As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT H: RESULTS

1234568»

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Bigby can't be killed. No one in this fight could kill him, and that's including the Hulk eating him and shitting him out.

Doesn't mean you can't just shoot him a couple hundred times and call it a day for the tournament. How long did it take Goldilocks? Couple of weeks/months?

No, popular fables are just much more difficult to kill. They can survive theoretically survivable injuries, but if Hulk were to get his hands on Bigby, Bigby would die. Bigby is still susceptible to all the classic hollywood werewolf weaknesses, meaning fire and silver.

And, you know, getting ripped to pieces and turned into clothing. That would certainly kill him.

The three little pigs were killed. They had to be replaced. They're incredibly popular. So Bigby can be killed.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Ambrose Chase can use his field to mess up the organs of the other opponents, killing them outright or at the very least fucking with their brains on a major level.

I'd say that's a pretty fantastic offensive power. That, along with no one being able to touch him because they can't move at lightspeed might just give him a little bit of an edge.
    Okay so theoretically the minute the match starts he could make Hulks'(Although he might recover), Bigbys' and Cables organs explode. And he moves at lightspeed?

How the hell was he let into this tournament? He might win this round but I'd much rather have a better future round with good debate as opposed to 'olol chase', so I'm voting for Hulk and Bigby.....maybe Cable in lieu of the wolf I haven't decided yet.

He doesn't move at lightspeed, you'd just have to move at lightspeed to get to him.
    So basically only the versions of Flashes that are not in the thread(Read: Not Jay Garrick) could touch him?

Lame.

Superman and Martian Manhunter.
    Can go very fast but not Lightspeed.

Superman has gone lightspeed.

MM is as fast as Superman, I think.

In any event, whatever speed superman is going at in Planetary JLA: Terra Oculta.
    Superman's only hit lightspeed when the Flash was loaning him speed, I thought. Also, Chase seems to only turn his powers on for certain effects and then turns them off again. Snow even had to tell him to keep screwing with the Invisible Woman analog. So you could hit him before he gets the field up, either by moving fast enough or hitting him by surprise.

Snow didn't have to tell him, he was just making sure.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Ambrose Chase can use his field to mess up the organs of the other opponents, killing them outright or at the very least fucking with their brains on a major level.

I'd say that's a pretty fantastic offensive power. That, along with no one being able to touch him because they can't move at lightspeed might just give him a little bit of an edge.
    Okay so theoretically the minute the match starts he could make Hulks'(Although he might recover), Bigbys' and Cables organs explode. And he moves at lightspeed?

How the hell was he let into this tournament? He might win this round but I'd much rather have a better future round with good debate as opposed to 'olol chase', so I'm voting for Hulk and Bigby.....maybe Cable in lieu of the wolf I haven't decided yet.

He doesn't move at lightspeed, you'd just have to move at lightspeed to get to him.
    So basically only the versions of Flashes that are not in the thread(Read: Not Jay Garrick) could touch him?

Lame.

In any event, whatever speed superman is going at in Planetary JLA: Terra Oculta.
    Superman's only hit lightspeed when the Flash was loaning him speed, I thought. Also, Chase seems to only turn his powers on for certain effects and then turns them off again. Snow even had to tell him to keep screwing with the Invisible Woman analog. So you could hit him before he gets the field up, either by moving fast enough or hitting him by surprise.

Didn't he hit lightspeed to catch up with Superboy Prime?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Lame.

I remeber SPB specifically saying that he couldn't go fast enough to put him back into the Speed Force, which I think you have to at least go to Lightspeed to enter.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I thought you hit the speed force by going faster than lightspeed, which only the Flashes are capable of. Is there a specific multiple of the speed of light that you have to hit to enter the speed force?

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Bigby can't be killed. No one in this fight could kill him, and that's including the Hulk eating him and shitting him out.

Doesn't mean you can't just shoot him a couple hundred times and call it a day for the tournament. How long did it take Goldilocks? Couple of weeks/months?

No, popular fables are just much more difficult to kill. They can survive theoretically survivable injuries, but if Hulk were to get his hands on Bigby, Bigby would die. Bigby is still susceptible to all the classic hollywood werewolf weaknesses, meaning fire and silver.

And, you know, getting ripped to pieces and turned into clothing. That would certainly kill him.

The three little pigs were killed. They had to be replaced. They're incredibly popular. So Bigby can be killed.

I guess it does vary. Goldilocks survived a lot more than she really had any right to, while Gretel got killed by being hit a bit too hard. Anyways, I'd put Bigby up at the high end of hard-to-kill Fables.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Lame.

I remeber SPB specifically saying that he couldn't go fast enough to put him back into the Speed Force, which I think you have to at least go to Lightspeed to enter.

Sound Barrier < Light Barrier < Time Barrier < Speed Barrier.

You have to pass the speed barrier to enter the force.

SPB said he was going to hit Oa at lightspeed to restart the universe.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    But he was slowed down by the GL corps long enough for the Supermen to catch up to him, right? I admit, by that point in Infinite Crisis I barely cared enough to finish the book, so I'm probably remembering wrong.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It doesn't make sense anyways. Even at lightspeed it would take thousands of years to fly to Oa I would imagine.

Scooter on
  • Options
    TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    I can't tell what Cable's power level is supposed to be.

In one issue, Domino's able to get behind his shield and hold a gun to his head.

In another, he's containing a nuclear explosion.
    He considers Domino a friend though. It's likely that he didn't think he'd need the force field up when she was around.

Tofenheimer on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Actually, I think Cable allowed Domino to get behind him because he trusted her to do the right thing. I could be remembering that wrong though.

Munch on
  • Options
    TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Actually, I think Cable allowed Domino to get behind him because he trusted her to do the right thing. I could be remembering that wrong though.
    This sounds more true than what I wrote. Listen to him instead.

Tofenheimer on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

YES

like in fables where the [spoiler:00202604b0]baby bear was killed in the farm revolution, but then mama bear got pregnant again right away[/spoiler:00202604b0]

basically you can kill bigby, but another version of him will eventually turn up somehow.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I am fucking pumped that Bigby made it through!

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Wait, what is this bullshit? Can't Ambrose fuck with time. I heard Ambrose can fuck with time.

How does Hulk smash someone who can fuck with time?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    he used the metric system

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dammit. So much for Ambrose. Time to read everyone's explanations for his defeat. :(

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Dammit. So much for Ambrose. Time to read everyone's explanations for his defeat. :(

"I don't think he can win because I have no idea who he is and I can't be bothered to read any description of him."

is the most common one.

second most common:

"Hey he got shot so of course cable will shoot him."

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    The reason he was shot was because [spoiler:6763e31664]that entire reality was conspiring against him.

"The black guy always dies in science fiction movies."[/spoiler:6763e31664]

(or some facsimile thereof)

sigh

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yes, that was mentioned several times in the thread. What about the fact that he can only affect things he can see (why he didn't go after the Invisible Woman facsimile until they took her goggles), or the fact that the field isn't kept on constantly, but he appears to turn it on when he needs to? Or the fact that if he doesn't have enough time (not his relative time, but the time relative to an observer) he can't prevent himself from falling to his death, or being crushed against a wall?

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    NO HE HAS PHYSICS POWERS THAT MAKE HIM UNSTOPPABLE EXCEPT FOR THE TWO TIMES HE'S BEEN STOPPED

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    NO HE HAS PHYSICS POWERS THAT MAKE HIM UNSTOPPABLE EXCEPT FOR THE TWO TIMES HE'S BEEN STOPPED

Stopped in ways none of the people here could have stopped him.

Brilliant argument.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Servo wrote:

Brilliant argument.

wasn't one of the times when someone pushed him into a hole?

sounds pretty hard!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Servo wrote:

Brilliant argument.

wasn't one of the times when someone pushed him into a hole?

sounds pretty hard!

By Superman, yeah, who moved at an insane speed.

So yeah, it's pretty hard, seeing as no-one else in this match but Ambrose can even concieve of the speeds that happened at.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    b...but the hulk!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    There's still the pretty simple weakness that he can't stop a bullet he doesn't see coming.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    There's still the pretty simple weakness that he can't stop a bullet he doesn't see coming.

You don't see bullets coming.

But he still stops them.

He doesn't have to see what he wants to affect, he just has to decide to affect a certain area where he thinks something is. He doesn't affect objects unless he specifically wants to, he affects the space the objects inhabit.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    but a bullet could still totally kill him if he didn't have his field on

like if he thought he was alone but someone was in the shadows, say

edit- this is a question? not a statement.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Well, yes.

But I don't see that as being very likely in the event of a fight he knows is coming and has time to prepare for, however short.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    why not?

a lot of other fights have had 'jumping a guy from the shadows' as a pretty viable strategy

he couldn't have the field on all the time because i'm sure he'd get bored with a fight that took days to finish for him

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Body slide by one, kapow... bullet to the back of the head.

But again, Planetary fucks and their insane powers... I really have to pick those books up...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    hey, is/was jakita in the fight and i missed it?

edit- looks like yes she was

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    hey, is/was jakita in the fight and i missed it?

edit- looks like yes she was

And she lost to cloak

what the fuck

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    i don't think i've ever read a comic with cloak in it where he didn't get his ass kicked

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    That guy needs some training, and he would be damn near A-level on the whoopass chart.

DouglasDanger on