As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MAGFest: Your PAX South consolation prize. Jan 23-26 Wash, DC

NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX General Discussion
dn912ejl.jpg

Oh, well hello there, arcadians. You may have heard of MAGFest as the people that run the Jamspace at PAX East, but we also have a full blown event of our own every January right next to Washington, DC. This year, we return to the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center January 23-26, 2015. We're essentially a four-day long non-stop marathon of gaming, music, and fuckwittery. Seriously, there's so much stuff!
  • 40 video game music cover bands, chiptune performers, and DJs
  • 200 free-play arcade machines
  • Consoles spanning 40 years of gaming
  • Guests like Rebecca Sugar, Game Grumps, Hot Pepper Gaming, Yuu Miyake and Yoshihito Yano (Katamari series composers)
  • And so much more!

This year is a very special year for us. Is it because of our huge guest and band lineup? NO! It's because we accidentally DOUBLE BOOKED WEEKENDS WITH PAX SOUTH.

WHOOPS.

Thankfully though, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade:
HhUunzxl.jpg
We're doing a friendly cross-event competition with PAX South! A secret game will be revealed at our opening ceremonies, and attendees from both events will try to get their best score. Top score from each event wins a merch prize pack, and the event hosting the top score is declared "Best Thing In The Universe!" Loser suffers the consequences. In addition to the competition, we'll also be streaming each other's events! PAX will be showing some of the MAGFest primetime concert blocks, and MAGFest will have a room dedicated to the PAX twitch stream.

tl;dr PAX South sold out, guess you have to go to MAGFest instead!

NickTheNewbie on

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'll admit it, I had a moment of weakness when I was considering going to South instead, but then I came to my senses!
    Been to MAGfest the past two years and I'm ready to do it again. I am looking forward to flipping some tables and breaking some pots again this year!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I'll admit it, I had a moment of weakness when I was considering going to South instead, but then I came to my senses!
    Been to MAGfest the past two years and I'm ready to do it again. I am looking forward to flipping some tables and breaking some pots again this year!

For some reason I'm in the record for skipping magfest here and there.
    I had to go to south it's the first one. I'm always so used to magfest right after the new year.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Zero regrets about choosing MAGfest over South! It was a fantastic show! I was even able to make up for my shitty senior prom by going to MAGprom and seeing The Protomen play a bunch of my favourite songs and dance to them.
    Also, a DeLorean.
    A++, would MAG again.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png