As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    My favorites are 2 and 3 (about even with one another) then 1, then 4

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I like #3 and I would like it even more in a 24oz size!

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Really liking #4

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    # 3 is a bad ass stein. If it ends up that one I may actually jump back in again. Neat. The stein from 2? years ago looks a bit like if you combined 2 and 4 imo

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    #3 by far the best, #4 is cool, def would be interested in the taller steins too!

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I believe #4 is the same style as before. I can attest to it being VERY sturdy :)
    I vote #4 so I can make a matching set!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Not voting, just adding info: #4 is the closest to the previous run, though the handle didn't have the thumb rest. They were 16oz.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    My preference is for #3 first, then #4 as a second choice. Thanks!

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Throwing my vote in for #3

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    #3 is wicked nice, and my favorite by far. After that, I'd probably say 2, 4, then 1.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    #3 is my favorite, followed by 2, 4, 1 in that order. I really like the thumb grip but I'm not a huge fan of the star-cut bottom, which I think is reflected in my rankings. I think I'd prefer the 16oz size over bigger or smaller than that.

revengeanceful on
  • Options
    z silver1984z silver1984 Geek Dad Newport MaineRegistered User regular
    I love #3 would be even better in a 24oz size!

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    I like 3 the best. It's not a style i have in my collection.

• Options
    Casa de CarneCasa de Carne Registered User new member
    #3 24oz.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I'm going to narrow down the choices based on what people have said and also introduce the larger sizes, since some have inquired. I'm going to include measurements so that you can get a better idea of sizing.

I hope to have a new set of voting by the end of this week.

Also, thanks for your patience. Like I said earlier: I'm pretty swamped at work.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Because of the differences in size, I tried to adjust the images so that you could get a better idea of the size and shapes. NOTE: These are not 100% to scale. I just eyed it out based on the measurements provided to me by the site. I probably don't have everything proportional. Please make note of the dimensions listed under each option.

Here is the new Tankard Voting Form!
    To explain the points on the form, your first choice gets 3 points, second is 2, third is 1. Most total points wins. I figure that is the best way to get the most agreed upon selection.

NOTE: The Option numbers have changed below from what they were before.

220a0cg52vy9.jpg

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Holy carp! PAX East is not far away. I need to step up and get things moving!

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    OMG I love #4. Vote in. It will be HUGE but I like that shape best.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    #4 by far the best. #5 & #3 the next best in that order.

• Options
    Aaand just realized you have a voting form!

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Not gonna lie, my first thought on seeing the dimensions of #1 and #2 is to wonder if there's some time lord technology at work here.
    I am not up to date on the latest in beverage containment technology.. or really, beverage containment technology as a whole.
    All I know is that you never, ever shut down the protection grid on your ghost containment unit.

• Options
    Options 1-4-3 in that order

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I'm torn between 1 and 2....but leaning more towards 1

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Vote submitted. #4 is my top choice by far. Who wants a tankard when you could have a TANKard?!

JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Full disclosure from someone with a lot of experience with fatty mugs (the 25oz. beast that's option 4) - your wrist will not like you if you hold this in a traditional fashion of gripping the handle like a coffee mug. You'll need to wrap your hand around the mug itself, and put the top of the handle on the fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and index finger. Of course, this pertained to my days in a bar, when I would be holding the mug for the majority of the time rather than having it sit on a table or something. Just.. fair warning :)

Still voting for it ;)

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Voted! As much as I like the design of #4, it's just way bigger than I want/need.

• Options
    GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Great job on this! Such tough decisions though!!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Just so that everyone is aware, Option 4 is also the most expensive of the options: if 54 were purchased, it would be $15.50 per glass. Now if we could get 72 units sold, it'd be knocked down to about $11.25

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Would you all be interested in seeing videos (if available) of the mugs above to get a real-life view?

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I voted for #4...it's bigger than I need, but it really stands out, it's impressive!

• Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    I voted for #3

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Option 4 is AWESOME!!!! 5 comes in as a kewl second. If either one of these tankards are chosen as the winner, you can count me in to purchase one 8-)

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Would you all be interested in seeing videos (if available) of the mugs above to get a real-life view?

Me personally, I'm good. You gave all the dimensions and a size comparison between them.

For the record folks, a US Pint is 16 ounces (473ml), and imperial pint 19 ounces (561ml)

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    @LexiconGrrl‌ Did you get all of the steins delivered separately or did you just have everyone meet at Prime and hand them out there?

I set up pickup times / places at prime and had to borrow a wagon from my neighbor to haul them all around. It was pretty labor intensive. Also, at the end of the con, there were always glasses left over from people who didn't pick up. Some forgot and contacted me later, and I mailed them out. Others just didn't pick up.

Re: dishwashing - Punzie and I both used customglassware.com and were happy with the durability. On the Prime ones, the printing was goofy (offset didn't match up) on probably 1 out of every 40 glasses, so I ordered a few extra (as they recommended on their website).

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    With 40 responses (similar to the interest form in the beginning), I'm going to close voting by the end of business (EST) tomorrow and post the results just after.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Here is my thinking on the remaining timeline (this is not official, but pretty close):

Jan. 16th: Voting ends
    Jan. 16th - 28th: Interested in Ordering Form*
    Jan. 28th - Feb. 8th: Submit Payments via GoFundMe**
    Feb. 9th: Order officially submitted
    Feb. 20th: Order should arrive in Boston***

*This form will be a used to determine how many units total will be ordered, which will determine the price per unit. I really need everyone who is interested to create a submission; I'll put up estimated costs based on quantities so you know what to expect.

**The order cannot be placed until the funds are collected; we're talking $600-$850 that have to be submitted to the vendor prior to order fulfillment. This window provides two Friday, which should help most people receive a payday during this period.

***There is a 7-10 business day period for the creation, packaging, and delivery. This will provide me with 2 weeks to get any errors corrected, should there be any (e.g., broken units). Once they arrive, I'll upload a picture of our little drinking buddies.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    OFFICIAL RESULTS!!!

After 47 votes, we have an official winner. And it's not just a winner, it was a landslide. Fellow PAXers of the forums, I present you with your official PAX 2015 Community Forum Stein: (spoiled for dramatic effect)
    jtt9dy1muyq2.png

Below are the official results, including the table and how the numbers were calculated, spoiled for size:
    9is43ckwx5wu.jpg
    bvg1jjqbb2rw.jpg

Within the next many hours, I intend to have the Interest in Ordering form available for all to begin filling out. That form will be used to determine the pricing structure; the more units ordered, the cheaper per unit it will be. Below is the cost breakdown:
    p8ce9uf3dag5.jpg
    As you can see, 74 is the magic number. If we hit that, It's a big drop in price. But the first big drop is hitting 36. Just to let you know, there is a setup fee of $200 (normally $50, but we're doing multiple colors).

As with what LexiconGrrl did in the past, any monetary surplus is going to get donated to Child's Play; I really like that idea.

Thank you all for participating in the voting.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I can't wait for these!!! I really love the design.

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    wOOt!! My first choice is the winner!! It's a guarantee that I will be ordering more than just 1 :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good Saturday to you all! I present you with the PAX 2015 Community Stein: Intent to Purchase form. This is not for placing an order, but rather to get the numbers together for the final order. The final results of this form will determine the cost per unit, as outlined below:
    p8ce9uf3dag5.jpg

While it is not your official order (and you are more than welcome to change the quantity later on), please try to be accurate with the number you place. If you are buying more than 15 (I don't know, maybe you really like steins, which is totally cool), just send me a PM in the forums and I'll make the change in the final results.

PLEASE NOTE: Along with the pricing above, GoFundMe has charges as well which are 7.9% + $0.30 per donation for the US/Canada.

Le_Goat on