As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A different kind of art

Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Yeah this might be frowned upon but I am in fact an artist so eat it.
I'm the guy behind the girl for a new wave/synth pop band called Dust of Broken Heart. Czech us out at http://www.myspace.com/dustofbrokenheart

so there it is, I am an artist...and I'm sharing my work...

Captain Cthulhu on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah this might be frowned upon but I am in fact an artist so eat it.
    I'm the guy behind the girl for a new wave/synth pop band called Dust of Broken Heart. Czech us out at http://www.myspace.com/dustofbrokenheart

so there it is, I am an artist...and I'm whoring my work...

You may be an artist, but you still need to lurk it bit. Nobody here will even bother to click on your myspace page...

EDIT: Everyone look at my MySpace : http://www.myspace.com/g00ba Lets all be friends! Wooo!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So what exactly are you doing here, besides trying to get the mods angry? I seriously hope you didn't come to share your music as some kind of favor to us.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Well, numbskull, I am in fact the one that produces all of the music, including lyrics and otherwise, and we are still no more than a couple of kids from the north trying to do something cool, much like you are just some guys trying to draw some shit that looks sweet on paper. So what do you do when you would like an opinion different than your own? You post it here so that other people, whether they like your particular style of art or not, are free to offer up any critiques and/or criticisms and/or suggestions on how to make it better. I'm sorry my particular form of art is the kind of thing that doesn't allow me to post it here for all to see upon immediate viewing of this thread, but that's just the way of the internet. If you'd rather, I could find somewhere else to host it so you won't immediately think I'm just trying to whore my works through myspace.
    I didn't ask you to be our friends, because I don't give a shit. And I didn't ask you to buy our merch because I don't have any to sell anyway, plus I don't give a damn.
    Perhaps posting a link of any sort is bad taste, so sorry.
    But if you feel like it, feel free to stop being a dink.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    BelieveBelieve Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You know, acting unnecessarily defensive and assholeish in your second post to someone who someone who actually wasn't being that bad in terms of being a "dink", AND is a forum regular, really isn't a good idea. :?

And FYI, anyone who links to their websight and tells people to look through it, rather than post samples right into the thread, get the same reaction.

Believe on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    read the rules

RubberAC on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Would I be a "dink" if I said that I when I clicked on that page all that eminated from my speakers was shit?

The techno garage band tracks are simplistic and boring. Got tired of it's repetitiveness real fast.

Girl's voice is ok though. Didn't blow me away, but I didn't hate it.

Honestly, I couldn't make all the way through any of those tracks.

Virum on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    EDIT: Everyone look at my MySpace : http://www.myspace.com/g00ba Lets all be friends! Wooo!

Dude, totally! Check out my space!

OLOLZORS!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, numbskull, I am in fact the one that produces all of the music, including lyrics and otherwise, and we are still no more than a couple of kids from the north trying to do something cool, much like you are just some guys trying to draw some shit that looks sweet on paper. So what do you do when you would like an opinion different than your own? You post it here so that other people, whether they like your particular style of art or not, are free to offer up any critiques and/or criticisms and/or suggestions on how to make it better. I'm sorry my particular form of art is the kind of thing that doesn't allow me to post it here for all to see upon immediate viewing of this thread, but that's just the way of the internet. If you'd rather, I could find somewhere else to host it so you won't immediately think I'm just trying to whore my works through myspace.
    I didn't ask you to be our friends, because I don't give a shit. And I didn't ask you to buy our merch because I don't have any to sell anyway, plus I don't give a damn.
    Perhaps posting a link of any sort is bad taste, so sorry.
    But if you feel like it, feel free to stop being a dink.

Given how much you're overreacting to some not particularly scathing comments, you clearly didn't come here for critique. Linking to your myspace page and saying "Czech it out lolz" sounds a lot more like sitewhoring than asking for honest critique to me. If you wanted anyone to take you seriously you'd have a direct link to an mp3 posted and not a link to your carbon copy garage band's myspace page and an embedded music player.

Posting something here with no explanation other than "lolz here it is" is a luxury afforded only to regular members who are understood to be starting a dump thread or are professionals and probably don't need criticism anyway-- You registerred today and what you posted is pretty unremarkable, and is against the rules, and then you have the nerve to get indignant.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I was obviously not actually angry or otherwise, since I did in fact use the terms numbskull and dink which are, in my opinion, never anything but funny. Perhaps I was a little over indignant and I apologize.
    And Virum, though your response was a little abrasive because of the over all tone of this thread, yes, that is kind of what I was looking for. Obviously the repetitive factor is something I need to work on.
    Sorry I didn' link directly to an mp3, but I am in fact at work, making that impossible.
    Sorry to inconvenience you all with my lack of Penny Arcade forum expertise.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    SpilltoySpilltoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Since you're going to be an assfuck regardless...

FruityLoops>you olololzzzzzzz

Spilltoy on
    I really don't.
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I forgot my MP3 player at home. If those are hosted on anything besides a myspace server (which is blocked) I'll check em out.

And for further referance Cpt Cthulhu (kudos for spelling it right), here's the rules thread. It's the thread on top of our beloved forum that says "RULES! Read Before Anything!"

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, well I'm a bit of a retard and obviously to me "Read before anything" actually means "Read only after making a post that will piss everyone off."

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yay, you have a sense of humor!!

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    firebane_543firebane_543 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    since I did in fact use the terms numbskull and dink which are, in my opinion, never anything but funny.

I would have personally used "nincompoop"

firebane_543 on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You guys are fucking friends with Freezepop. Literally gay.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    yeah, perhaps that would have been more blatent.
    I try hard not to suck, but when it ends up happening anyway I don't really have a problem admitting it.
    Dude, Freezepop rocks. We're actually friends with the IRL as well as on myspace, which I know doesn't impress you any, but it might attribute to why we like them so much, since I don't necessessarily find their music to be anything extraordinary.
    Anyway, sorry for being a dink, guys.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm just being a dick. I just happen to not really like them. Good luck to you guys and have fun.

NeoRedXIII on