As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Is it too late to change the thread title?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I heard a rumor that Marvel was planning to kill all the mutants to deny Fox free advertising.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I haven't actually heard that rumor, but I will keep saying it hoping someone runs with it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I heard that the Fantastic Four are being replaced with Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Hulk and a new original Inhuman character named Stabclaw

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Sounds legit to me

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I just had my local shop pull a copy of Star Wars #1 into my file but I really don't know why I did. I just felt like I wanted to give it a chance, even though I've generally disliked it every time I've read a SW comic/book.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Original characters Hell-Driver, Arachnid, The Golem, and DangerClaw

Hell-Driver is a pretty fuckin boss name

CYpGAPn.png
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I heard that the Fantastic Four are being replaced with the Terrific Trio from Batman Beyond in a stunning DC/Marvel (WB/Disney) trade off.

They've signed on with Astrobase Go to use the Impossible family instead.

Matthew Vaughn saw the F4 reboot and says it is really similar to Chronicle, Trank's other film.

I love Chronicle

But goddammit that is the worst possible tone for an F4 movie and basically confirms all of the fears that the leaks and interviews produced

CYpGAPn.png
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Hell-Driver is a pretty fuckin boss name

For a Tarantino zombie sequel to Kill Bill.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't want to see a body horror version of Mr. Fantastic

why would anyone want to see that

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I might be into that

But I like body horror a lot more than I like the Fantastic Four

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    We've had very responsible, even if he makes mistakes, sober, heroic Tony for almost 30 years now, barring the Civil War debacle.

I don't know if I'd go that far; if there's any superhero who's consistently characterized by a borderline-narcissistic self-righteousness, it's Tony Stark. Civil War was only really outstanding among his arrogant fuckups in that people actually got killed because of it.

And calling him "sober", uh, well, phrasing?

Straightzi wrote: »

I might be into that

But I like body horror a lot more than I like the Fantastic Four
    This hurts me

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean, the F4 are a high scale, cosmic-ish superhero team

I don't like any of those

gtrmp wrote: »
    We've had very responsible, even if he makes mistakes, sober, heroic Tony for almost 30 years now, barring the Civil War debacle.

I don't know if I'd go that far; if there's any superhero who's consistently characterized by a borderline-narcissistic self-righteousness, it's Tony Stark. Civil War was only really outstanding among his arrogant fuckups in that people actually got killed because of it.

No, I was using sober in that exact way, he's off the wagon again

CYpGAPn.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    what did they ever do with him? I remember people thought blue beetle was gonna be their next big deal and then I kinda stopped paying attention

retconned
    gtrmp wrote: »

Demon in a Bottle was 36 years ago

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man Mr. Fantastic already is fucking body horror

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    @blankzilla I read MK X #2

Lot of setup but I'm really enjoying Scorpion as an asshole sensei

I really like this version of the character a lot

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Also I am totally in love with Dexter Soy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58447

X-Force ends with #15 but Si Spurrier is already working on his next project for Marvel, so I'm all ready for that

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58447

X-Force ends with #15 but Si Spurrier is already working on his next project for Marvel, so I'm all ready for that

First X-Factor, now X-Force.. Wolverine is dead and Deadpool is going to follow!

Marvel is getting the X-men rights back!

..Wait, I think I fucked that up...

DOC-TOR STRANGE

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

DOC-TOR STRANGE

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

CYpGAPn.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I wasn't expecting to be enjoy it so much but goddamn, I loved Star Wars #1.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This might have already been asked before, but has Marvel said whether or not the new Star Wars stuff is eventually going to end up on Unlimited?

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Glad I checked Captain Marvel to see if Grace Valentine was in it before I bought it

Stop trying to push her!

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Kris Anka and Kevin Wada were working on a new Marvel Swimsuit Special before it got shelved

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    There are several comic sites (of varying credibility) reporting that a Spider-Man deal has been struck for Avengers: Infinity War.

Additionally *possible big spoilers?*
    Cap is dead in Part I and Thor is imprisoned so they will not appear in Part I.

Ceno on
    Ceno wrote: »
    There are several comic sites (of varying credibility) reporting that a Spider-Man deal has been struck for Avengers: Infinity War.

More like multiple sites are reporting Latino Review reporting a Spider-Man deal

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Kris Anka, please stop drawing Gambit in various states of undress

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Kris Anka and Kevin Wada were working on a new Marvel Swimsuit Special before it got shelved

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Kris Anka, please don't stop drawing Gambit in various states of undress

PSN- AHermano
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

More like multiple sites are reporting Latino Review reporting a Spider-Man deal

Ah.

LR has had a credible Marvel source before though, right?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    in an ideal world the taters-as-gambit movie would be called mutant mike and it would make a million billion dollars

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Broken clock, etc.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Latino review has been flat out caught making stuff up, so grain of salt and all that.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Latino review has been flat out caught making stuff up, so Salt Lake City and all that.

kyrcl.png
    Maximum wrote: »
    This might have already been asked before, but has Marvel said whether or not the new Star Wars stuff is eventually going to end up on Unlimited?

I don't know if they have said so, but I would be very surprised if they did not

This discussion has been closed.