As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] My love don't cost a thing, but WOW game tokens cost 20K Gold.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    So while I've been ignoring guild chat and playing Sim-Garrison, my guild had quite a bit of drama recently. In the course of a week:

1. 1/2 of the guild left to form their own guild which was supposed to be more hardcore, yet somehow...isn't?
    2. The GM stepped down and gave RL away, and both he and his wife stayed in the guild but dropped down to non-raiding members.

Of course, now I don't really feel like I belong in either guild so fun fun.

You should start your own guild, with blackjack and hookers!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    So I rejoined WoW. Haven't got Warlords yet but am playing through pandaria - haven't done it before. Level 90 already but still feel like going through all the quests and collecting toys and things. Had to be WoW over ff14 as my friends started it up again too, feeling like a good choice so far.

One issue though. I don't know if people have had this, i tried googling it and found nothing.
    I run a GTX750TI 2GB edition and an AMD FX6300 Black edition cpu. Way more than needed to play WoW. I play on high settings and a locked 60fps. YET recently in an area in pandaria, when i have stood in two locations, I've had, for seemingly no reason, a drop to 30fps and my GPU running at 100%. A flick back to the home screen and my whole computer is running slow, it recommends i switch to windows 7 basic. But it's only in these couple of areas when i'm facing a certain way. I turned around and faced the opposite direction, back up to 60fps, face the original way again, straight back to 30fps. I lowered the draw distance to as low as possible and that seemed to fix it but why would this be happening? I'm away from my pc so can't get screenshots but it seems very odd, i should never have my whole pc running slow because of WoW, so what gives? Has anyone else had this problem?

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Random garrison quibble. Once again I felt like I had more weapon tokens than armor. So I looked at my character with no war-mill or 615s. She had 615 armor tokens. And 10 weapon. I don't know if this is widely known or not, but there isn't a garrison mission to get 615 armor upgrades. There are ones for 630 and 645, and two for 615 weapons. I think everything else has parity. And the equal numbers of missions for each of the enhancement tokens. So statistically, you are likely to lag on follower armor a bit. Seems like a clear mistake, albeit a small one.

YoungFrey on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    So can someone explain how the garrison missions work in terms of highmaul missions? Because my mage is ilvl 662 and I keep getting missions for 645 gear. Not helpful. My druid, on the other hand, has never set foot in a normal or heroic raid, and he gets the 670 highmaul cache missions.

Any idea why that would be?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Mythic Twin Ogrons down. Had a good night bonus rolling a ring and cloak.

What's next?

Brackenspore. Gonna look that fight up when I get home from work.

One bad thing about these class changes is now I need to re-enchant everything to Haste. I am not made of Temporal Crystals. Managed to make the neck and two ring enchants, but the cloak will have to wait a bit. Should be ready by next raid night.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Derrick wrote: »
    So can someone explain how the garrison missions work in terms of highmaul missions? Because my mage is ilvl 662 and I keep getting missions for 645 gear. Not helpful. My druid, on the other hand, has never set foot in a normal or heroic raid, and he gets the 670 highmaul cache missions.

Follower ilevel maybe?

Does the Druid have more 645+ ilvl followers than your mage? I got a highmaul garrison mission not long after I had a third follower at 645+ ilvl.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    So I rejoined WoW. Haven't got Warlords yet but am playing through pandaria - haven't done it before. Level 90 already but still feel like going through all the quests and collecting toys and things. Had to be WoW over ff14 as my friends started it up again too, feeling like a good choice so far.

One issue though. I don't know if people have had this, i tried googling it and found nothing.
    I run a GTX750TI 2GB edition and an AMD FX6300 Black edition cpu. Way more than needed to play WoW. I play on high settings and a locked 60fps. YET recently in an area in pandaria, when i have stood in two locations, I've had, for seemingly no reason, a drop to 30fps and my GPU running at 100%. A flick back to the home screen and my whole computer is running slow, it recommends i switch to windows 7 basic. But it's only in these couple of areas when i'm facing a certain way. I turned around and faced the opposite direction, back up to 60fps, face the original way again, straight back to 30fps. I lowered the draw distance to as low as possible and that seemed to fix it but why would this be happening? I'm away from my pc so can't get screenshots but it seems very odd, i should never have my whole pc running slow because of WoW, so what gives? Has anyone else had this problem?

Out of curiosity where does it happen? I've had it happen a couple of times and it had to do with looking towards an area that had heavy phasing involved with it.

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular

Out of curiosity where does it happen? I've had it happen a couple of times and it had to do with looking towards an area that had heavy phasing involved with it.

The area West of the depressed village with all of the rain. I forget the name of it! Seemed to happen in two different places but both times I was looking the same direction.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular

The area West of the depressed village with all of the rain. I forget the name of it! Seemed to happen in two different places but both times I was looking the same direction.

That's the general area just north of the operation shieldwall zone, so that may be the problem...does it also happen at the eventual Horde base?

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular

Follower ilevel maybe?

Does the Druid have more 645+ ilvl followers than your mage? I got a highmaul garrison mission not long after I had a third follower at 645+ ilvl.

Doesn't the level or reward also correspond to how many bosses on each difficulty you've killed?

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Bigity wrote: »

Follower ilevel maybe?

Doesn't the level or reward also correspond to how many bosses on each difficulty you've killed?

You get Highmaul raid mission every 2.5 weeks if you have 2+ followers that are 645+ ilvl.

Contents are based on highest difficulty you have killed 15 bosses on repeats of same boss count, so could be 15 weeks of Kargath or 2.5 weeks of full raid).

If none, you get lfr quality.
    If lfr, you get normal.
    If normal, heroic.
    If heroic, mythic.
    If mythic, mythic + 1000g.

Slot is random and can be anything except tabard or shirt

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    We took some shots at Heroic Imperator last night but no dice. Made it to final phase twice. Most of the problem, I think, is lack of experience with the fight. We actively avoided Imperator on both Normal and Heroic for....three weeks(?) before last night.

And for whatever it's worth, it's amazing how much smoother boss kills are when we have 18 instead of 24 people. Still having trouble filling the last 2-3 slots to put together a team to take solid shots at Mythic.

Luckily, Blizz keeps dragging their feet on Blackrock Foundry, so we have the time to find those people.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    We took some shots at Heroic Imperator last night but no dice. Made it to final phase twice. Most of the problem, I think, is lack of experience with the fight. We actively avoided Imperator on both Normal and Heroic for....three weeks(?) before last night.

And for whatever it's worth, it's amazing how much smoother boss kills are when we have 18 instead of 24 people. Still having trouble filling the last 2-3 slots to put together a team to take solid shots at Mythic.

Luckily, Blizz keeps dragging their feet on Blackrock Foundry, so we have the time to find those people.
    I... kind of want to be one of those slots...

I... kind of want to be one of those slots...

Horde? You can ask @Aegis what it's like to raid with our group. He's part of the team.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah. Though I really only have a tank and need to get in some normal/heroic runs for gear, but I could switch to dps (I just prefer tanking). The bigger issue is that I am not sure I can transfer my character yet since I transferred right at the beginning of WoD (is it limited still?)

I'll think about it and shoot over a PM to you guys, thanks!

crimsoncoyote on
    Highmaul mission returned. Mythic Butcher gloves, which I will happily take since that's supposed to be one of the very last progression bosses.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Damn, they nerfed the trapping of beasts. I knew the change was coming where you couldn't double trap a beast, but I didn't realize you would get nothing if you were mounted on a training mount when capturing one. It looks like you can just dismount before luring it into a trap and you'll get credit, but it's a bit unfortunate.

edited January 2015
    SteevL wrote: »
    Damn, they nerfed the trapping of beasts. I knew the change was coming where you couldn't double trap a beast, but I didn't realize you would get nothing if you were mounted on a training mount when capturing one. It looks like you can just dismount before luring it into a trap and you'll get credit, but it's a bit unfortunate.

That's probably because of the way the training beasts are coded. While you're on one, your enemies don't target you, they target the training beast. So I bet something fishy is going on with the tagging code. Probably, the beast is tagging it, but your character tries to trap it. And since now you have to tag to trap, there's probably a conflict there.

Also, on the Highmaul Cache thing, I have lots of 645 (and above) guys on both my mage and druid. So I don't know what's going on there. I'll mark it down to "Oh well, nothing I can do about it." and move on I guess.

Derrick on
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular

It works if you're on the garrison talbuk so that sounds unintentional, you should bugreport that. I'm sure nothing will come of it, because Blizzard, but it can't hurt

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yes yes yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Unlock "Totems of the Grizzlemaw"
    is apparently one of the unlockable garrison musics.

Best.

thing.

ever.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited January 2015
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »

Follower ilevel maybe?

You get Highmaul raid mission every 2.5 weeks if you have 2+ followers that are 645+ ilvl.

Contents are based on highest difficulty you have killed 15 bosses on repeats of same boss count, so could be 15 weeks of Kargath or 2.5 weeks of full raid).

If none, you get lfr quality.
    If lfr, you get normal.
    If normal, heroic.
    If heroic, mythic.
    If mythic, mythic + 1000g.

Slot is random and can be anything except tabard or shirt

It's also worth noting that, at least currently, missions that directly reward gear tokens (i.e. not the highmaul cache) only go to 645 and they don't just stop giving you lower level gear once you cross an ilvl threshold. You'll still keep getting 630's, 615's and the occasional 600 and 610 shit, long after you no longer need them.

Or, you know, long before you need them too; pretty much all of my alliance characters (94's and 95's) already have tons of the 645/630/615 tokens, they'll be pretty well geared the second they hit 100. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

That's probably because of the way the training beasts are coded.

Similarly, if you happen to be harvesting herbs from your garden and an add pops and your bros kill it but you don't get a hit in, you don't get to loot the herbs. GG Blizz.

edited January 2015
    It won’t be long before you’ll be able to take the assault against the Iron Horde to the next level in new Raid content. To help you plan your attack, we’ve broken down the unlock schedule for Blackrock Foundry and the third Draenor world boss – Rukhmar. Will you be ready?

Those who plan to jump into the action in the Raid Finder will need a minimum item level of 635. Here's the rundown:

February 3, 2015:

Blackrock Foundry opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties available.
    World boss Rukhmar becomes available in Spires of Arak.
    February 10, 2015:

Mythic difficulty becomes available.
    February 17, 2015:

Raid Finder Wing 1: Slagworks (Gruul, Oregorger, and The Blast Furnace) unlocks.
    February 24, 2015:

Raid Finder Wing 2: The Black Forge (Hans’gar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka’graz, and Kromog ) unlocks.
    March 10, 2015:

Raid Finder Wing 3: Iron Assembly (Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar, and The Iron Maidens) unlocks.
    March 24, 2015:

Raid Finder Wing 4: Blackhand’s Crucible (Blackhand) unlocks.

EDIT: man they crack me the fuck up with the delays to LFR.

"maybe if we remove any useful gear and make them have to wait another few months with absolutely nothing new to do, they'll do real raiding; because starving non-raiders for content has never bitten us in the ass before!"

:rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Yes yes yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Best.

thing.

ever.

The Pandaren kazoo music isn't listed there. Subscription cancelled.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Zython wrote: »

Best.

thing.

ever.

I can just give my daughter a kazoo and have the same effect.

I wonder if I can get 24 abrogator stones in a single week of LFR. That'd require what, 4 clusters instead of the usual 2 from a boss? Not likely I suppose. Bleh.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Best.

thing.

ever.

I can just give my daughter a kazoo and have the same effect.

I wonder if I can get 24 abrogator stones in a single week of LFR. That'd require what, 4 clusters instead of the usual 2 from a boss? Not likely I suppose. Bleh.

I got 23 on my monk without a single cluster, though I got 3 off of 5 bosses.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yay, just got ilevel 635 thanks to crappy drops (still got a 615 weapon :().

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Yay, just got ilevel 635 thanks to crappy drops (still got a 615 weapon :().

You can upgrade your weapon to 620 or 660 if you do the pvp thing.

(I mean, I can't hardly stand that shit but different strokes for different folks and all that.)

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

We didn't reach the final phase at all...? We reached the last intermission twice and died during it.

Mines are being handled better, even if folks are still tripping them somehow.

We really need a dedicated pair of people handling Branded, but apparently that mechanic isn't important enough because every single time I bring it up, people are like "it doesn't matter."

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you don't really need a dedicated pair, you just need somebody with a teleport/jump to be the guy who's in charge of jumping away when it gets to 4 or 7. Then the people who get it just have to move out of the clump a bit.

our RL wants to do tectus as our third mythic boss, which I don't really get. We did a little bit of brackenspore last week and it seemed much easier

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It's stacking to 10 multiple times during the course of the fight, and people who get it are still running or blinking during phase 2, at which point I want to smack them upside the head.

It's abundantly clear no-one understands how the mechanic works in the slightest, so we need 1 or 2 people to just take away any uncertainty about what they have to do regarding the mechanic.

Characters
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'd call that a nerf, since getting two traps off one mobs is a clear exploit. Them fixing the trick where you can steal another person's mob makes me a lot happier. That always cheesed me off super-hard.
    Also, with allowing everyone in a party to get a trap at the same time, I expect the price of Savage Blood to tank even more quickly. I'm curious if that works in raids too.

Regarding Branded in melee, I'm actually of the mind that it's easier to let the debuff run its course and toss 1-2 extra AOE heals (if possible). Trying to get our large number of melee to coordinate it and not accidentally get too close to one another is pretty ridiculous. And, yes, I'm one of them.

As for ranged, after Huntering for ~7 years before switching to Enh, they have enough running room to figure something out. Right!?!?!???

edited January 2015
    This is the point behind having a dedicated person/people with Branded though.

You have complete control over who gets Branded: the person whose job it is to gets branded runs and stands directly on top of the person with Branded so it 100% jumps to him. Alternatively, the person with Branded who isn't dedicated finds the dedicated person and stands on them to "drop off" the Branded mark, and then goes back to whatever they were doing.

You don't deal with other ranged, or melee, or tanks or whomever. You just always know that if you aren't the guy that's in charge of handling the Branded you either need to find him or he needs to find you.

Edit: And if you have 2 people handling it, during Phase 2, those two people juggle the Branded Circle outwards from the rest of the group to avoid the common situation of no-one running away from the person with Branded.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    A dedicated branded person is a trap because of how phase 4 puts two brands out, and in general how hectic phase 4 can be. If you learn the fight that way p1-3, you'll fail on p4 because of the double brands and the need to stay spread out because of the force nova aoe.

Everyone needs to learn how to run branded out of the group individually at 4/5 stacks p1/2/4 and 7/8 stacks p3.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Dealing with Arcane Wrath in the final phase is a non-issue. Everyone is spread out anyways except for maybe melee. Even melee need to spread out periodically for Force Nova.

I am a fan of having everyone take responsibility of their current stacks of Arcane Wrath and getting it out of the group at 5 stacks or 8 stacks. It doesn't really matter what strategy you use. Everyone needs to take personal responsibility of watching their stacks and moving. The strategy only changes what stack people move at (to either pass it off or move out of the group).

I do think the hand-off method is better with a single person in the back ready to take it and then disengage away with it. At least in theory I do. We'll start doing Heroic Imperator this week in earnest. Getting people to pay attention to their stacks is first and foremost. I will suggest refining it with a "drop off" hunter but people struggle with that a lot.

Corp.Shephard on
    edited January 2015
    If your melee is tunneling the brand throughout the fight then if you ever reach the final phase they will all get shit on when Force Nova goes off and they all kill each other.

Everyone must learn the fight. There is no coasting allowed on Imperator. Install DBM, pay attention, or get kicked because clearly they don't want to pull their weight.

Madican on
    I am a fan of having everyone take responsibility

You haven't met our raid team.

Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    I am a fan of having everyone take responsibility

You haven't met our raid team.

If a raid team is unwilling to take responsibility then they don't belong in the raid. If they want purple loot with no effort then there's LFR waiting for them.

Like, 7 people died last night to Gorian Reaver's frontal cone attack because, and I quote: "Wait? What happened? He has a cleave?"

As if the dungeon journal doesn't have information on enemy abilities or anything.

Characters
This discussion has been closed.