As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South 2015 Q&A

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    dagnie wrote: »
    Anyone know when the badges will be sent?

I'm heading to Texas from Seattle on the 19th and I'm worried I won't get my badges in time. I'm not sure what to do if I cant manage to get them in time. Rebuying badges would suuuck.
    Badges are usually mailed out 3 weeks prior to show. So they should be arriving very soon (I imagine the holidays delayed it a little). As somebody who once didn't get their badges, don't worry. If it happens, contact PAX. If the process hasn't changed, you will be instructed to print out your confirmation data, and (I think) the correspondence. Bring that to the show and you will get your badges. It was zero hassle for me.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I think they're shipping out as we speak, someone on another forum I go to has shipping confirmation of his.

• SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    i got the confirmation mine are on the way, i paid for international shipping. i iz canadian

qEGfoNG.png

• ScaryGaryScaryGary Registered User regular
    That is exciting!!!, i was concerned for a minute because being an Alaskan, I don't want them to be waiting up here when I am in texas :D

First Pax: Pax South 2015!!!
    Second Pax: PAX PRIME 2015!!
    Third Pax: PAX SOUTH 2016 GET HYPE!!!!
    Proud Alaskan!
  • SpikeguySpikeguy Registered User regular
    I didn't notice it on the schedule, but does anyone know if there will be an Aqi D&D panel?

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Spikeguy wrote: »
    I didn't notice it on the schedule, but does anyone know if there will be an Aqi D&D panel?

Nope

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • ARNOLDandGERALDARNOLDandGERALD Registered User new member
    Is the indie showcase specifically highlighting tabletop games? Can we expect a good amount of indie video game devs there as well though?

Is the indie showcase specifically highlighting tabletop games? Can we expect a good amount of indie video game devs there as well though?

The Indie Megabooth is not doing South this year. I'm sure there will still be plenty of Indies there, but lacking the concentrating power of the IMB, I doubt it'll be at the levels of East and Prime currently are.

• VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know when the guidebook will be out? (like the PAX South section)

Wishes he could change his username
  • ARNOLDandGERALDARNOLDandGERALD Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »

The Indie Megabooth is not doing South this year. I'm sure there will still be plenty of Indies there, but lacking the concentrating power of the IMB, I doubt it'll be at the levels of East and Prime currently are.

Well that's quite a buzzkill.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    VGguy49 wrote: »

Soon™

IhtGIyi.png
  • VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    VGguy49 wrote: »

Soon™

Oh well thats easy

Wishes he could change his username
  • LlamaofTimeLlamaofTime Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    How early do you guys think I'd have to be there to make it into that Geoff Keighley panel Friday morning? I'm leaving early Friday morning and have like a four to four and a half hour drive to make. We talked about leaving around 6 AM, not sure I could get everyone to leave earlier then that. Meaning I might get there right around 10 AM (if I'm lucky). Should I try to leave even earlier then that or do I have a chance if I get there around 10? Obviously I know no one knows for sure, but I just want a general idea

Also do they ever have food at the convention itself? If they dont there seems to be plenty of places to eat nearby, so its not a big deal, was just wondering if I should plan my schedule around that.

LlamaofTime on
    How early do you guys think I'd have to be there to make it into that Geoff Keighley panel Friday morning? I'm leaving early Friday morning and have like a four to four and a half hour drive to make. We talked about leaving around 6 AM, not sure I could get everyone to leave earlier then that. Meaning I might get there right around 10 AM (if I'm lucky). Should I try to leave even earlier then that or do I have a chance if I get there around 10? Obviously I know no one knows for sure, but I just want a general idea

Also do they ever have food at the convention itself? If they don't there seems to be plenty of places to eat nearby, so its not a big deal, was just wondering if I should plan my schedule around that.
    Caveat: I've never been in the convention center. According to the center's page and my Yelping, the food looks to be ok at best. It is all contracted concession stuff. I saw no Yelp reviews that say it is better than acceptable and of course it's expensive. On the upside, the food was often the only downside to the review. It seems like the best plan is probably packing in enough snacks to get you through your time inside.

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Also do they ever have food at the convention itself? If they don't there seems to be plenty of places to eat nearby, so its not a big deal, was just wondering if I should plan my schedule around that.
    Caveat: I've never been in the convention center. According to the center's page and my Yelping, the food looks to be ok at best. It is all contracted concession stuff. I saw no Yelp reviews that say it is better than acceptable and of course it's expensive. On the upside, the food was often the only downside to the review. It seems like the best plan is probably packing in enough snacks to get you through your time inside.
    [/quote]

I've found that price majorly sways "quality".. IE it's decent food, but since it's expensive everything is worse on the review because of the one bad aspect. Con food is expensive, no matter where ya go.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

Also do they ever have food at the convention itself? If they dont there seems to be plenty of places to eat nearby, so its not a big deal, was just wondering if I should plan my schedule around that.
    Extremely hard to say. My gut says you would be just barely ok. The huge variables are how big a fan of him are the attendees, the likely high percentage of brand new PAX attendees, the appeal to be "first" into the expo hall, etc etc. If its super important to you see if you can get there by 9:30, which i'm sure would be safe. But remember it will also be streamed and recorded at twitch.tv/pax, so there is always that option.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Are they clearing out Main before Q&A 1? That might also impact the attendance.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Main Theater will not be cleared out between Keynote/Q+A/Rooster Teeth

edit: Pretty sure it won't be cleared out before RT, I think MT requires an hour or more between panels to clear and setup.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I saw the You Don't Know Jack! tournament is scheduled for 3-5pm on Sunday. The one at Prime was scheduled for the same times and didn't finish in that window, meaning if one advances at all it makes it extremely tough to make the tournament and the Omegathon finale. I realize that in many cases conflicting things are scheduled intentionally, but based on my experience with the past two tournaments at Prime two hours just isn't enough time to run it. Is there any way to get it to start at least a half-hour earlier? (Another way could be to double the number of stations used for the first round, since that takes by far the longest.)

• NutOfDeathNutOfDeath Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    Oh crap oh crap! I forgot to change my badge address when I moved last month! Is there still any way to get my badge or is my $65 gone forever?! D:

Oh, and I also never got confirmation emails, which is very worrying.

NutOfDeath on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    NutOfDeath wrote: »
    Oh crap oh crap! I forgot to change my badge address when I moved last month! Is there still any way to get my badge or is my $65 gone forever?! D:

Message pax_questions@paxsite.com and explain your situation. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

• NutOfDeathNutOfDeath Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    NutOfDeath wrote: »

Message pax_questions@paxsite.com and explain your situation. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

OK, thank you very much. I got ShowClix to resend me the receipt, hopefully I can get into the con with that. I'll shoot them an email though just in case.

• chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    @NutOfDeath Change your address with the post office and they will forward it to you. Or if you still live close, swing by and let the new tenant know.

• Lady EdanaLady Edana Registered User new member
    Hello folks, I've never ordered passes myself and had them mailed regular mail - was this like a totally lame thing to do? I figured the passes would be mailed at least 30 days prior, but I just found out different. 11 days away ... live in San Antonio and no passes yet.

• Lady EdanaLady Edana Registered User new member
    Another question, I got 2 Friday passes but my other half is no longer. Do you think there will be anyone selling passes and if they are how much I might want to bring with me to get a Saturday pass?

Where you live doesn't mean anything for when the passes show up.

edited January 2015
    Lady Edana wrote: »
    Another question, I got 2 Friday passes but my other half is no longer. Do you think there will be anyone selling passes and if they are how much I might want to bring with me to get a Saturday pass?
    At the other PAXen (out front), there are usually attendees selling excess badges at cost, or close to it. As a reminder, buying and selling on the forums is strictly prohibited.

YoungFrey on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So have people been receiving their passes yet? I see people saying they haven't but are there people who have?

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    So have people been receiving their passes yet? I see people saying they haven't but are there people who have?

Yes. The badges are usually sent out in waves. I received mine this past Friday, 1/9.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I know how it works, =P

But yes, that makes me feel better. Last Friday was really only one business day, so I feel fine.

Was it USPS or ...?

• TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    Got ours today...

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
    Delmain wrote: »
    I know how it works, =P

But yes, that makes me feel better. Last Friday was really only one business day, so I feel fine.

Was it USPS or ...?

Mine was Friday. USPS. I live in Arizona.

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Got mine today. I live in Illinois. Side note: the badges look cool.

This space for rent
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Mine came today, looked like junk mail. From Connecticut and had no mention of ShowClix or anything on the envelope, plus "pre-sorted first class" on the stamp, which when I see that it usually goes directly into recycling. Glad I opened it for the hell of it!

• kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    We still have not gotten ours :(

Please use this thread only for questions or for the direct answering of said questions. There's other threads about badges if you just want to talk about your badges or lack thereof :)

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Please use this thread only for questions or for the direct answering of said questions. There's other threads about badges if you just want to talk about your badges or lack thereof :)
    Hey yeah, just got my badges =P (don't kill me, luv you long time)

Actual question. The badges look pretty simple to make, is there some other identifier that is used to protect the conference from bad peoples?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    There should be other stuff on them that proves they're legit, but it would be silly to advertise what is, now wouldn't it?

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    There should be other stuff on them that proves they're legit, but it would be silly to advertise what is, now wouldn't it?
    Firstly I assure you my intentions are not malicious.
    Secondly my inquiry was not limited to the badges. It is my first PAX so I didn't know if they add a sticker or something is on to the lanyard. The answer I sought did not require details, just verification =)

Aggress wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Firstly I assure you my intentions are not malicious.
    Secondly my inquiry was not limited to the badges. It is my first PAX so I didn't know if they add a sticker or something is on to the lanyard. The answer I sought did not require details, just verification =)

They have a serial number, a hologram, and an embossing if memory serves. And all you need is the badge itself. No stamps, stickers, decals, dongles, or code wheels

This discussion has been closed.