been preoccupied, but I should have gotten someone else to organize if I couldn't. I sincerely apologize from the depths of my heart.

What that means: I don't have official buttons made for this PAX, I don't have the site back up and running, and I don't have any sort of schedule ready. Josh has shown how awesome PureButtons is, and I hope everyone takes him up on his offer if you still want to Buttoneer. I obviously recommend small batches, since there won't be many of us.

The hard part about making a schedule for meetups is that I don't know the layout of the convention center, and more specifically if there are convenient areas for us to meet prior to doors being open. Is there anyone from the area that can shed light? Otherwise, I'll just have to post locations Thursday when I get there. I'll also be updating the twitter account.

Once again, I'm sorry for this year, guys. Next time, though. We'll be in full force!

Life happens we all know that , you get a pass from me this year :) As for organized meet ups for South ? I was pretty much planning the same thing, after seeing the venue for myself posting an option for a Saturday morning meet up ( it's pretty much what we did the first year of buttonerring at East ) and maybe a Sunday after the omegathon ?

My advice to everyone : watch the twitter account and this thread if possible for sightings of other buttoneers , and above all else HAVE FUN AT PAX !!!

• Options
    Ok, with 7 days left, and no site in sight. I have put up a temporary page for the contest. I will be starting another post with details so you can post your buttons in it. Please post your button no later then Wednesday at 5:00 PM EST as I will be leaving early Thursday and want to make sure all are included.

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    OK, so this is a not-guaranteed link to the site for this year: http://buttoneering-cedar.herokuapp.com/events/pax-south-2015/buttons

It *should* work, but there's the possibility that issues may arise. I'll be fixing the domain as soon as I get a chance. Please let me know if something is wrong.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Seems to be working fine for me :)

• Options
    TrezlTrezl Registered User regular
    It works! Uploaded my button.

• Options
    It wont let me upload because I the confirm signup page wont load for me

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    As in the time it has taken to make the Buttoneering site work I have lost the USB stick that my buttons were saved on I will have to upload photos here.

So This is my Button
    16321855085_9c7ab410c8_n.jpgIMG_20150119_192539 by PAX-draklan, on Flickr

And this is Sleepy Kittys
    16134302168_c642a42d2e_n.jpgIMG_20150119_193044 by PAX-draklan, on Flickr

look for a Mario Star bag as that will be where our buttons are displayed we will have a few extra buttons from previous paxes that if people want they can have as well

draklan on
  • Options
    Wow by my count there are only 5 of us ?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eh, it's a new pax. Hand em out to everyone, spread the word :)

• Options
    I give mine out all over the place. It's a great way to meet new people and make friends.

• Options
    protoaddictprotoaddict Registered User new member
    So I will be at the event this year with about 200 pins for my podcast that I will be trading or giving away while supplies last. They are of my pixel man from the site so I guess they are of me really. If you are interested in trading for them heres my plan:
    ao5mdu36sijh.jpg

The code word will be Sassafras, because why not.

hoq6sa6mbcue.jpg
  • Options
    I want!! Do you have a Twitter so I can track you down? Mine is @impressedrandom

• Options
    RanChan03RanChan03 Registered User regular
    jeba4naoxdrd.jpg
    Poops the cat will be making his way to Pax south :) i won't be getting my buttons until the convention, but if you see a guy wondering around in a suit with a camcorder for a head or Tingle, that's me :)

I look forward to the trades!

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    We dragged our feet too long so we didn't get buttons this year. :(

• Options
    My boys and I will have our buttons out! One boy will be in tomorrow and the other on Saturday.

We'll be on the lookout, buttons in hands.

I'm also on Twitter: @‌ryndaria

• Options
    edited January 2015
    ok a picture of the button bag so you all know what to look for

15722753264_af6717d5a3.jpg20150122_223429 by PAX-draklan, on Flickr

draklan on
  • Options
    protoaddictprotoaddict Registered User new member
    @Khaytor‌ you can find me on twitter @protoaddict. Trading mad pins.

hoq6sa6mbcue.jpg
  • Options
    Last day... Anyone meeting up? I found a couple of you but would like to trade more.

I'm walking around with dragon buttons on my lanyard and my daughter (5) in tow.

• Options
    I'm sorry I missed you guys. I gave out about 500 buttons to all kinds of impressive people.

• Options
    Yeah, I never found any one either, but gave out 150, including standing on a street corner just tossing them at people because I did not want to pack them for my flight back.