Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Looking for Primers on Finance Statistics and Microsoft Access

Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm undergoing a change in job role at the company I work for (an insurance broker; I know, I know, I'm part of the problem).

Now, while my managers are confident in my ability to perform the role, my past experience in stat analysis was rooted firmly in the life sciences. Therefore, I've told them there are likely to be fundamental gaps in my knowledge. Now, as I work for the credit control department I would not be expected to perform the role/analyses expected of, say, a chartered accountant. However, I would be very grateful if any forumers can point me in the direction of a good primer in finance stat analysis.

I've also been told that my new group manager wants me to be able to use Microsoft Access to generate my month-end reports. As I have no experience with this program, I would be very grateful if anyone could point me to any relevant, useful resources.

Carpe Diem. By the CROTCH.
Red or Alive on

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    SQL is the relevant experience that you want, but stats is stats yo. Also, for a lot of month-end reporting, it's more about actuals than statistical analysis, as a lot of the actionable stuff is relatively obvious. Honestly, just playing around with it is going to be the best experience, as each database/setup is different.

• Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    My bosses said much the same. Ah, well, I'll take a look at some SQL primers and take things as they come.

Carpe Diem. By the CROTCH.