As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium Game 9 - Round 8: Game Over.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    All righty then... This is probably where I lose the game. But I'll lose it with STYLE. Blarney I don't really think the trade deals are too pressing, so I'm just going to go ahead and empty my action card hand. :p Feel free to jump in whenever to finish off trade.

First action: Play an action card.

Equipment Sabotage
    Destroy up to 2 PDS units on the planet of your choice.
    Play: As an action.

Target Mecantol Rex

Sabotages?

El Skid on
  • Options
    faintpremonitionfaintpremonition Registered User regular
    No sabotages and pre-order no sabotages to influence any combats that don't involve me.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Muaat will only have one trade agreement in place, so I'll go through with the Muaat [2] <--> Yssaril [2] trade.

Game status update will be made upon Yssaril request, since El Skid is the only one left to PASS.

No Sabotage plays for this sequence of Action Cards.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    The Nekro Virus choose not to sabotage as well.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Sigh... no sabotage. PDS Units really don't seem like good investments.

I'd also not like Naalu to gain a foothold on Methanol Rex (hence all the unbombardable Mechs) as he seems like the only one with aspirations towards it with his Mechs on that other planet there, and thus probably holding a Secret Objective with the planet on it.
    So.. just something to think about before you kill all my ships :P

discrider on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    No sabotage.

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Muaat will only have one trade agreement in place, so I'll go through with the Muaat [2] <--> Yssaril [2] trade.

Game status update will be made upon Yssaril request, since El Skid is the only one left to PASS.

No Sabotage plays for this sequence of Action Cards.

Uhhh so the Naalu offered their trade to the Yssaril instead if Xxcha in the end. So that was the one that was approved. The one you can get approved is Xxcha<-> Muaat, I gathered...?

• Options
    I mean it doesnt really matter to me either way, but having both accepted your offer and also made an offer to me, I clarified which he actually meant and approved that one. I dont feel like Im going back on my word to you here, but we can discuss here more if you like...this waiting for sabos thing will take a while.

Speaking of which- I guess I can continue dumping my action cards now that everyone has declined a sabo on the last...

Play action card: Plague
    Choose a planet your opponent controls. Roll a die for each Ground Force unit on that planet. If the number rolled is even, that unit is destroyed. Your opponent retains control of the planet even if all of his Ground Forces are destroyed.
    Play: As an action.

Targetting Mecantol Rex

• Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Uhhh so the Naalu offered their trade to the Yssaril instead if Xxcha in the end. So that was the one that was approved. The one you can get approved is Xxcha<-> Muaat, I gathered...?

Sorry, I meant Muaat [2] <--> Xxcha [2]. Mixed up the names.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    That makes me feel SO much better, thanks :D

• Options
    No sabotage, and Mech Units are unaffected by this card.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    We'll get there, don't worry :P

e- though I really wish you hadn't taken that last action to build those mech units... it made me sad :(

El Skid on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    The Nekro Virus choose not to Sabotage.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

I'd also not like Naalu to gain a foothold on Methanol Rex (hence all the unbombardable Mechs) as he seems like the only one with aspirations towards it with his Mechs on that other planet there, and thus probably holding a Secret Objective with the planet on it.

We have no designs on Mecatol Rex, as our Secret Objective does not involve it. It also would involve war with at least 3 other players, so we aren't actively pursuing it. Purge away.

-Naalu

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

We have no designs on Mecatol Rex, as our Secret Objective does not involve it. It also would involve war with at least 3 other players, so we aren't actively pursuing it. Purge away.

-Naalu

Huh. We guess we completely misread the 4 Mechs in Vega Major/Minor that we were blockading then.
    El Skid wrote: »
    We'll get there, don't worry :P

e- though I really wish you hadn't taken that last action to build those mech units... it made me sad :(

The Mechs are also unaffected by orbital bombardment, which is nice.

• Options
    The 4 Mechs in Vega were turtle stomping forces.

• Options
    Sooo are we okay to assume no sabotages? I have more cards to play!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Yes, no sabotage

• Options
    Yes, you're free to go ahead with your next play, @El Skid.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Geth, roll 8d10 for Plague deaths

Plague deaths:
    8d10 50 [8d10=10, 10, 5, 1, 7, 9, 4, 4]

• Options
    edited January 2015
    So 4 GFs removed. I really could have gone for more...oh well.

Activate Mecatol Rex. Move 2 dreadnaughts carrying 2 GFs, 3 fighters and 2 carriers from Arinam/Meer, picking up all Gfs from Arinam, Meer, Sakulag and Lazar on the way.

Initiate space combat, bombarding and landing all GFs when we win the space combat.

Non-fighter-barrage casualties to dreadnaughts first, one each. I looked at my ACs and the next one has to be played at the start of invasion combat, so waiting for that.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @El Skid, that move violates your Fleet Supply limit at Arinam-Meer, with 7 Fighters and 1 Destroyer left in the system, with no Fighter support left and 7 FS.
    Would you like to take some more ships to Metacol Rex?

discrider on
  • Options
    Yeah, take another fighter then...may as well!

• Options
    Light them up boys:
    Geth roll 6d10t6 for Anti-Fighter Barrage

Anti-Fighter Barrage:
    6d10t6 3 [6d10t6=5, 1, 2, 8, 7, 7]

• Options
    @El Skid, You've lost three fighters. Are you retreating? 8-)

• Options
    Ahahaha no retreat, thanks. Are you?

• Options
    Geth roll 1d2t2 for retreat?

retreat?:
    1d2t2 0 [1d2t2=1]

• Options
    Geth says "MAKE HIM PAY" so I guess not. Are your GFs equally spread on your carriers @El Skid? Or was one carrying 6? Just in case it matters, which it probably does not.

• Options
    One will be carrying 6

• Options
    Okay then:

Round 1: Space Combat

Geth roll 2d10t6 for Destroyers

Destroyers:
    2d10t6 1 [2d10t6=6, 1]

• Options
    @El Skid to roll for invasion forces unless he wants to wait for Blarney

• Options
    Ships in Methanol Rex:

Awesome Forces:
    2 Destroyers (CV 6)

Less Awesome but Still Impressive Invading Forces:
    2 Dreadnaughts (CV 5)
    1 Fighter (CV 7)
    2 Carriers (CV 8)

• Options
    @El Skid, you should probably tap that 10 Influence as well before attacking Metacol Rex...

• Options
    Oh right. I do that too.

Exhausting Arinam (2), Tiamat(2), Meer (4), Shalloq(2) for 10 Influence to discard the usefulbut silly law.

Geth roll 2d10t5 for dreadnoughts
    Geth roll1d10t7 for fighter
    Geth roll 2d10t9 for carriers

Assign hit to a dreadnought

dreadnoughts:
    2d10t5 0 [2d10t5=1, 4]
    carriers:
    2d10t9 1 [2d10t9=8, 9]

• Options
    Hmm fighter didnt roll.

Geth, roll 1d10t7 for fighter

fighter:
    1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=2]

• Options
    Assign hit to Destroyer, and do the more interesting thing of Flying the Destroyer straight into the Invading Fleet:

I play Courageous to the End:

Roll 2 dice. For each roll equal to or greater than your ship's combat value, your opponent must immediately take one casualty. You may use this card even if your ship should not receive return fire.
    Play: Immediately after one of your ships is destroyed.

Sabotages? @El Skid?

• Options
    Uhhh no, thats okay. No sabo, nor will I pay for one.

• Options
    Sorry for being out for the past day - thanks for following through with the resolution so far. I'll be catching up tonight.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Any more not sabotages before I kill this Yssaril Fighter?
    Also @MrBlarney , can you provide us the full list of Secret Objectives that could be in this game?
    I'd like to know whether the Yssaril have to always control Metacol Rex a full turn before they can complete their SO, no matter what it is.

• Options
    Secret Objectives:
    [2 VP] Conqueror: I control all the planets in another player’s Home System.
    [2 VP] Diversified: I control Mecatol Rex; I have a Space Dock here, and I have at least 2 Technology Advances in each of three different colors.
    [2 VP] Expansionist: I control 8 systems outside of my Home System. I “control” a system if I have at least one (non-Fighter) ship there, and I control every planet in the system.
    [2 VP] Focused: I control at least 4 planets with the same technology specialty.
    [2 VP] Forceful: I control Mecatol Rex; I have a Space Dock here, and at least 4 Dreadnoughts in the Mecatol Rex system.
    [2 VP] Industrial: I control Mecatol Rex, and I have all 3 of my Space Docks and all 5 of my Dreadnoughts on the board.
    [2 VP] Keeper of Gates: I have at least 1 (non-Fighter) ship in every system containing a wormhole.
    [2 VP] Master of Ships: I control Mecatol Rex, I have a Space Dock here, and at least 8 (non-Fighter) ships in the Mecatol Rex system.
    [2 VP] Merciless: This turn, I successfully took control of my neighbor’s planet that held his last Space Dock on the board. (My neighbor is another player directly to my right or left.)
    [2 VP] Regulator: I destroyed Space Docks controlled by two different players this turn.
    [2 VP] Technocrat: I control at least 6 planets with a technology specialty.
    [2 VP] Threatening: I control systems adjacent to 2 different player’s Home Systems. I “control” a system if I have at least one (non-Fighter) ship there, and I control every planet in the system.
    [2 VP] Usurper: I control Mecatol Rex; I have a Space Dock and at least 6 Ground Forces here.

There are no constraints on minimum duration of control for "control Mecatol Rex" objectives.

Round 7 - Battle at Mecatol Rex

Pre-Battle Effects

Yssaril has 2 Dreadnoughts (each carrying 1 Ground Force), 2 Carriers (one carrying 6 Ground Forces and one carrying 4 Ground Forces), and 4 Fighters.
    Muaat has 2 Destroyers.

Muaat Anti-Fighter Barrage destroys 3 Yssaril Fighters.

Round 1

Yssaril has 2 Dreadnoughts (each carrying 1 Ground Force), 2 Carriers (one carrying 6 Ground Forces and one carrying 4 Ground Forces), and 1 Fighter.
    Muaat has 2 Destroyers.

Yssaril lands 1 hit; Muaat destroys 1 Destroyer.
    Muaat lands no hits (remember that Destroyers only have effective Combat Value 6 for Anti-Fighter Barrage, and Combat Value 8 outside).
    Muaat plays Action Card "Courageous to the End", rolling two more dice for the destroyed Destroyer.

Geth roll 2d10t8 for Courageous to the End

Courageous to the End:
    2d10t8 0 [2d10t8=6, 1]

4463rwiq7r47.png