As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are There PAXers near Me? The Very First Forumers Attendees Map for PAX South

• DestinPsDestinPs Registered User regular
    In town already, will be driving back and forth from my Apt

• ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    My wife and I coming in from Houston/Sugar Land. The strange thing is the 3 day passes were sold out but I could buy 3, 1 day passes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Whatever but we are still going woo hoo!!

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    At some point I'm going to memorize my lat/long so I don't have to look it up every PAX....anyway submitted. Looking at taking Southwest from LaGuardia the thursday before. If anyone else is flying out of there that day let me know. I'd rather book a flight with fellow paxers than random plane folk.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Man my little dot is so lonely! Lol

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    updated! 70 non-pax spots on the map

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    A little late to the party, but I'll be driving to SA from Laredo with a few of my buddies.

uV3Kd9v.png
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I will be driving up from Corpus Christi, TX for Saturday. First time attending, very excited!

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • DJofSpartaDJofSparta Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    That's a neat feature. Guess I'm the only one flying from Detroit.

tftejEz.png
  • kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    My husband and I are driving from Tucson,aZ

YoungFrey wrote: »
    Tucson, Arizona checking in.
    Considering that several of us make it to Seattle every year, I'd be surprised if there aren't more that make it out to Texas.
    We r driving from tucson too! Which day u coming down maybe we can carpool?

map updated! 87 markers on the map, not including pax

• TephlonTephlon Registered User new member
    edited December 2014
    I've got a small crew driving from Northeast texas (Longview/Tyler Area). Happy to have a PAX within driving distance. We've attended Quakecon for over 10 years and the main reason we've been able to do so is because of how economic the trip can be. Airline tickets be expensive, yo.
    This will be our 4th PAX.

Tephlon on
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I'm flying down from Pittsburgh but moving back to New Orleans two weeks later. So I'm kinda from both places.

• DamashiiDamashii Registered User new member
    I'll be driving by my lonely self sometime Thursday from Houston. This is my first PAX and con so I hope it's a good experience.

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    My marker in STL says driving, but I've switched to flying. Got a nonstop from Southwest! Anyone else going to be getting into town Wednesday? I'd totally be down for a forumer gathering with some gaming invovled!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Flying in on Thursday from Portland, OR! Might hit up the Pre PAX board game stuff, but definitely doing the GoT pub crawl.

location! location! bees!
  • Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    zeale wrote: »
    My marker in STL says driving, but I've switched to flying. Got a nonstop from Southwest! Anyone else going to be getting into town Wednesday? I'd totally be down for a forumer gathering with some gaming invovled!

I'm flying out of STL Thursday nonstop on SW. I have to work Wed. unfortunately. I might see ya at the airport!

Bartoni33 on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    kyan22 wrote: »
    Considering that several of us make it to Seattle every year, I'd be surprised if there aren't more that make it out to Texas.
    Sadly, I'm flying (Wed), otherwise I'd be up for it.

• astang99astang99 Registered User regular
    Checking in from austin also, would be awesome to find some other people heading in from austin

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Damashii wrote: »
    I'll be driving by my lonely self sometime Thursday from Houston. This is my first PAX and con so I hope it's a good experience.
    What part of Houston?
    I am in Westchase.

• XanyaeWarpawXanyaeWarpaw Registered User regular
    Husband and I are embarking on a daring adventure by driving from Phoenix :P

• adolsonadolson Registered User regular
    Let me be the first to check in and be excited to be getting out of Lubbock, TX for a long weekend!

• Ammund_RunecAmmund_Runec Registered User regular
    Tomball, TX

James, Josh, Ashley, and Lane

• SpikeguySpikeguy Registered User regular
    I'm driving over from Lake Charles in Louisiana. Just by my lonesome. I plan to drive very late Thursday/very early Friday so I can check into my hotel and walk over to the event.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Spikeguy wrote: »
    I'm driving over from Lake Charles in Louisiana. Just by my lonesome. I plan to drive very late Thursday/very early Friday so I can check into my hotel and walk over to the event.

You can't usually check into hotels early. Usually it's after noon if you don't make arrangements (and I'm not sure it'll be possible with the hotels at such high capacity). For example, it's 3PM at the Hilton. But you can usually leave all your luggage at the desk. So as long as you don't need the room for anything you should be fine.

YoungFrey on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Spikeguy wrote: »

You can't usually check into hotels early. Usually it's after noon if you don't make arrangements (and I'm not sure it'll be possible with the hotels at such high capacity). For example, it's 3PM at the Hilton. But you can usually leave all your luggage at the desk. So as long as you don't need the room for anything you should be fine.
    The context of the original message implies that "very early" means in the 1AM to 4AM range - a "very late" Thursday night check-in, not the 8AM to 10AM "early morning" Friday check-in.

Having said that, I've never seen a hotel refuse to hold bags while a room is prepared, even when they are very busy. Especially for someone who already has a reservation waiting.

26904.png
  • NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    2 of us heading down from Wichita. Probably driving.

Five more, definitely driving.

Three more, two driving, one flying.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Flying in from Provo Utah, Thursday night. I should get there just in time to crash at the hotel for 4-5 hours, fail to sleep at all, then get up and get in line! EXCITING!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • AshTRAshTR Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Greyhound has an express bus down with reserved seating and junk for super cheap, so I'm taking that down from Dallas to San Antonio.

zEjfyle.png
  • jtbell1221jtbell1221 Registered User new member
    I'll be heading down from Fort Polk, LA late Friday. Will be the first PAX I've been too since 2011 time.

map updated!

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Toronto Canada! Never been to Texas so this is incredibly exciting!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
    edited January 2015
    Sadly, I'm flying (Wed), otherwise I'd be up for it.
    That's fine! Hope to see u there. Would love to meet other paxers from az

kyan22 on
  • HelloCthulhuHelloCthulhu Registered User new member
    I'll be taking a bus from Laredo on Friday morning :D

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    I'll be taking a bus from Laredo on Friday morning :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one from Laredoland!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • TSou119TSou119 Registered User regular
    Yoakum, Texas baby!! YT

• MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Yay! My dot is not so lonely any more! Lol two from Wichita falls are headed to pax too! Makes me happy to know we aren't the only ones from are little section of Texas going down to the big city. Lol

• TheFizz11TheFizz11 Registered User regular
    So exciting! San Antonio here, but I have lived in Oklahoma, Arizona, Japan, and Germany. So it's really awesome to see people from my old neighborhoods coming in :)

TheFizz11 wrote: »
    So exciting! San Antonio here, but I have lived in Oklahoma, Arizona, Japan, and Germany. So it's really awesome to see people from my old neighborhoods coming in :)
    Where in az did u live? I live in tucson

• TheFizz11TheFizz11 Registered User regular
    Where in az did u live? I live in tucson

Just south of you in Sierra Vista!