As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Rius, you are Sisyphus, and melee wizard is your boulder.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    You're not wrong

Edit: Be proud, that's my first signature change in years

Edit 2: Some people would say it's obscene to use Archon as a buff delivery system for Explosive Blast. I say, the more the merrier!

Rius on
    Still dying too much, though. Bummer. Though I will say this is the first combo of things that's gotten close enough to Firebird's damage as to make me satisfied.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bet you are looking forward to that new ring? Shame it's season only.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I hope the patch is today. I hate that they took the servers down for "maintenance" but wont confirm if they are patching or not.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

KafkaAU wrote: »
    Bet you are looking forward to that new ring? Shame it's season only.

Yeah, I'd like to give it a whirl. To be honest my normal Wizard doesn't have much left to find, so I'll probably create a seasonal one.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I started a Hardcore Demon Hunter last night, and died within the first hour when a trio of Waller Rares trapped me in a corner (with their bodies, walls, and the map boundary) so I literally couldn't move.

That sucked.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Patch 2.1.2 is up for download, if people want to get set to immediately start playing once the servers are back up.

Got to say, it's much smaller than I expected, a little less than 50mb.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I started a Hardcore Demon Hunter last night, and died within the first hour when a trio of Waller Rares trapped me in a corner (with their bodies, walls, and the map boundary) so I literally couldn't move.

That sucked.

Hardcore is for masochists. Especially in this age of DDoS attacks...

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

That sucked.

I wanted to at least give it a shot.

But now that I died and had literally no way of NOT dying, I don't think I'll try it again.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

That sucked.

For shits and giggles I rolled a seasonal HC Wizard a few weeks back. Played her for 15 hours, had some great gear and a solid rotation, and then bit the big one to a pack of Arcane/Jailer/WTF?! Phasebeasts just before dinging 70.

That felt like being racked in the balls with a tackhammer... but I think I might have liked it. :(

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    WTF BLIZZ YOU SAID 1:00PM SERVERS BACK UP IT IS 1:06 GET SERVERS BACK UP NOW OR I BOYCOTT

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    WTF BLIZZ YOU SAID 1:00PM SERVERS BACK UP IT IS 1:06 GET SERVERS BACK UP NOW OR I BOYCOTT

11am PST... which is 2pm EST, so, uh... MATH

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    Also, the patch notes are now in the launcher...

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Don't forget to demand your money back, also threaten a lawsuit because you saw a lawyer on TV that one time.

HooverFan wrote: »

11am PST... which is 2pm EST, so, uh... MATH

DO U THINK I GOT BRAIN TIME FOR MATH

BOYCOTTING U SO HARD

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh cool, console players get season 2 legendaries today

correction: looks like only ps4 and xbone versions

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    see317 wrote: »
    Don't forget to demand your money back, also threaten a lawsuit because you saw a lawyer on TV that one time.

And cancel your pre-order

LxX6eco.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    edit: I'M THE SLOWEST. SNAILS PASS ME ON THE HIGHWAY.

so uh

how bout that patch day

pretty cool huh

*whistles inconspicuously

3cl1ps3 on
    Patch Notes...
    Diablo III patch 2.1.2 is now live in the Americas for PC! Check out the full patch notes below to learn all about the latest changes.

GENERAL
    A message will now display in chat when a Treasure Goblin has been killed or escaped
    Players can no longer go Brawling while a Greater Rift they paid to enter is open
    The "Monster Kills grant X experience" affix is now multiplied by game difficulty
    Healing
    The "Healing" stat on the character sheet has been replaced with "Recovery"
    Recovery is an estimate of how much Toughness you are expected to be able to recover in combat and is calculated using a combination of your Healing, Life, and Toughness
    The Healing number will still be viewable in the character sheet if you mouse over the Recovery stat
    Life per Vitality has been increased from level 67 to 70
    Base Life at level 70 has been increased
    Healing from Health Globes has been reduced
    Pet and Follower Life has been increased
    Social
    The total number of players in a Community and in Community chat will now be displayed on the roster page
    The presence information displayed in Clan and Community rosters, and the Friends List is now more detailed
    The Clan Roster will now display the duration that a member has been offline
    The Clan Roster can now be sorted by offline duration
    CLASSES
    General
    Improvements have been made to the prioritization of abilities that utilize damage shields (e.g. cheat deaths, absorb shields, and % Damage Reduction)
    Pets
    Several monster attacks that are intended to be avoided by players that weren't already dealing reduced damage to pets now deal significantly less damage to pets
    Fixed an issue that prevented players from being healed by Life per Kill when an enemy was killed by a pet
    Barbarian
    Active Skills
    Frenzy
    Skill Rune - Vanguard
    Movement speed increased from 15% to 25%
    Furious Charge
    Skill Rune - Dreadnought
    Has been redesigned
    Now grants Furious Charge two charges
    Demon Hunter
    Active Skills
    Chakram
    Skill Rune - Serpentine
    Damage type changed from Poison to Cold
    Evasive Fire
    Skill Rune - Parting Gift
    Damage type changed from Poison to Physical
    Grenade
    Skill Rune - Gas Grenades
    Has been removed
    Replaced with "Cold Grenade"
    Leaves behind a puddle of cold on the ground that Chills enemies for 3 seconds
    Deals Cold damage
    Multishot
    Skill Rune - Suppression Fire
    Has been redesigned
    Now causes Multishot to knockback the first 2 enemies hit
    Sentry
    Has been redesigned
    Cooldown has been removed
    Now has 2 charges, with a recharge time of 8 seconds
    Recharge time is affected by cooldown reduction
    Hatred cost reduced from 30 to 20
    Smoke Screen
    Cooldown increased from 2 to 3 seconds
    Skill Rune - Choking Gas
    Has been removed
    Replaced with "Vanishing Powder"
    Removes the Discipline cost
    Increases the cooldown to 8 seconds
    Spike Trap
    Skill Rune - Echoing Blast
    Damage type changed from Poison to Cold
    Passive Skills
    Custom Engineering
    Has been redesigned
    Now increases the maximum number of charges and active Sentries from 2 to 3
    Night Stalker
    Has been redesigned
    Now causes your primary skills to generate an additional 4 Hatred
    Monk
    Active Skills
    Epiphany
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause players to get stuck on a wall when teleporting with Epiphany
    Witch Doctor
    Active Skills
    Haunt
    Skill Rune - Grasping Spirit
    Has been removed
    Replaced with "Poisoned Spirit"
    Haunted enemies take 20% increased damage from all sources
    Damage type changed from Cold to Poison
    Wizard
    Active Skills
    Hydra
    Significantly increased the amount of Hydra attacks per cast
    Attack Speed now affects how fast each Hydra head attacks
    Weapon damage reduced from 195% to 165%
    Skill Rune - Arcane Hydra
    Weapon damage reduced from 245% to 205%
    Skill Rune - Blazing Hydra
    Damage dealt over time no longer scales with Attack Speed
    Weapon damage reduced from 185% to 155%
    Skill Rune - Frost Hydra
    Weapon damage reduced from 275% to 255%
    Skill Rune - Lightning Hydra
    Weapon damage reduced from 305% to 255%
    Skill Rune - Mammoth Hydra
    Weapon damage reduced from 400% to 330%

ITEMS
    Life on Hit and Life Regeneration have been increased by 25% at all levels
    The rarity of the rarest Legendary items in the game has been reduced
    The stack size of Crafting Materials and Gems has been increased from 1000 to 5000
    Ancient items have been added to the game
    Ancient items are more powerful versions of Legendary items
    Ancient items roll from increased value ranges for certain affixes
    Ancient Mojos, Orbs, and Shields roll with increased Damage or Shield Block values
    Ancient items can now drop at Torment I or higher
    The drop chance will increase with each Torment level
    Any Legendary or Set item has a chance to be dropped or crafted as an Ancient item
    Legendary or Set items purchased from Kadala have a chance to be an Ancient item
    Band of Untold Secrets
    No longer drops
    Bottomless Potion of Fear
    New Legendary potion
    Fears enemies within 12 yards for 3-4 seconds on use
    Broken Crown
    Legendary power added
    Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into this item also drops
    The additional gem that is dropped will be of the same quality level as the original gem that was dropped
    Note: Existing versions of this item will not be affected. Only new versions of the item will roll with the added Legendary power.
    Shard of Hate
    Legendary power is no longer affected by Proc coefficients
    Can now proc more frequently
    Class-Specific Items
    Barbarian
    The Legacy of Raekor
    (2) Set Bonus
    The first enemy hit by Furious Charge takes 100% additional damage
    (4) Set Bonus
    Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune
    (5) Set Bonus
    Enemies hit by Furious Charge take 3000% weapon damage over 3 seconds
    Note: This DoT cannot crit. Instead, your Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage will be calculated into its damage.
    Demon Hunter
    Embodiment of the Maruader
    Philosophy note: These changes are intended to shift a large portion of the damage from the Sentries to the Demon Hunter in order to promote more active gameplay. These changes should be a slight net increase in power once you become accustomed to the new playstyle.
    Has been redesigned
    (2) Set Bonus
    Companion calls all companion types to your side
    (4) Set Bonus
    Sentries now cast your Hatred spenders every time you do
    (6) Set Bonus
    Your generators, Chakram, Cluster Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Impale, and Multishot deal 100% for every Sentry you have active
    Helltrapper
    The Caltrops, Sentries, and Spike Traps summoned by this item can no longer exceed the normal cap of those skills
    Monk
    Monkey King's Garb
    Philosophy note: With only some minor adjustments to supporting gear, build, and playstyle, Monks with four pieces of the updated Monkey King's Garb should be able to match or even exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level. With a complete optimization of the new Set bonuses, Monks should easily (or at least reliably) exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level.
    Has been redesigned
    (2) Set Bonus
    Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage
    Decoy explosion now deals the damage type of your highest +% Elemental Damage
    (4) Set Bonus
    When your decoys explode, you gain a buff that increases the damage of Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light by 500% for 3 seconds
    Sunwuko's Shines
    Now rolls with a guaranteed empty socket rather than Attack Speed
    Witch Doctor
    Carnevil
    Bug Fixes
    Poison Darts cast by Fetishes should now properly benefit from your +% Poison Dart damage
    Wizard
    Firebird's Finery
    (6) Set Bonus
    The infinite DoT no longer deals damage to Rift Guardians if the player gets too far away
    Going back within the allowed range should resume the DoT damage
    New Seasonal Legendary Items
    Note: The following Seasonal items will be not be available to PC players until Season 2 begins. These items will also be exclusive to Seasonal characters until the conclusion of Season 2.
    New Legendary Gems have been added
    Esoteric Alteration
    Gain 10% non-Physical damage reduction
    Upgrade rank grants: +0.5% non-Physical damage reduction
    Rank 25 unlocks: While below half Life, your resistances to Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison, and Arcane are increased by 75%
    Gem of Ease
    Monster kills grant +500 experience
    This is multiplied by the difficulty multiplier
    This is intended to be an exorbitant amount of experience for a low level character
    For example:
    A level 1 monster grants 40 experience
    A level 55 monster grants 8,700 experience
    A level 60 monster grants 18,700 experience
    Upgrade rank grants: +50 experience per kill
    Rank 25 unlocks: Level requirement reduced to 1
    Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard
    Regenerates 10,000 Life per Second
    Upgrade rank grants: +1000 Life per Second
    Rank 25 unlocks: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your total Life per Second
    Class-Specific Items
    Crusader
    Belt of the Trove
    New Legendary Belt
    Every 6-8 seconds, Bombardment is cast on a random nearby enemy
    Demon Hunter
    Odyssey's End
    New Legendary Bow
    Enemies snared by Entangling Shot take 20-25% more damage from all sources
    Wizard
    Halo of Arlyse
    New Legendary Ring
    Your Ice Armor now provides 50-60% Melee Damage Reduction and automatically casts Frost Nova whenever you take 10% of your Life in damage
    Several existing class-specific Legendary items have been updated to include a unique Legendary power
    Note: Existing items will not be affected by the following changes. Only new versions of the items will roll with the added Legendary power.
    Barbarian
    The Undisputed Champion
    Legendary power added
    Frenzy gains the effect of every rune
    Monk
    Gungdo Gear
    Legendary power added
    Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm
    Witch Doctor
    Wormwood
    Legendary power added
    Locust Swarm is cast on a nearby enemy every second
    Now rolls with +20-25% Poison skill damage as one of its four primary affixes
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue that allowed damage from Gem of Efficacious Toxin to be reflected back onto the player
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage bonus from Bane of the Trapped from being applied to enemies that are Blinded or Charmed
    Fixed an issue that prevented Invigorating Gemstone from correctly reducing your damage taken while Frozen or Blind
    Fixed an issue that prevented Invigorating Gemstone from correctly healing you when you are hit by a Blind effect
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage bonus from Bane of the Trapped from increasing the damage dealt by clones created by the Monkey King's Garb
    ACHIEVEMENTS
    Season 2 Conquests have been added
    The Lord of Bells is no longer required to complete "You're Not The Boss Of Me"
    ADVENTURE MODE
    The New Tristram town hub now has an improved layout
    Note: The changes apply to Adventure Mode only
    Whimsydale is now more rewarding
    Bounties & Events
    Bounties that were disabled after Patch 2.1.0 have been re-enabled
    The following events have received several changes, including changes to their completion requirements
    A Miner's Gold
    The Jar of Souls
    The Matriarch's Bones
    The Miser's Will
    The Scavenged Scabbard
    Clear the Barracks
    Changes have been made to the first floor of The Barracks to make it easier to locate the second floor
    Nephalem Rifts
    Players can no longer resurrect at checkpoint
    Players now resurrect at corpse after a delay
    The respawn timer will increase with every death
    The amount of Gold and Experience awarded upon completion of a Greater Rift has been increased
    Many maps have received changes to the way their layouts can be generated for Nephalem and Greater Rifts
    Monsters
    Monster density has been increased in several Greater and Nephalem Rifts
    Monster damage in Greater Rifts level 26 and higher has been reduced
    The following Rift Guardians have received several changes; they should less be frustrating, but still dangerous
    Bloodmaw
    Bloodmaw presented an unchallenging and unfair fight due to a combination of one-shot damaging abilities, stuns, and AoE damage. His Leap attack has been modified to address these concerns, but will trigger more often to make the fight feel more dynamic.
    Erethon
    Erethon has received minor changes to his dash attack. The AoE element has been replaced with a ranged attack to give more challenge to ranged characters.
    Rime
    Rime was an unfair opponent for melee players. The fight has been restructured so that his AoE can no longer overlap and the duration of each has been reduced. In addition, his ranged attack should be more threatening to ranged characters.
    Pylons
    Pylons are now less likely to spawn next to each other
    Conduit Pylon
    Now deals damage based on player Weapon Damage
    Now attacks a limited number of targets
    Will now attack the same target less frequently
    Shield Pylon
    Now reflects damage back to attackers
    Speed Pylon
    Duration has been increased from 30 seconds to 1 minute
    Now knocks enemies into the air and deals damage to them
    Now breaks Waller for the full duration
    Now breaks destroyable objects (e.g. Doors, Barrels, etc.)
    Realm of Trials
    The time between waves has been shortened
    Minor changes have been made to the types of monsters that can spawn
    Rewards now scale based upon the rank of the Keystone you receive
    Keystone of Trials no longer plays the Legendary item sound, or displays the Legendary item minimap icon when dropped
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue that allowed Follower skills to be changed while in a Greater Rift
    CRAFTING
    Blacksmith
    Salvage All will no longer salvage items that are currently Transmogrified or have gems socketed
    FOLLOWERS
    Templar
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue that caused Inspire to grant an incorrect amount of Wrath regeneration
    MONSTERS
    The Extra Health and Vampiric monster affixes have been removed from the game
    Anarch
    Maximum dash range has been reduced
    Now has a short dash that will be used at close range
    Corrupted Angel
    Maximum dash range has been reduced
    Unholy Shield has been removed
    Inferno Zombie
    Reduced this monsters XP, damage and survivability to bring it in line with other zombies
    Punisher
    Maximum leap range has been reduced
    Stun duration has been reduced
    Treasure Goblins
    New Treasure Goblins have been added to the game
    Be on the lookout for the Gem Hoarder, the Blood Thief, the Odious Collector, and Malevolent Tormentor
    The new Treasure Goblins can only be found in Adventure Mode
    Now always appear in front of a portal
    Now have a special minimap icon
    Now only drop their best loot on Torment I difficulty or above
    Some changes have been made to the way Treasure Goblins try to escape

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Apparently Europe has to wait a most of a day for the update.

DOWN WITH REGION SPLITS!

Also because starting over because you want to play with someone from a different region is stupid.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah the Bnet arbitrary region distinctions are really weird and onerous. I find especially bad the fact that your Hearthstone cards are region locked, so like, if you spent $300 in NA Hearthstone and then want to play EU Hearthstone, tough cookies buttercup.

Maintenance extended to 4pm EST...

SERVERS UP!!!!!!!!

We're back up.

3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah the Bnet arbitrary region distinctions are really weird and onerous. I find especially bad the fact that your Hearthstone cards are region locked, so like, if you spent $300 in NA Hearthstone and then want to play EU Hearthstone, tough cookies buttercup.

To be fair, some of the region locking is due to various national/international regulations. Otherwise, buying digital goods would be the perfect place to launder money and do other less-than-savory things.

You know, like how criminals use Bitcoin.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Are clans not working at the moment or is it me/my clan?

To be fair, some of the region locking is due to various national/international regulations. Otherwise, buying digital goods would be the perfect place to launder money and do other less-than-savory things.

You know, like how criminals use Bitcoin.

Valve seems to manage. I'm sure Blizzard could handle it as well.

• SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Crafted 56 Hellfire Amulets. None were ancient.

Here is the batch of honorable mentions while the one on the bottom is the best of the bunch. I suppose it's worth it...

wd610h3fujan.jpg

hfas.jpg 214.3K
    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man the cold sentry build I've been using on my DH feels way more effective now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Moving on up! 2.1.2 patch is shaping up well.

6tchu2ymj4b0.jpg

194.jpg 181.8K
    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    Crafted 56 Hellfire Amulets. None were ancient.

Here is the batch of honorable mentions while the one on the bottom is the best of the bunch. I suppose it's worth it...

wd610h3fujan.jpg

That bottom one is pretty great!

I crafted 40, a mix of barb, crusader, and DH ammys. All garbage. I wish I had focused on my DH. I may have gotten one good one.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    wanna get back into this

i wish the damage mitigation gems weren't season only

Really hate this philosophy they're taking of making more than 1 legendary each class season only.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Playing as a monk right now is hurting me. I'm so wildly inconsistent

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Tried out the new patch, ran around Act I a bit, same old same old. Second leggo I get (from Kadala, actually) is Ancient Legendary ... and of course they are crappy Gladiator Gauntlets. I had been used to the bitter feeling when every legendary you find is crap, now ... now there's a new bitter flavor in town.

Can't wait to get some awesome base legendary as Ancient but with totally crappy rolls next, like maybe Akkhan Gloves with regen, +armor and VIT.

edited January 2015
    The Sunwuko's change seems to have benefitted my monk and I finally have a character that can do T6.

Now I'm gonna see if I can craft an ancient reaper's wraps.

EDIT: No ancients and I'm out of blue materials. At least I got a minor upgrade.

Peewi on
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The addition of ancient items does not invalidate regular legendaries at all.

Keep in mind that the game's balance ignores their existence. Equipping an ancient item puts you ahead of the curve.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm happy to have something to farm for, besides grinding out a set of 6 pieces of gear thats 'mandatory' for any build.

steam_sig.png
    I've found two ancients so far and they both rolled stats close to the bottom of the range.
    58E54B759C003FB20EE9C7C7D671EF720FD63183
    A10DCEDEEC7EF0B8263DECD66C84F69FAD17902A

Small upgrade on the chest piece, after rolling the sweeping wind damage to sockets.
    I'm not giving up RoRG and it was worse than my other ring.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wow those are underwhelming. Is it just the main stats that can roll in higher ranges?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin