As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South Cosplay!

• Options
    PvPCosplayPvPCosplay LouisianaRegistered User regular
    Almost done with Chromie from World of Warcraft. Still some work to do in the staff and a few details but it should definitely be done in time! I would love to find a photographer to shoot with if anyone is interested in shooting either Friday or Saturday!

-snip photos to make is shorter!-

I can not wait to see your Chromie! I will be a Draenei Paladin in Judgement Recolor on saturday with Kio as Yrel.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Got my bucket finished! Well I should say my husband got my bucket finished. He has been a huge help with my costume. :)

Midan on
  • Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    PvPCosplay wrote: »
    Almost done with Chromie from World of Warcraft. Still some work to do in the staff and a few details but it should definitely be done in time! I would love to find a photographer to shoot with if anyone is interested in shooting either Friday or Saturday!

-snip photos to make is shorter!-

I can not wait to see your Chromie! I will be a Draenei Paladin in Judgement Recolor on saturday with Kio as Yrel.

Ahhh we totally need to team up for photos! I can't wait to see your costumes!

• Options
    momotheflyinglemurmomotheflyinglemur Registered User new member
    I will be cosplaying as Yue from Avatar: The Last Airbender! I am really excited. I have been working on the dress since I was confirmed to be going! I can't wait!

• Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I'm doing a Daenerys costume for the bar crawl and am contemplating wearing it for one day of PAX, but I've never cosplayed so I will probably chicken out.

• Options
    Lucky1911Lucky1911 Registered User new member
    Hey everyone..I'm little late to the party..im excited for pax south ..this is my first one ...I'm thinking about Cosplaying as a DayZ Survivor as I have most of the gear for it

• Options
    Swae wrote: »
    I'm doing a Daenerys costume for the bar crawl and am contemplating wearing it for one day of PAX, but I've never cosplayed so I will probably chicken out.

Do it! You'll have so much fun!

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Swae wrote: »
    The first cosplay I ever did was Nightwing, using a dancer's unitard as a base. I was super nervous about modesty issues wearing nothing but a modified skin-tight bodysuit, combat boots, and a mask (I'm a dude by the way) but I gotta admit after wearing for about 15 minutes I got used to it and pretty much ALL of the feedback I got was amazing and confidence building. Honestly, the hardest part is stepping outside your hotel room and walking to the show floor feeling like a complete idiot. As soon as you hit the con floor, that all vanishes. It's so much fun!!!

(And for what it's worth, teaching yourself to sew with spandex as your first project is not recommended.)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I wont be cosplaying, but I will have my one year olds dressed up. Heroes one day
    hx9dnmo4meyq.jpg
    Villains the next (Catwoman & Poison Ivy)
    t9jq7heus059.jpg

OpSteel on
  • Options
    yoobingsooyoobingsoo Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if there will be lockers or some sort of place to store our stuff? I'm cosplaying and will be carrying around a sword and shield so it would be a bit cumbersome to carry around a backpack as well.

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    I'll be there again with my Stig outfit. Will try to wear it more than one day though this time.

• Options
    yoobingsoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be lockers or some sort of place to store our stuff? I'm cosplaying and will be carrying around a sword and shield so it would be a bit cumbersome to carry around a backpack as well.
    There are usually bag checks.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There are bag/coat checks at East, but not Prime. I was told this morning that there will be a bag/coat check at South, but I have no details on what that will look like exactly.

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    debating if it will be worth wearing my Eren Jager cosplay. Maybe sunday... Friday I think ima do casual. Still tryng to find a wig to be David Young, I feel like without a wig itd be pointless to do

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    There are bag/coat checks at East, but not Prime. I was told this morning that there will be a bag/coat check at South, but I have no details on what that will look like exactly.

Can't clarify what they will look like, but they are going to be down on the 0 level floor, right below bandland.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    Where on Earth is Bandland?? I've looked at the guidebook app a few times and haven't found it on the map.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    CyberFey wrote: »
    Where on Earth is Bandland?? I've looked at the guidebook app a few times and haven't found it on the map.

Its the Guitar icon in the center of the map right next to the Main Theatre Queue. 1st floor.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    Thank you!! A lot of the artists that I want to see have said that's where they would be, but I couldn't find it on the map. Thanks much!

• Options
    VindiBirchVindiBirch Registered User new member
    This is my first time going to an out of state con and I'm super excited to see what the cosplay scene is like in Texas! I'm a seasoned plus-size cosplayer from NorCal looking to meet new people in the cosplay community. (AKA, I'm not gonna know anyone there! Eeeek!) If everything goes according to plan I should have three cosplays that I'm bringing with me to PAX South: Duct Tape Zelda, Sackboy (dressed up as I dunno who yet) and Fem Peppermint Butler. Excitement! :biggrin:

• Options
    NovaAlamakNovaAlamak Registered User new member
    I'll be going as Ravio from A Link Between Worlds. My friend might go as a matching Link. Also, first-time poster/PAX South-er/game convention attendee (I've gone to some anime conventions though). Is there a place cosplayers are planning on gathering or are we just among the throng?

• Options
    ChocorokoChocoroko ZU Video Editor Denton, TXRegistered User regular
    I might bring out my Kafei cosplay again for this con. Didnt have enough time to make a new one, and going as Kafei will be good. Especially since Majora's Mask 3D isn't far away. :D

• Options
    Tigre_RoaringTigre_Roaring Greater South Houston areaRegistered User regular
    I might do a Tex-Mex Snorlax in honor of South being in San Anton.

Gonna be there all 3 days!

• Options
    BanannerBananner Registered User regular
    If someone isn't the Poe Collector imma cry.

• Options
    vman401vman401 Registered User regular
    My wife and I will be Toadette and Capt' Toad. I'm really excited to see all the cosplay. People go all out for Alamo City Comic Con.

• Options
    I have a question, apparently BioWare is hosting a cosplay parade Saturday? For like everyone?
    (Cause parading around would be pretty awesome, ngl)

• Options
    cyceratopscyceratops Registered User new member
    I've wanted to get into cosplay for years. PAX is my favorite con, so it seemed like a good time to go for it. My friend and I are doing a Gamora and Star-Lord cosplay-- poor dear will be green for a week, I'm sure. ;) Looking forward to seeing everyone! Is there a cosplayer meetup planned? I would love to pick the brains of the more seasoned cosplayers.

• Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    I'll be there with my 10th Doctor cosplay all weekend. Can't wait to meet you all :biggrin:

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    inatsponginatspong Registered User new member
    So I've kind of developed a reputation around Texas cons as a guy who does wrestling cosplay. I was Bray Wyatt at San Japan and Anime Fest last year, and I plan to bring that one back for PAX. To keep with the Wyatt Family theme, I'm going to add Luke Harper to the mix on Sunday.

• Options
    Raziel_pm wrote: »
    I'll be there with my 10th Doctor cosplay all weekend. Can't wait to meet you all :biggrin:
    Hey I know this guy :-p

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    I have a question, apparently BioWare is hosting a cosplay parade Saturday? For like everyone?

I hadn't heard that but I would love more information.

• Options

I hadn't heard that but I would love more information.

Bioware has their own schedule for the weekend and a Parade is on it.
    I will for sure be doing my eren jager cosplay saturday now

• Options
    ChocorokoChocoroko ZU Video Editor Denton, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh a cosplay parade sounds exciting. If I get more details I'd love to join in.

• Options
    emeraldboyemeraldboy Registered User new member
    My first con. Going all Skyrim on Saturday with me as M'aiq the Liar and my friend as Frea the Nord from the Skaal village. Looking forward to seeing everyone's costumes!

• Options
    http://blog.bioware.com/2015/01/19/bioware-at-pax-south/

4:30pm-6pm Saturday is their parade

• Options
    IDFlover11IDFlover11 Registered User new member
    I'm going as a IDF from CSGO, but my costume is not finished.. And I am using some replacement items like the vest lol, but the outfit is 83% done so I'm going for I XD, sad though.. I'm gonna see if I can bring my m4a4 stattrak assiimov lol.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the parade! I've never done cosplay before so I think it will be fun to get to show it off like that. (Cause it is hard work making a costume! Even a easy one! Lol)

• Options
    Packing was like a puzzle fitting all my armor and collapsing my staff to fit in my bag. If it somehow doesn't arrive, I will sob. See you crazy cats on the con floor!

• Options
    vman401vman401 Registered User regular
    That parade sounds awesome! The city will love it.

• Options
    OshioOshio Registered User new member
    I'm gonna go as Naked Snake from MetalGearSolid 3. zleveu0r6u14.jpg

• Options
    So I seriously have a handful of things to finish today before leaving. Like just a handful that won't take but maybe an hour with out our dreadful friend: Procrastination.
    -Finish the belt (Painting and buckle)
    -Sew on the Silver where the green is
    -Add the papers that dangle
    -Take in the banner hanging there in about an inch on each side.
    133i04ttj9ew.jpg