As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax South Hype thread

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Nope wrote: »
    Going to PAX South but probably won't have any pins worth trading :(

That's the beauty of PAX man, not everyone is a pin snob like some of us more hardcore collectors. People love different things in different amounts. Wear your trades proudly, and don't be afraid to approach a fellow collector.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »

That's the beauty of PAX man, not everyone is a pin snob like some of us more hardcore collectors. People love different things in different amounts. Wear your trades proudly, and don't be afraid to approach a fellow collector.

He is correct we started with nothing.
    Show what you have and ask around.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    redfield85 wrote: »

I feel like I am in the same boat. I mean, I have a Hannah or two, PA Anniversary, maybe an extra PAX Anniversary , but I feel like I am holding out to trade for something big with those.

Man, I wish I had those pins as trade bait! You have an Ellie there too if pinnypals is to be trusted, you should go OK :-)

Ugh, PAX jealousy is really starting to kick in! Hope everyone has a blast!

PAX_Skeletor on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

I feel like I am in the same boat. I mean, I have a Hannah or two, PA Anniversary, maybe an extra PAX Anniversary , but I feel like I am holding out to trade for something big with those.

Man, I wish I had those pins as trade bait! You have an Ellie there too if pinnypals is to be trusted, you should go OK :-)

Ugh, PAX jealousy is really starting to kick in! Hope everyone has a blast!

I just feel Hannah or either Anniversary should get me AT LEAST 2 for 1 with the KI stuff. That is how I view them at least.

I need to hide them deeper in my trade bag because people see those and they bail on my other trade items.

I'll probably start getting ready in the next day or two. Organize everything.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Okay, here's one pin that'll be at PAX South. I hope we'll get to see the full list soon, though. Only just over a week away!

http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2015/01/broodhollow-at-pax-south/

Kamelon on
    Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    I have my trade bag planned out already.

My Pin collection
  • dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    I just feel Hannah or either Anniversary should get me AT LEAST 2 for 1 with the KI stuff.

Obviously there's a million different factors, but personally I wouldn't take less than three KI pins for Hanna -- and would only even take that if 1 of them was Jago or the KI logo (those two being rarer than all the rest).

Prime 2014 was the first PAX ever for my wife and I, and we went in with only a single PA core set to our name. This is what we had in the hotel room Monday night:
    tyskkq5nbfow.jpg

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    That is so damn impressive for one weekend. This is how you pin trade! (Though it looks like it was expensive too :P)

dmosinee wrote: »
    I just feel Hannah or either Anniversary should get me AT LEAST 2 for 1 with the KI stuff.

Obviously there's a million different factors, but personally I wouldn't take less than three KI pins for Hanna -- and would only even take that if 1 of them was Jago or the KI logo (those two being rarer than all the rest).

Prime 2014 was the first PAX ever for my wife and I, and we went in with only a single PA core set to our name. This is what we had in the hotel room Monday night:
    tyskkq5nbfow.jpg

Shit man, I need to hang out with you, that's some solid pin trading right there.

It really helped that we were attacking it as a team. For instance -- I waited 2.5 hours to play Heroes of the Storm and she just showed up to watch over my shoulder right when my turn came up, but the booth guy gave her an ETC pin too. During that time she ran around getting all the stamps for The Next Level, and after my HOTS turn we turned it in and told the Ubisoft gal that we did it together ;-) and we each got one of those.

We were also in the right place/time to make a siiiiiiiick trade with Scott Kurtz that landed us a bunch of great trading pins :D

http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
    So, I am going to officially coin the term "Pin Wife", and it means exactly what it sounds like. eHarmony, here I come.

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I tried to get my wife into Pin Trading. I asked her to come to the Pin Trading event at East with me. She laughed and kept playing board games in the Tabletop Section...at least she likes board games.

rentfn wrote: »
    I tried to get my wife into Pin Trading. I asked her to come to the Pin Trading event at East with me. She laughed and kept playing board games in the Tabletop Section...at least she likes board games.

Did she scoff and call you a nerd?

South people I need a 2013 core set.
    I have a 2012 core set.
    Hook me up at south.

My Pin collection
  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have a pin wife ^^
    Actually he told me about Pinny Arcade at Aus 13. When I traded for all but like 2 pins in about 45 minutes he realised our wallets only had room for one squirrel addled brain and decided not to collect for himself anymore :P

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???

This is kind of how I am thinking/feeling about them. I COULD buy my KI pins, but why when I could maybe get a few via trade.

After playing Sunset Overdrive, I'm gonna hopefully hunt down that pin and trade for it. Maybe take a crack at the Behemoth machines for the Game 4 stuff (If they are there. Haven't browsed the show map yet.).

I wish they would announce the pins already (if there are any new ones besides Broodhollow, which I'll want).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Unfortunately, The Behemoth won't be at south :(

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    @redfield85 if you need the Sunset Overdrive pin at South, I have one that I don't need with your name on it then.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • smittythepiratesmittythepirate Registered User regular

Your wallet is probably thanking you for that.

Your wallet is probably thanking you for that.

Good. I can work on other pins. Heh.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I... I don't understand what a pin wife is. :/

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • RaynerRayner Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I need to get my other half to help with my pin collecting.
    I gave him a Lookouts Crest from my trades because he liked the look of it, he joined me in the PAX Aus pin trade line and just waited behind everyone with a bag waiting for me to put my pins in when I come back from a staff table... I also gave him a pin to trade for Coffee Kemper, his words were "There is a cat drinking coffee there... did you see that... get me that one."

Looking for a long term and future pin wife. Inquire within about DLC pin.
    It's good to have another person to help you pin hunt. I usually grab my friend who is free. That doesn't always work out.

My Pin collection
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WTB Pin wife, I can cook and have a huge penis.

I'M TALKING DOWN TOWN!

I'M TALKING DOWN TOWN!

I believe you've just committed libel my friend.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    My fiancee can sometimes be corralled into pin collecting, but she likes to wander off and find panels about ethics and diversity and that kind of thing (and she's in law school, so she can't go ALL DAY ERRYDAY like me), so I end up on my own a lot. Last year was downright exhausting getting three sets of pins, and I only got 2 Leeroys :/ And no Fightsticks, so I was very glad they popped up online.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'm a week away from my flight and starting to get very excited, especially since I have this upcoming Monday off. So, next week is a two day work week, and all of that time will be spent in my office with my door closed arranging pins on the pin sash I just bought.

And by pin sash, I mean Girl Scout sash. #noregrets

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    tempted to try and find a pin beard for South. get them the money to get me some of the cash exclusive pins...maybe trade for some of my extras from prime..

Solelron wrote: »
    a pin beard

I tried this once; it looked cool but a lot of blood got on the pins and it took my face three weeks to heal up.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    WTB Pin wife, I can cook and have a huge... pin collection.

fix'd

man, I've been fixing posts all morning :)

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular

They cost the same, and have similar print runs. Limited pins might "feel" special but math says they are not. Aren't most KI pins still available for purchase? Your time is worth more than the $15 it would cost to just buy them.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    Jake Capps wrote: »

They cost the same, and have similar print runs. Limited pins might "feel" special but math says they are not. Aren't most KI pins still available for purchase? Your time is worth more than the $15 it would cost to just buy them.

I have pins to trade. Why waste money when I could potentially swap?

My time is worth at least $1,538. AT LEAST.

Math goes out the window when it comes to trading (depending on the traders). If someone really wants a pin, 2 for 1 is always a possibility. Plus, why wouldn't I wait until the pin trading session on Saturday to check the tables? If I can save money by trading the pins I already have, I'm all for it. I'm sure the KI pins will be in the store for some time if I can't get any trades.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    It just always seems easier for me to buy pins from vendors, and only trade for pins that require a crazy long line or some PAX event I don't want to do.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular

I'M TALKING DOWN TOWN!
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    WTB Pin wife, I can cook and have a huge... pin collection.

fix'd

Way too late buddy!

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If you enjoy just buying pins, then that's fun for you, and I hope you get to have as much of it as you can handle. Some people enjoy the trade aspect, the human interaction, the hunt, wtf ever they enjoy about pin trading. Finding someone to trade a hanna straight up for a KI pin would be ridiculously rare, pin count runs and initial cost don't enter into it at all when it comes to most people. Odds are more people at a Penny Arcade Expo are going to like an IP of PA character than they would to like Orchids creepy square boobs.

Value is not always measured in tangibles. That being said, I would gladly trade you two KI pins for a Hanna. Because Hanna.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh!
    A pin wife. I get it! I think I am already @redfield85 's pin wife? At least, I was at East last year. I do not know if he'll have me again this year, haha.

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I am now ON THE HYPE TRAIN! I will officially be at PAX South! WOOOOOOO

I just want to stalk to Convention center, like, my hype is reaching critical mass.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    My lanyard is ready.
    RlbcYwN.jpg
    I get to hang out with you jokers in 4 days! Also, I am going to have a margarita at 11am on Friday to celebrate PAX South (maybe 2, or 5).

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)