As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

confirmed exhibitors and vendors

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Some folks have been asking about an official exhibitor/vendor list. That doesn't exist yet, but in the meantime if you have official confirmation from an exhibitor or vendor, feel free to post about that here. Please include your source!

At minimum, we know about the indie showcase games/companies!
http://south.paxsite.com/psis

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Do big developers usually bring stuff to PAX or is it more indie low key stuff?

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    PAX Prime and PAX East see tons of huge devs with their huge titles, along with plenty of low key indie stuff. For this first year of PAX South, I would not expect TONS of the larger devs, but they'll trickle in over time as it shows to be a success (this is all guessing on my part, of course).

• Options
    Gotcha. Im just excited to be going. I got that friday off and ive already been planning what I want to do.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    At a minimum I would expect Gearbox (which is in Dallas) and Grey Goo, who have already announced a demo at PAX south.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Motiga has stated they'll be there to show off Gigantic.

gogigantic.com/news/pax-south-community-streams-and-more

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    At a minimum I would expect Gearbox (which is in Dallas) and Grey Goo, who have already announced a demo at PAX south.
    Gearbox has a panel so we at least know some of their folks are going. Don't know if that means they are setting up a booth though.

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    According to the schedule, Firaxis is coming and bringing Sid Meier. /convention

• Options
    Retro JoseRetro Jose Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Game Over Videogames will be there as a vendor. (yay) Which makes me very excited because this will be my first PAX. So if you swing by the dealers area, we should be one of the few with the retro video game stuff. So don't forget to say hi to me.

• Options
    BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Gearbox has a panel so we at least know some of their folks are going. Don't know if that means they are setting up a booth though.

Gearbox has stated they're merging their community day with PAX South, and have mentioned both the panel as well as some other events at their booth.

PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Options
    kuma_toodxkuma_toodx da Bear SeattleRegistered User new member
    We, TOO DX, will be at PAX South, showing off Sportsball and giving a first look at an amazing new game.

Sportsball - go on, have a #birdparty
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    Double damage games will have a demo of Rebel Galaxy Booth #1637 announced on Facebook and Tiwtter

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    WOW, I just saw the list and now I know why tickets are still available. This list reads like a who's who list of gaming companies I never hear of :) It will be awesome I am sure , but I a looking at the list and wondering will I even need to bother 1) getting there early or 2) planning a booth route to hit big names on first day.

Dolarrah on
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I think this is just what PAX needs. It's looking like a more intimate gathering. We'll get to spend quality time with some smaller Devs and maybe find something we'll like. I mean, we all know the big games coming. There are no real surprises there. With the huge events of Gearbox and Star Citizen, this is going to leave a expo floor that is Devs getting to know gamers. Getting to know them with much less pressure to move on to the next gamer. So i'm actually really pumped for it. :D

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Agreed. I'm interested to see how the expo hall is in comparison to Pax East 2013. Hopefully Sony is there though since they have two big AAA games coming out in the next two months.

This space for rent
  • Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    All I hope is that there are more people at East

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm interested to see how the expo hall is in comparison to Pax East 2013. Hopefully Sony is there though since they have two big AAA games coming out in the next two months.
    East 2013 had a pretty giant expo hall.
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    All I hope is that there are more people at East
    East's Expo hall is monstrous.

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    The STAR CITZEN Event is not PAX related in any way that I can see except for trying to steal the attendees away from what I can see. $ 30.00 for a ticket and its a mini convention that competes and offers nothing I can see worth the price above and beyond PAX. I would almost be interested to hear about what is going to happen legally to Cloud Imperium after RE gets wind of them saying "AT PAX SOUTH" with an off site venue during prime PAX hours.

Neither Cloud Imperium or Robert Space Industries is listed as a pax sponsor or exhibitor. Any input from PAX on this?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    The Guidebook page has an exhibitor list. I think I recognized 1 of the game devs on the list. But then I have no interest in big devs at PAX and just want to see stuff I've never heard. So I'm sure there will be plenty of great stuff.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    The STAR CITZEN Event is not PAX related in any way that I can see except for trying to steal the attendees away from what I can see. $ 30.00 for a ticket and its a mini convention that competes and offers nothing I can see worth the price above and beyond PAX. I would almost be interested to hear about what is going to happen legally to Cloud Imperium after RE gets wind of them saying "AT PAX SOUTH" with an off site venue during prime PAX hours.

Neither Cloud Imperium or Robert Space Industries is listed as a pax sponsor or exhibitor. Any input from PAX on this?

Yes I was stoked when I got the Email saying "Star Citizen Town Hall at PAX South". Yippee I can check up on the latest while looking at other things I'm interested in! Wait... It's off-site? And it's on the same day as the opening of PAX? And it's $30? WTF guys! That is quite the kick in the teeth AFAIC. Funny thing is I've only seen 2 or 3 people complaining about this on the SC forums. Personally I think it's pretty low.

That being said I see no legal issues between SC and PAX.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Bartoni33 wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »

Yes I was stoked when I got the Email saying "Star Citizen Town Hall at PAX South". Yippee I can check up on the latest while looking at other things I'm interested in! Wait... It's off-site? And it's on the same day as the opening of PAX? And it's $30? WTF guys! That is quite the kick in the teeth AFAIC. Funny thing is I've only seen 2 or 3 people complaining about this on the SC forums. Personally I think it's pretty low.

That being said I see no legal issues between SC and PAX.

Well, the Star Citizen event only holds 850 people, it's not going to draw a real number of folks away. And it's all day(1-11). To be cynical, what sounds more like Star Citizen? Paying thousands to present at a show, or making $25,000 off their fans?

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The Guidebook page has an exhibitor list. I think I recognized 1 of the game devs on the list. But then I have no interest in big devs at PAX and just want to see stuff I've never heard. So I'm sure there will be plenty of great stuff.

Thanks. I see that Nintendo will be there. I'm sure this is a pipe dream but it would be incredible if there were "new" 3ds systems to try out.

This space for rent
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    <Duplicate post>

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Pretty much what I expected. With this being the first year of South I think most of the AAA company's are watching to see how well it will do before they spend thousands on massive expo spots.

• Options
    any ideas on what "Bioware Base" is??

• Options
    craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    AbleGamers Charity will be in the Diversity Lounge.

• Options
    CresendoCresendo Part-Time Crimefighter HoustonRegistered User regular
    Am I missing something? I didn't see any Sony or Playstation booths. Did they skip in lieu of their Vegas conference?

"Great's okay, but amazing would be great."
  • Options
    Cresendo wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I didn't see any Sony or Playstation booths. Did they skip in lieu of their Vegas conference?
    It looks like that (they will probably be at East though). I don't see them on the maps or exhibitor list.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My opinion (which is probably a minority one) is that the "big name" developers have no place at PAX. In fact, I believe that PAX would be a far better show if they specifically excluded those publishers from the show floor at all PAXes. One of the reasons E3 sucked so bad in the last decade was specifically because they started catering to the Bigger! Better! Faster! Stonger! More Flashy! Less Clothing! exhibitors. The EA both at E3 2007 was the size of a small city block. Yes, they make a lot of games, and it's exciting to see them all, but there really is no shortage of places to learn about them.

And if you think having those high-profile games on the show floor is going to mean that you get a chance to play the early, you're dreaming. The ESO line at PAX Prime 2014 was capped at 4 hours and I never saw it get shorter than that for the entire weekend. (I'm specifically using this example because I feel that ESO is a failure. Imagine how long the lines are going to be for game that are actually good!)

PAX is, and should be, for the gamers... for US. PAX should not be another venue for the multi-billion dollar industry giants to show off.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    I believe gaming should be about gaming and nothing more. period. It is why I love Nintendo SO MUCH and why I am looking forward to seeing them the most. I know they might not be showing Zelda but it will just be a dream come true to be in one of their booths at a con. I just wanna play and see cool games. I can not wait to see what cool surprises the little guys have in store for us.

• Options
    LlamaofTimeLlamaofTime Registered User new member
    If this has been posted before then I apologize! I didn't see it anywhere though.

So Gearbox has their own theater at PAX South, and it has its own schedule thats not listed on the official schedule. You can check it here- http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1292/gearbox-at-pax-south

Some of these sound pretty cool, and since its not on the main schedule it might not have the lines like some of the other bigger panels (I'm a PAX newbie though, so not sure if it'll work that way or not)

Also their main panel on Sunday makes it sound like they have at least one new announcement to make. I'm excited about that. Heard that a Borerlands Remastered Edition got rated by a ratings board or something, maybe they'll be announced an update to Borderlands 1 and 2 for Xbox One and PS4? I'm sure we'll at least get a new Battleborn trailer. And I doubt it happens but I'd be ecstatic if we got even a teaser for a Borderlands 3.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Stupid wrote: »
    My opinion (which is probably a minority one) is that the "big name" developers have no place at PAX. In fact, I believe that PAX would be a far better show if they specifically excluded those publishers from the show floor at all PAXes. One of the reasons E3 sucked so bad in the last decade was specifically because they started catering to the Bigger! Better! Faster! Stonger! More Flashy! Less Clothing! exhibitors. The EA both at E3 2007 was the size of a small city block. Yes, they make a lot of games, and it's exciting to see them all, but there really is no shortage of places to learn about them.

And if you think having those high-profile games on the show floor is going to mean that you get a chance to play the early, you're dreaming. The ESO line at PAX Prime 2014 was capped at 4 hours and I never saw it get shorter than that for the entire weekend. (I'm specifically using this example because I feel that ESO is a failure. Imagine how long the lines are going to be for game that are actually good!)

PAX is, and should be, for the gamers... for US. PAX should not be another venue for the multi-billion dollar industry giants to show off.
    PAX was founded largely because ordinary gamers had no way to see multi-billion dollar industry giants show off. Those lines are hours long because people want to see that stuff. As much as I'll never spend my entire day in 1 line at PAX, lots of people are willing to. And maybe, if none of the big companies set up flashy booths, people might be a tad less interested in PAX. While I might only play indie games at PAX, if that was the entirety of the expo floor, it'd be way less cool.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    The big companies spending lots of money is what pays for things like the freeplay areas and the space for the panels and whatnot. It's pretty easy for me to avoid AAA booths on the expo floor. I agree that things have become a little crazy, but hitting up the indie stuff is still pretty easy if that's what you want to see. PAX *is* for the gamers. Those big companies are successful and popular because gamers like their games.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The big companies spending lots of money is what pays for things like the freeplay areas and the space for the panels and whatnot. It's pretty easy for me to avoid AAA booths on the expo floor. I agree that things have become a little crazy, but hitting up the indie stuff is still pretty easy if that's what you want to see. PAX *is* for the gamers. Those big companies are successful and popular because gamers like their games.

I'm really intrigued to see how the table top area works at South, since it's 40% of the floor space that PA is using on the first floor on that side of the building. TT hasn't had that kind of exposure before at PAX, has it?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    I agree. The big names in gaming do draw the crowd, but in the end what makes people go "Ooh" and "ahh" are the games and the experiences. Big name or no name, in the end, the question is the same: Was the game fun and would you come back for more?

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    I don't think PSX has anything to do with Sony's PAX South no-show. Along with (seems to be most) PAX regular AAA companies they will be watching how it works out. And whether or not to support it in the future. It would not surprise me at all if they send a few people to check it out first hand. Then decide what to do down the road.

• Options
    gunadicgunadic Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    I'm really intrigued to see how the table top area works at South, since it's 40% of the floor space that PA is using on the first floor on that side of the building. TT hasn't had that kind of exposure before at PAX, has it?

I'd argue that at East tabletop had even more exposure because it was right next to the main floor queue.

• Options
    SparkstertheGoldenSparkstertheGolden Registered User regular

Thanks. I see that Nintendo will be there. I'm sure this is a pipe dream but it would be incredible if there were "new" 3ds systems to try out.

Nintendo, huh? Hopefully they'll have Splatoon there.

• Options

Nintendo, huh? Hopefully they'll have Splatoon there.

my fingers are crossed for Splatoon

• Options
    I want to try out project steam. It has that Valkyria Chronicles vibe to it.

• Options
    Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Project Steam, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Majora's Mask. I'm expecting most of those. I'm dreaming on this one but if they showed Xenoblade Chronicles X I would be very happy