As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW]WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: 2015, the Year of the Elekk

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It might, but they really just need to change their goals with Fire. It always seems to be "Oh Fire is too weak, give them slightly more crit and buff Pyroblast" and "Fire is too strong, give them slightly less crit and nerf Fireball or Combustion".

What they need to do is nerf Pyroblast and buff Fireball. Frostbolt hits harder than Fireball and Ignite is supposed to make up the difference, but then you remember that Icicles scales better than Ignite does.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The haste bump sounds good, it was definitely an underperforming star. Hopefully it carries over for hunter and rogue resource generation

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Looking at the changes, Frost DKs might take off just a little bit. With the buffs to haste in general as well as the buff to Icy Talons, Haste is gonna be something like 27% better than it was before.

That's pretty huge.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    good to see they're at least making an effort to improve haste. been so bad this entire expansion for everyone except like 2 specs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Looking at the changes, Frost DKs might take off just a little bit. With the buffs to haste in general as well as the buff to Icy Talons, Haste is gonna be something like 27% better than it was before.

That's pretty huge.

Frost DK buffs? I am pleased.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Did protection paladins really need a buff?

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    The Warlock destro 'buff' is kinda funny.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Aw they nerfed Thrash hard.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wait, I just realized, with this Haste buff does it mean DW Frost might be viable again? Please let it be so. I only went 2H because DW was so much worse, but if it's on par now then I must return to my roots.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    DW is better than 2h single target even without the haste buff, according to sims

• Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Wow.

Some of these attunement changes seem crazy.

Not only was haste's value increased by 11.1% globally but protection paladins get 130% of haste from items instead of 105%? Destruction warlocks get 115% of critical strike? That seems like some huge itemization turns for those classes.

Discipline shields nerfed. That's good? I guess? Even as a Discipline Priest I think it is a good step. I'd preferred for some of our lesser used tools to get some additional prominece but I suppose this is just a bit more balanced. That's realistically like an 8-9% nerf to my overall healing though, jeez.

Corp.Shephard on
    Haste was supposed to be the paladin's attunement stat but it was one of their worst. It's inevitable it would get fixed.

I don't know why they chose haste though. I guess they figure that with more haste you're burning more GCDs and thus generating more holy power, for more ShoR uptime etc etc.

Seems like it's gone pretty far in that direction at least.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Fire Mages got the same "buff" and yes, that totally is a buff. I will gladly take an extra 10% of Critical Strike from all sources. The only difference is my Pyroblast got nerfed by 5% to compensate, but your Chaos Bolt remains unchanged, even through for you more Critical Strike directly buffs its damage.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    54.1% mastery buff you say

looks like it's time to ms some fools

Aw, the Fire changes seem to mean a 1% nerf to single target damage. But I guess it was needed to fix scaling issues to widen the gap between Crit and Mastery.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I honestly have no idea what to really make of these balance changes, though the global buff to haste is kinda nice. Maybe it will try to be useful now? I suppose putting more damage onto tanks is going to try and help them make it so every tank's dps is basically the same as a DPS, just tanks have more survivability? The pvp implications of a prot warrior without a damage debuff has me thinking about actually finishing leveling mine.

Slayer of Dreams on
    Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Fire Mages got the same "buff" and yes, that totally is a buff. I will gladly take an extra 10% of Critical Strike from all sources. The only difference is my Pyroblast got nerfed by 5% to compensate, but your Chaos Bolt remains unchanged, even through for you more Critical Strike directly buffs its damage.

It's a buff the same way a trivial increase to any other secondary stat would be. Sure, semantically it's a buff. Fine. But it's barely going to be noticeable and won't change anyone's gameplay and will barely make a difference in total damage done. It's a balance tweak when more than mere tweaks are required for almost every class at the moment.

You're awfully apologetic for pretty much every single dev decision that is ever talked about here pretty much ever. No one was even really complaining about anything, yet here we are.

No, here you are.

I was basically saying don't look a gift buff in the mouth no matter how small, because Destro got the same crit changes, and crit directly influences Chaos Bolt damage, but Pyro got a 5% nerf, which apparently overtakes the Crit change for fire and means slightly less single target damage.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Great, Thrash nerf. As if I already thought my aoe damage/threat was pretty bad.

Well, a reduction of the direct damage component anyway.

Tab target all the things hooo! :eh:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Well, there's the nerf to fire nova I knew was coming. Altogether not bad, though. At least in Highmaul, the only time it should sting is the 8 mote Tectus strat, and maybe Kargath if you're up in the stands.

No idea about the next raid, though.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I'm hearing a lot of rage about heirlooms supposedly being downgraded in level?

What's the scoop.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If they reduce the ilvl of the Garrosh heirlooms at 100, fine. I'd hate to see them take a hit during leveling though, that didn't really seem to hurt anybody.

PSN: thewheelz
    Cade wrote: »

What's the scoop.
    I believe the assumption would be that the Garrosh heirlooms would lose their level 100 scaling, since level 100 heirlooms would not be available on 6.1's launch (because Fuck you).

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Cade wrote: »

What's the scoop.

If there is rage it's morons being morons, because Blizzard hasn't said anything about that and the PTR isn't allowing character transfers yet, so there's absolutely no information about what's going to happen with those.

I think Cade is referring to the new default status of heirlooms as going from 1 to 60, and you have to use upgrade items to get them to go 90 and 100.

I think the initial purchase price is kind of steep. 700 gold for a level 60 heirloom is fine for those of us at max level with multiple alts gold farming with garrison missions, but for an actual fresh 60, that blows.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    well, they aren't really intended for new players

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    I think Cade is referring to the new default status of heirlooms as going from 1 to 60, and you have to use upgrade items to get them to go 90 and 100.

Sure, but that doesn't say anything about how existing 1-80, 1-85, and 1-100 heirlooms will be incorporated into the new system.
    Dac wrote: »
    I think the initial purchase price is kind of steep. 700 gold for a level 60 heirloom is fine for those of us at max level with multiple alts gold farming with garrison missions, but for an actual fresh 60, that blows.

I think that's pretty much the point? Heirlooms aren't for brand-new players.

Speaking as someone with only a single 100 who hadn't played since TBC, 700g isn't even that much for me.

Imo, once you clear those thresholds (60, 85, 100) it should then be easier for your alts to reach the same. Otherwise I see little purpose in even having those separate tiers if they're only intended to be purchased at max.

I had a level 64 I leveled a bit before Wrath's release that had around 2k gold and I'm pretty sure I spent his money poorly, so I would say that's manageable.

edited January 2015
    admanb wrote: »

Sure, but that doesn't say anything about how existing 1-80, 1-85, and 1-100 heirlooms will be incorporated into the new system.

There aren't any existing 1 to 100 Heirlooms.

I'm sure the 90 to 100 Heirloom weapons from Garrosh will remain unchanged as to the levels they range from.

All of the heirlooms in our bags will probably be reset to go to 60. That just seems like the easiest way to do it.

I guess there's a small chance, that any heirlooms that were upgraded with Justice Points to go to 85, will get a freebie upgrade and if you have one of those it'll be 1 to 90 instead, but I doubt it.

Viskod on
    admanb wrote: »

There aren't any existing 1 to 100 Heirlooms.

I'm sure the 90 to 100 Heirloom weapons from Garrosh will remain unchanged as to the levels they range from.

All of the heirlooms in our bags will probably be reset to go to 60. That just seems like the easiest way to do it.

I guess there's a small chance, that any heirlooms that were upgraded with Justice Points to go to 85, will get a freebie upgrade and if you have one of those it'll be 1 to 90 instead, but I doubt it.

According to Wowhead it's going to start at 60, upgrade to 85, and then a further upgrade to 100.

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    If Blizzard was smart, the heirlooms wouldn't reset to 60, but make the current level 80 versions the new level 85 versions, and the current level 85 versions the new level 90 versions. That'd gracefully dodge all the complaints people could throw at it.

But I never trust Blizzard to always do the smart thing.

SomeWarlock on
    Hopefully it acts the same way as the Toy Box, where doubles of the items stay in your inventory. I've actually got lots of doubles/triples, and some of them you can vendor for gold.

Javen wrote: »
    Hopefully it acts the same way as the Toy Box, where doubles of the items stay in your inventory. I've actually got lots of doubles/triples, and some of them you can vendor for gold.

I hate the ones that don't have a gold price. Let me sell off the extras!

MuddBudd wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

I hate the ones that don't have a gold price. Let me sell off the extras!

I'm hoping that, with the removal of Justice points its appropriate heirloom vendor, that gold will be the new de facto method for purchasing. So that with 6.1, you WILL be able to vendor the extras. That's my hope, anyway

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    With insta-90 a purchasable option, now, I'm not heartbroken on the Heirloom reset. I mean, it sucks, but it's not the end of things. Any info on what's involved for the upgrades? Just gold? Savage Bloods?

Based on the PTR, it's all just gold.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maintenance extended to 1 PM PST.

Heirloom Specific upgrade tokens. I think you may be able to buy the first one with gold as well, but I don't know how you get the one that upgrades them to go to 100.

I'm *hoping* that like, you'll use these tokens to upgrade the Heirlooms within the tab itself, instead of having to use them on every heirloom you pull out of the tab.

Like if someone was going to bring out two weapons for a dual wielder, they would need 4 tokens to upgrade both to go to 100, instead of just upgrading the weapons status itself, in the tab, and creating a 1 to 100 heirloom from it.

This discussion has been closed.