As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it took me roughly 4 months to get to 60

but i had school to slow me down

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    WoW was the first mmo to come out with a semi-coherent questing structure where you wouldn't just find a monster camp and chill there for hours.

It made that months long leveling on your first character super fun at the time.

Ten years in obviously the leveling process has worn out its welcome, but when people are surprised how long it used to take it's important to know how fresh and interesting it was.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    My first character was Alliance, so I really have no idea about the first 60 levels of the horde, I leveled with people so it was pretty easy.

But Duskwood as Allaince was insane, but also super cool. The number of awesome little storylines was super fun

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    My first character was Alliance, so I really have no idea about the first 60 levels of the horde, I leveled with people so it was pretty easy.

But Duskwood as Allaince was insane, but also super cool. The number of awesome little storylines was super fun

Here's Stitches to ruin your day.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Rumor going around is that Blizzard sent a physical gift to "veteran" players who created their account within 60 days of the start of the game. Not a lot of details yet whether or not people who had lapses in their subscription are eligible.

For what it's worth, my account was created December 21st 2004 and I haven't heard anything. But I took a couple breaks.

On 12/6/2004 I was credited for a month (probably due to a shitty launch or something), so it seems my account was created maybe November of 2004?

I took some time off after WotLK and didn't come back until WoD (save for a 7 day free pass here and there), so I doubt I'm eligible for anything. :(

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    If some of the datamined text is accurate it is probably just a come back incentive anyway.

What they need to do is the XIV method of including actual content based on how many days you are active so that anyone can eventually get it.

Every mmo should do this

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    As for me, I've been playing so long, I remember when rogues could use bucklers
    oh jesus yeah
    I completely forgot about that... back when you wanted to sinister strike with the slowest hardest-hitting weapon you could get in your main hand and your offhand was only useful for white damage and poison procs. And weapon speeds weren't normalized, and talent trees were still in their formative "we don't have any idea what we're doing" phase. When did they remove the distinction between bucklers and shields and take them away from rogues? It was pretty early on wasn't it? It must have been within the first year after launch.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i was in the beta and day 1

but i lost that account so...

• Options
    As for me, I've been playing so long, I remember when rogues could use bucklers
    oh jesus yeah
    I completely forgot about that... back when you wanted to sinister strike with the slowest hardest-hitting weapon you could get in your main hand and your offhand was only useful for white damage and poison procs. And weapon speeds weren't normalized, and talent trees were still in their formative "we don't have any idea what we're doing" phase. When did they remove the distinction between bucklers and shields and take them away from rogues? It was pretty early on wasn't it? It must have been within the first year after launch.

It was before launch, in the beta, before open beta even? The timeline that far back is foggy, but rogues using shields didn't make it to launch

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it seems my memories of beta and early launch have blended together then

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I started in decmber of '05 so i'm out of that first 6 months

and also that means I've been playing this game on and off since I was 11

• Options
    i should get a reward for playing mmos since everquest in 99

a new life

• Options
    Yeah I remember BEGGING my dad to sign my up for everquest, since I damn well did not have a credit card

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    WoW was the first mmo to come out with a semi-coherent questing structure where you wouldn't just find a monster camp and chill there for hours.

City of Heroes came out before WoW!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

City of Heroes came out before WoW!

But in City of Heroes they were called missions! The 1.0 CoH missions were also pretty damned good, for the most part. Except for Circlejerk of Thorns bullshit. Fuck those guys with a spoon.

My WoW account was created on launch day, but I have had multiple lapses of several months, with one lapse being from March after Wrath release all the way to a month after Panda released. Not sure if I'm eligible for a statue thing. Suppose I'll have to check me email!

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well I started playing at like, December 25th 2004. That's just under the cut-off point.

But I've not had a CONSTANT sub, obviously. I don't see everyone getting theirs shipped out all at once anyway.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »

a new life

Same

Although really the sickness started with Gemstone 3 on AOL 3.0

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that the gift is just going to be for people with a completely uninterrupted account. Which if so, is kinda lame considering everything that can happen over 10 years, also since there was that whole "global financial crisis" wedged in there as well.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I started playing around Patch 1.8 or whatever patch was the Druid class revamp patch. I played in the beta and loved the hell out of Druids but I decided not to pick up the game at launch for a myriad of reasons. Then that druid patch happening was enough for me to bite the bullet and hop on the train.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I got the boxed game early because I knew someone at gamestop. I made a char immediately on earthen ring and did a /who to see not one person online. I then promptly logged out and went to bed.

Then I came back the next day to really play and we all know how that went.

I don't use that account anymore though. But I still have it.

BTW with the pvp discussion, using it takes time and is boring as an excuse is rough. Its faster than any other method for that quality of items and the boredom can be said of anything in the game really.

Like my monk starts at 7700 conq points limit for catchup. I am capable of getting 2 660 peices of gear plus a 660 weapon in how ever much time it takes me to work that out. I did 3 hours of ashran event farming and got 2500 already. And tons of honor so I can jump into arenas soon and finish up those conq points and be baller.

If you can get in, the ashran farm isnt even pvp. They mostly avoid the fighting. You pick of stragglers like they are small elite mobs. Its quite mindless and you can do other things while you do it.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the gift is just going to be for people with a completely uninterrupted account. Which if so, is kinda lame considering everything that can happen over 10 years, also since there was that whole "global financial crisis" wedged in there as well.

If it's a physical thing that weighs a bit, it'd make sense for the pool of people to be reasonably small, otherwise you'd be sending out millions of things

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    They're finally redistributing all of those Thick Yeti Hides. You know. The ones you spent hours in the cave trying get to drop while you got camped.

• Options
    Well damn, I've been playing since day 1 but not continuously.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i didnt play much of cata, where my pc shit the bed and it took a while to replace so i saw very little of it after bwd

other than that cant stop wont stop

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    BTW with the pvp discussion, using it takes time and is boring as an excuse is rough. Its faster than any other method for that quality of items and the boredom can be said of anything in the game really.

how about the fact that pvp sucks and is anti-fun

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    pvp is pretty fun if you accept it as it is

a silly mess with weird balance that changes patch to patch

I used to hate it but doing it in Warlords when I could enter at the same gear level has made it pretty fun

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »

a new life

Pfft.

UO. 1997.

Represent, yo.

• Options
    i really wish demonology didnt feel like the most awkward thing a videogame has ever tasked me with

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lmao if u ain't a swole demon 24/7

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Rep grinding is anti fun too but people still did it.

Like I said the ashran I did today had absolutely no pvp whatsoever and if I had the normal 1500 cap I would have been done in like 2 hours

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I think not enjoying pvp is a completely valid reason to not do pvp????? I'd rather spend time doing stuff I like with getting upgrades from the raid than cap conquest weekly

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Rep grinding is anti fun too but people still did it.

i don't rep grind either, if that makes any difference

hell i clear out my garrison mine like once a week. twice if i'm feeling really spunky.

• Options
    Rep grinding is anti fun too but people still did it

Because people are idiots.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    how dare you speak ill of huntera and his skull masks

and my ogri'la exalted

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I think not enjoying pvp is a completely valid reason to not do pvp????? I'd rather spend time doing stuff I like with getting upgrades from the raid than cap conquest weekly

but what happens when grommash is a pvpve fight

you will be unprepared!!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    the only way to damage grom is to stand by a flag until a bar fills up

• Options
    I did the Netherwing grind twice, ogri'la & skyguard both once and the laughing skull grind

If the titles were account-wide I'd probably do Steamwheedle Preservation Society and Arakkoa outcasts

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Not gonna be able to make it to raid until the last hour again, guys.

Murder the hell out of heroic mar'gok for me!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    I did the Netherwing grind twice, ogri'la & skyguard both once and the laughing skull grind

If the titles were account-wide I'd probably do Steamwheedle Preservation Society and Arakkoa outcasts

Oh god, they aren't account wide? That's awful.

mkc.png
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Huntera wrote: »

Oh god, they aren't account wide? That's awful.

yeah none of the draenor reps give account-wide titles

Hunterb is the only Masked Chuckler i'll ever have...

This discussion has been closed.