As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Is it too late to change the thread title?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He could just be a quick side villain

Jeremy Sisto is playing Talon which sounds amazing

but... Jeremy Sisto should be Batman...
    He always should, yes

But Evil Batman is a good consolation prize

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    He could just be a quick side villain

Jeremy Sisto is playing Talon which sounds amazing

but... Jeremy Sisto should be Batman...

Or Kevin Conroy should

But Sisto is Talon, and Conroy is Thomas Wayne

It's kind of clever, I think

It could backfire if Jason O'Mara does a terrible job as Batman

But Batman has always been a story about dark mirrors, and using other Batmans to play said dark mirrors is kind of a great idea
    Jason O'Mara has already been a bad Batman twice

And the kid voicing Damian is THE WORST HOLY SHIT

Oh

Well shit

I haven't been keeping up with the DC movies for a while now

Kilroy wrote: »
    I now have 20 titles on my pull list

it's a good thing a few of those are ending soon, because that is not a financially sustainable number
    Oh my sweet summer child
    Superior Iron Man
    Thor
    All-New Captain America
    Star Wars
    Dart Vader
    Princess Leia
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    Angela: Asgard's Assassin
    Black Widow
    Ms. Marvel
    Inhuman
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Wolverines
    Amazing X-Men
    Magneto
    Ant-Man
    Daredevil
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians Team-Up
    Legendary Star-Lord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Avengers
    New Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Captain America and the Mighty Avengers
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    Howard the Duck
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Hawkeye
    Avengers World
    Moon Knight
    Storm
    Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw
    Rumble
    Manifest Destiny

CYpGAPn.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I'd say the difference is that the level to which a person does something morally questionable and for me to still be invested in the character is that they need to be doing it for interesting reasons.

Walter White is a desperate person who realizes that they have been a bad person their entire life, and his descent into that internal hell is compelling.

Tony had a magic switch flipped and now he's a greedy bastard/worst version of himself, for no other reason than well now he just is. That's just kind of boring. Now he's a mostly bad guy who has made his technology analogous to a drug dealer. Unless there's more of a reveal later it just seems like the most boring angle on him being "inverted"

I'd be way more interested if there was some sort of compelling arc to his actions or some desperate need to do this stuff.

Well we are only a couple issues in at this point.

To be clear, I'm not doing some kind of hard sell on Superior Iron Man, I think it has potential but it's by no means a book I love or even a book im sure I'll keep reading.

To no one's surprise I'm sure the absolute best take on new Tony has been Hickman's in New Avengers.

Yeah, I'll still keep reading Superior at this point to see if it capitalises on its potential, but I can understand people being turned away. Meanwhile, while I've been enjoying Mighty Avengers, I still think it's poor timing to have the new Cap be Judge Dredd right out the gate.

He's himself in his own book

He is; I'm reading that too; but apparently AXIS hasn't happened yet in that series.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the next issue of Mighty Avengers, it looks like it'll deal with Axis fallout, which not a lot of other books seem to be doing

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

it's a good thing a few of those are ending soon, because that is not a financially sustainable number
    Oh my sweet summer child
    Superior Iron Man
    Thor
    All-New Captain America
    Star Wars
    Dart Vader
    Princess Leia
    Black Widow
    Ms. Marvel
    Inhuman
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Wolverines
    Amazing X-Men
    Magneto
    Ant-Man
    Daredevil
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians Team-Up
    Legendary Star-Lord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Avengers
    New Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    Howard the Duck
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Hawkeye
    Avengers World
    Moon Knight
    Storm
    Rumble
    Manifest Destiny

Hey, this looks a lot like my list!!

You buy like a solid 50% of my books, I think

Maybe more

CYpGAPn.png
    Holy shit

I know solicits give away a decent chunk of stories sometimes but these Convergence solicits are literally just summaries of the plot of each issue, giving away plotlines from issues in the same fuckin solicit.
    CONVERGENCE #1
    Written by JEFF KING and SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Foldout cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and MARK MORALES
    1:25 Variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    1:100 BATMAN sketch variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
    Blank variant cover
    On sale APRIL 8 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 8, $4.99 US • RATED T
    This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever? The stakes have never been higher as the heroes of Crisis, Zero Hour, Elseworlds, and more are brought together for Convergence!
    In the first issue of this weekly series, Brainiac has collected cities of doomed and forgotten worlds, who must battle each other—and the losers will be destroyed! But why is he forcing this conflict? Join the refugees from Earth-2 as they unlock the truth behind this world that exists outside time and space and is very much alive! Is Brainiac really in control—or is this planet named Telos an unparalleled force of evil?
    This extra-sized issue is packed with twists and turns and appearances you NEVER thought you’d see—including the heroes from the hit series INJUSTICE!
    CONVERGENCE #2
    Written by JEFF KING
    Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    1:25 Variant cover by JAE LEE
    1:100 WONDER WOMAN sketch variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    As Telos, the Planet Incarnate, easily defeats the survivors of Earth-2, Thomas Wayne and Dick Grayson set off to find help in the pre-Flashpoint Gotham City. The emotional implication of these worlds colliding comes crashing down when Thomas Wayne confronts this world’s Batman, as father meets son!
    Plus, Alan Scott’s attempts to connect with The Green yield unexpected results, setting our team on a quest to escape the planet. And the cyborgs of Futures End engage in a battle to the death against the reimagined heroes of the Just Imagine Universe, while the city of Superman Red and Blue takes on the opposing forces from GENERATIONS!
    CONVERGENCE #3
    Written by JEFF KING
    Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and JASON PAZ
    1:25 Variant cover by DAVE McKEAN
    1:100 AQUAMAN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 22 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Death comes calling as an injured Telos takes out his rage on the people of Kandor, while the Earth-2 team endures another brutal casualty. And major plans are set in motion as Green Lantern and the others follow Deimos into the lost city of Skartaris to find Rip Hunter and the missing Time Masters, who could be their only hope of escape from this apocalypse for Infinite Earths!
    CONVERGENCE #4
    Written by JEFF KING
    1:25 Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    1:100 GREEN LANTERN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 29 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Inside Skartaris, the heroes of Earth-2 must face the only man who can stop them from finding the missing Time Travelers—but why would Travis Morgan, aka The Warlord, want to kill them?
    Meanwhile, Telos takes the captive Dick Grayson to several of the battling cities to prove the futility of challenging him. And whatever you do, do not miss the final page, as the surprising return of an unexpected villain could crush all hope for salvation and seal the doom of everyone on the planet!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Physical copy of MK X 1!

theres no way this was determined by sales, right? It would have been way too fast for that?

DC's digital series usually come out with physical copies every 2nd or 3rd digital issue, collecting the previous digital copies

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

Oh my sweet summer child
    Superior Iron Man
    Thor
    All-New Captain America
    Star Wars
    Dart Vader
    Princess Leia
    Black Widow
    Ms. Marvel
    Inhuman
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Wolverines
    Amazing X-Men
    Magneto
    Ant-Man
    Daredevil
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians Team-Up
    Legendary Star-Lord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Avengers
    New Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    Howard the Duck
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Hawkeye
    Avengers World
    Moon Knight
    Storm
    Rumble
    Manifest Destiny

your list is indeed impressive, but I submit for your consideration the fact that I have no gainful employment

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the Conan/Red Sonja crossover that came out today was really good, if you're the kind of person who wants to read a Conan/Red Sonja crossover

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Holy shit

I know solicits give away a decent chunk of stories sometimes but these Convergence solicits are literally just summaries of the plot of each issue, giving away plotlines from issues in the same fuckin solicit.
    CONVERGENCE #1
    Written by JEFF KING and SCOTT LOBDELL
    Foldout cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    1:25 Variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    1:100 BATMAN sketch variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
    Blank variant cover
    On sale APRIL 8 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 8, $4.99 US • RATED T
    This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever? The stakes have never been higher as the heroes of Crisis, Zero Hour, Elseworlds, and more are brought together for Convergence!
    In the first issue of this weekly series, Brainiac has collected cities of doomed and forgotten worlds, who must battle each other—and the losers will be destroyed! But why is he forcing this conflict? Join the refugees from Earth-2 as they unlock the truth behind this world that exists outside time and space and is very much alive! Is Brainiac really in control—or is this planet named Telos an unparalleled force of evil?
    This extra-sized issue is packed with twists and turns and appearances you NEVER thought you’d see—including the heroes from the hit series INJUSTICE!
    CONVERGENCE #2
    Written by JEFF KING
    1:25 Variant cover by JAE LEE
    1:100 WONDER WOMAN sketch variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    As Telos, the Planet Incarnate, easily defeats the survivors of Earth-2, Thomas Wayne and Dick Grayson set off to find help in the pre-Flashpoint Gotham City. The emotional implication of these worlds colliding comes crashing down when Thomas Wayne confronts this world’s Batman, as father meets son!
    Plus, Alan Scott’s attempts to connect with The Green yield unexpected results, setting our team on a quest to escape the planet. And the cyborgs of Futures End engage in a battle to the death against the reimagined heroes of the Just Imagine Universe, while the city of Superman Red and Blue takes on the opposing forces from GENERATIONS!
    CONVERGENCE #3
    Written by JEFF KING
    1:25 Variant cover by DAVE McKEAN
    1:100 AQUAMAN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 22 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Death comes calling as an injured Telos takes out his rage on the people of Kandor, while the Earth-2 team endures another brutal casualty. And major plans are set in motion as Green Lantern and the others follow Deimos into the lost city of Skartaris to find Rip Hunter and the missing Time Masters, who could be their only hope of escape from this apocalypse for Infinite Earths!
    CONVERGENCE #4
    Written by JEFF KING
    1:25 Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    1:100 GREEN LANTERN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 29 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Inside Skartaris, the heroes of Earth-2 must face the only man who can stop them from finding the missing Time Travelers—but why would Travis Morgan, aka The Warlord, want to kill them?
    Meanwhile, Telos takes the captive Dick Grayson to several of the battling cities to prove the futility of challenging him. And whatever you do, do not miss the final page, as the surprising return of an unexpected villain could crush all hope for salvation and seal the doom of everyone on the planet!

Who is Jeff King anyway?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    SLICER OF WORLDS
    THE ANNIHIBLADE

I loved it when ancient Galactus recognised it

"used to carve the first dawn from the stones of endless night"

so fucking metal

I love that in that arc it has corrupted a black hole.

This is the Necrosword thing right? What series did all that go down in?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    SLICER OF WORLDS
    THE ANNIHIBLADE

I loved it when ancient Galactus recognised it

"used to carve the first dawn from the stones of endless night"

so fucking metal

I love that in that arc it has corrupted a black hole.

This is the Necrosword thing right? What series did all that go down in?

Thor: God of Thunder.

PaperLuigi44 on
    So I got my comics. Still no New Avengers so I had to read the summary for Avengers before going in. Excellent issue but one thing that I noticed
    Namor isn't dead. Thanks either or most of the Cabal probably. Thanos was a given cause, well, Thanos, but Namor is on the cover to Secret Wars #1 with him.

I cannot even imagine how terrifyingly angry he is going to be now.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    no lego salmon ladder??
    ol3qbs1.jpg

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I just finished the first Hellboy in Hell and my main review is holy shit why don't I wait for full collections of these things goddamnit

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blank, where'd you read the summary?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

So this isn't an Onion or Clickhole article?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

So this isn't an Onion or Clickhole article?

No it is Chris Hemsworth's rad tits and abs and shoulders in a wet shirt of sheer material on comicsalliance.com

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blank you totally don't have to answer this but how do you afford that many comics every month? Aren't you a college student?

My budget mostly went toward hamburger helper

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Blank you totally don't have to answer this but how do you afford that many comics every month? Aren't you a college student?

My budget mostly went toward hamburger helper

He sells the Marvel codes to guys like me and Tofu for around 45-ish% of the cover price.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Lol if you aren't selling various bodily fluids to pay for your comic habit.

Seriously though it's so dang easy to get a huge list of stuff to read these days. Every time I manage to pare it down a bit, some new rad as shit comic comes out and weeeeellp looks like I'll be spending just as much or more again.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    So the news store had a tiny selection of comics, as I expected, and no Star Wars

a sign in the window saying "OUT OF CHARLIE HEBDO", though

and a second one saying "NO RESERVATIONS"

*sigh*

So I ended up buying it digitally and a combination of it being on my monitor and them nailing the feel made it weird that it didn't kick in with the Star Wars theme at the splash logo.

That is one Star Wars-ass comic for sure.

sig.gif
    oh and I subscribed too because why not save literally twelve bucks a year

this is how they get you

sig.gif
    I'm not sure why I'm surprised canada sells charlie hebdo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Hmm (Star Wars)
    As part of his cover's banter, Han casually mentions the Death Star's destruction to that imperial...

I think I've literally always assumed that the Death Star was highly classified and not public knowledge and that the Empire would've had a cover story handy for Alderaan's destruction.

I guess the Rebels would've leaked that information everywhere but in my mind it would've been perceived by the average citizen as Truther nuttery.

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hmm (Star Wars)
    As part of his cover's banter, Han casually mentions the Death Star's destruction to that imperial...

I think I've literally always assumed that the Death Star was highly classified and not public knowledge and that the Empire would've had a cover story handy for Alderaan's destruction.

I guess the Rebels would've leaked that information everywhere but in my mind it would've been perceived by the average citizen as Truther nuttery.

Well
    A. The entire point of the Death Star to keep wayward systems in line through fear. It's hard to fear something if you don't know it exists.

B. The sheer amount of resources and personnel it would take to build that thing would make keeping it a secret a giant pain in the ass. Not to mention all the people it would take to staff it.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I can't believe marvel is seriously going to kill all their mutants just to deny fox free advertising

PNk1Ml4.png

Well it's a French language magazine so it obviously has an audience here and would be found in newsstands.

I'm pretty sure the cashier was telling someone on the phone they were out while I was in there, too. Kinda depressing how it's now the hottest thing in the world by virtue of pure zeitgeist. Butanywaythatsofftopicasfuck

sig.gif
    Hmm (Star Wars)

Well
    A. The entire point of the Death Star to keep wayward systems in line through fear. It's hard to fear something if you don't know it exists.

B. The sheer amount of resources and personnel it would take to build that thing would make keeping it a secret a giant pain in the ass. Not to mention all the people it would take to staff it.

Yeah, you're right.

I'm not saying I perceived it correctly this whole time but it is how my brain registered that whole thing all along.

sig.gif

Well it's a French language magazine so it obviously has an audience here and would be found in newsstands.

I'm pretty sure the cashier was telling someone on the phone they were out while I was in there, too. Kinda depressing how it's now the hottest thing in the world by virtue of pure zeitgeist. Butanywaythatsofftopicasfuck

It totally makes sense, thats why I feel dumb for being surprised

I think its... nice they're getting some support. I can't think of people who'd need it more right now.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Hmm (Star Wars)

Uh, what?
    Tarkin's whole rationale for destroying Alderaan in the movie is that it will serve as an example to the Death Star's (and by extension, the Empire's) absolute power over the Galaxy

If the existence of the Death Star were secret, that plan just doesn't work

If anything, they'd be trying to cover up the Death Star's destruction

Guess I need to put myself back in the "Evil Empire" mindset. Spent too much time around more realistic sci-fi I guess, forgot some stuff about how they operate.

sig.gif
    -Tal wrote: »
    I can't believe marvel is seriously going to kill all their mutants just to deny fox free advertising

One by one!

They should be done sometime in 2050, when they finally get the rights back.

Holy SHIT they kick it into high gear like immediately.

This is Star Wars as FUCK.

sig.gif
    Yup okay totally glad I picked up that subscription.

sig.gif

It totally makes sense, thats why I feel dumb for being surprised

I think its... nice they're getting some support. I can't think of people who'd need it more right now.

Yeah them getting support is nice. What I meant is just that it feels kinda weird that the survivors are now gonna ride that tragedy to riches. You know, how it might turn out that this is the best thing that ever happened to their shareholders and whatnot. Just weird on kind of a karmic level.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.