As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Is it too late to change the thread title?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Color is relative, though. Yes they used dark blue paint but in the context of the scene, his cape is black and lit by a bright light.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I know TAS is considered part of the DCAU

But I still like htinking of it as a standalone thing where Batman is just as the center for all craziness in the universe

Also I really prefer the series pre-redesign

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yeah New Batman Adventures was all black and grey, no yellow oval

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That's a black cape dude

Its shaded/lit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Also as I was reading Ms. Marvel I wondered how her family would react if they knew everything she was trying to do. Coping with her new powers, saving lives, staying true to herself in her own way

I thought they'd ultimately be proud if she really tried to communicate it

Then I realized she's Peter Parker

Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel, is the new Spider-Man

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It's a blue-black

You know because all black is actually coloured

Theoretically there is black-black but practically all blacks are really dark tones of red or blue or whatever

and thus they highlighted it blue because it is a blue-black

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This is all-black:

03.gif

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    This is all-black:

page-haka-2.jpg

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Incidentally if you are painting a model then using a blue wash on a red base comes out very nicely

• Options
    Yes, those are definitely black uniforms

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    This is all-black:

MOCSyeb.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Yes, those are definitely black uniforms

grey-black

Solar on
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    This is all-black:

MOCSyeb.jpg

purplish-black

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    $_35.JPG

sig.gif
  • Options
    At least people here can recognise shades of black

you know the troubles we have had with colour recognition in the past...

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    This is all-black:

MOCSyeb.jpg

@Grey Ghost

• Options
    You know what would be cool

if whenever they used All-Black the Necrosword in the future they used the darkest digital black they possibly can, you know literally make it a void on the page with as close to zero other pigments as they can

That'd look wicked

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SLICER OF WORLDS
    THE ANNIHIBLADE

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I also like pre-redesign Bruce's Brown and Cream suit. Has a bit more personality than a black one.

JUgYd.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    SLICER OF WORLDS
    THE ANNIHIBLADE

I loved it when ancient Galactus recognised it

"used to carve the first dawn from the stones of endless night"

so fucking metal

Solar on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    stdvxoqj8gyyj3zcbsnq.jpg
    sndy0uxsycvfy9hjnzwq.jpg

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    One day Thor will dual wield All-Black the Necrosword and the Ragnarok, Named For The End Of All Things in a fight against Surtur, Lord of the Fire Demons wielding Twilight, The Sword of Doom and across the world thousands of black vans will spontaneously become airbrushed with that scene

Solar on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    One day Thor will dual wield All-Black the Necrosword and the Ragnarok, Named For The End Of All Things in a fight against Surtur, Lord of the Fire Demons wielding Twilight, The Sword of Doom and across the world thousands of black vans will spontaneously become airbrushed with that scene

I actually described Thor: God of Thunder to a friend as "every page, every single panel, would look amazing airbrushed on the side of a van"

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

and on that day shall I purchase a van

• Options
    Dustin Weaver's interlocking covers for Avengers #44 and New Avengers #33, the final issues of those series
    AVENG-NEWAVN-WeaverCovers_col.jpg

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    When I think of things that DC does better than Marvel recently, the DCAU's on the top of my list. Maybe even the only thing on my list.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I also like pre-redesign Bruce's Brown and Cream suit. Has a bit more personality than a black one.

JUgYd.jpg

I hate this suit

It made Bruce look like a chartered accountant

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I always liked how BTAS sort of split the difference and had his cape be such a dark blue that it shifted between that and black depending on the lighting

I don't know if i've seen that sort of color scheme in comics though

The only time Batman's cape was blue on the DCAU was in the bit making fun of silver-age Batman cartoons.

batman-characters-created-for-tv-and-film-20111201023123540-000.jpg

Bzzt, wrong.

I got downright giddy when old Bruce walks out in the Grey Ghost costume in Batman Beyond.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    This is all black:

140714-vantablack-330p_7af02140a4d5031cca880deed3dcb4d3.jpg

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    In celebration I finally bought Afterlife with Archie Vol. 1

Oh!

Thank you for reminding me this existed. I got a amazon gift card and was trying to figure out what to get

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Speaking of Afterlife, I spotted this cover in the checkout line, and got a chuckle

Archie%2B-%2BJughead%2BAs%2BZomibe.JPG

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Also as I was reading Ms. Marvel I wondered how her family would react if they knew everything she was trying to do. Coping with her new powers, saving lives, staying true to herself in her own way

She's the latest in a long line of Peter Parkers. Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar, Speedball, Darkhawk, Gravity, Ultimate Peter Parker, Miles Morales, and Nova (Sam Alexander).

Hopefully she'll be treated better than most of those guys though.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    You know what would be cool

if whenever they used All-Black the Necrosword in the future they used the darkest digital black they possibly can, you know literally make it a void on the page with as close to zero other pigments as they can

That'd look wicked

If they lightened all the other black areas, including text and speech bubbles, so that they were just slightly lighter than the sword itself, that could really make it look great.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

She's the latest in a long line of Peter Parkers. Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar, Speedball, Darkhawk, Gravity, Ultimate Peter Parker, Miles Morales, and Nova (Sam Alexander).

Hopefully she'll be treated better than most of those guys though.

And Jamie Reyes!

I know it's DC but it's still insane how badly they fucked that up.

• Options
    Man

Jamie Reyes was huge

He was the next fucking thing

Kids LOVED him on that batman cartoon

They fucked that up so bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I also hate that dcKNOWS they have something with terry but they can't execute

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    what did they ever do with him? I remember people thought blue beetle was gonna be their next big deal and then I kinda stopped paying attention

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Dustin Weaver's interlocking covers for Avengers #44 and New Avengers #33, the final issues of those series
    AVENG-NEWAVN-WeaverCovers_col.jpg
    You know, I never really thought of it before but I wonder what's the other Earth that's gonna be part of the final Incursion gonna be about. A familiar alternate reality or something completely new?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    I always liked how BTAS sort of split the difference and had his cape be such a dark blue that it shifted between that and black depending on the lighting

I don't know if i've seen that sort of color scheme in comics though

The only time Batman's cape was blue on the DCAU was in the bit making fun of silver-age Batman cartoons.

batman-characters-created-for-tv-and-film-20111201023123540-000.jpg

Bzzt, wrong.

I got downright giddy when old Bruce walks out in the Grey Ghost costume in Batman Beyond.

God, Grey Ghost! There's another DCAU character the comics could do awesome stuff with. Like, instead of a TV character, have him be a real costumed vigilante who fought alongside the JSA during the Golden Age! He could be buds with Wildcat and Dr. Mid-nite! Why isn't this a thing!?

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    what did they ever do with him? I remember people thought blue beetle was gonna be their next big deal and then I kinda stopped paying attention

He was in brave and the bold and was massively popular with kids

they squandered it fairly quickly

This discussion has been closed.