As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Year's Eve pin drop

1235»

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    It was a little strange to have 2 pins on the back. Guess it has to do with the size of the pin.

Also easier to stop it spinning.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no general thread elsewhere in the forums about the fuku bags -- given that they're not specific to pinny arcade -- so I guess this should be the place for opening pics.

Do any of you Washington people have an estimated delivery date of today? Mine isn't till Monday (and I'll be out of town Mon-Wed), so I need some opening pics to tantalize till I can dig into mine.
    The store wrote:
    a few particularly lucky bags will be filled with bonus items like particularly rare pins (he paused and winked)
    Maybe I'm just a starry-eyed optimist, but to me that says that at least one of these babies is going to have a DLC pin in them.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'd imagine it's more like Carls, 15th Anniversary, and maybe Valentines and/or MAYBE Hanna.

At this point, I think they are holding the remaining DLC pins for very specific uses.

(Says the guy hoping to find one in his bag...)

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they're better off being used for CP auctions at this point.

So since they had L back in stock I ended up buying one.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    If "particularly rare (wink)" refers to the Valentine's Day, that'd be kind of sad.

I could see them tossing in an Aus 2013 set or two into these bags -- we know some of them still exist in the warehouse.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    dmosinee wrote: »
    If "particularly rare (wink)" refers to the Valentine's Day, that'd be kind of sad.

I could see them considering CTS and Zombie Tycho "rare" at this point, so why not that one?

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    In before someone pulls out a handful of Age of Empires pins (probably me).

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    A Bag full of miss prints would be nice!!

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The store wrote:
    a few particularly lucky bags will be filled with bonus items like particularly rare pins (he paused and winked)
    Maybe I'm just a starry-eyed optimist, but to me that says that at least one of these babies is going to have a DLC pin in them.

I've got to admit, the particular wording used there did make me think that there might be a miniscule chance of a DLC pin popping up somewhere, hence my Fukubukuro purchase... Seeing as it is the first time they've done this I feel they are a little more likely to throw the kitchen sink at it.

Also, the bag will be attending PAX with me this year as a swag bag.

• Options
    DugzorDugzor Nerd, [E], and Semi-Pro Appreciator CT, USARegistered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no general thread elsewhere in the forums about the fuku bags -- given that they're not specific to pinny arcade -- so I guess this should be the place for opening pics.

I was thinking the same thing. I should be getting mine tomorrow, if the USPS tracking information is to be believed. I'd love to throw some pics up here.

Should that post be made in General? There doesn't seem to be a merch-related subforum, which is really a shame.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Mine arrived quite quickly in Maryland. I only ordered 1 pin and 1 Blind Box though, so easy to pack and ship out. It's so big!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got my pins, yeah it looks really nice in person, thought it'd be bigger though.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I just got my New Year pins and it looks like I have a miss print? Did anyone else get one of these?

Spot the Difference.
    2rqv75q7b4gn.jpg

SKOoOTA on
  • Options
    Actually i see a few differences on yours, gabes eye is missing on the right obviously, but tychos finger on the left is blue, and his hair is a little discoloured. Going to check mine, report back in a little bit

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Good spot, I didn't see the blue finger on the other.

• Options
    Nope, i have 3 and theyre all seemingly identical, nothing out of place or missing. Got two more arriving soon. Looks like you got a bad batch : /

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    What a QA fail. The moment they changed to the cheap envelopes all of our backer boards have been showing up bent. They need to fix both issues.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Actually i see a few differences on yours, gabes eye is missing on the right obviously, but tychos finger on the left is blue, and his hair is a little discoloured. Going to check mine, report back in a little bit

You missed that the second one is 2016!

Also all the glitter is in different spots!

• Options

You missed that the second one is 2016!

Also all the glitter is in different spots!

I didnt mention but all of yours look like theyve been microwaved for several minutes... sorry buddy

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I asked Ayebay to use his third spot to order me one and he instead ordered me 3 WHOOPS!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I didnt mention but all of yours look like theyve been microwaved for several minutes... sorry buddy

They do look shocking in that image, think it's the flash as they look great in real life, Just missing an eye.

SKOoOTA on
  • Options
    He's talking about the ones he bought me. And him microwaving them.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I got mine yesterday but I didn't look too closely at them, just picked one out to be mine, one out as a gift, and one as trade fodder. When I get home tonight I'm going to have to take a closer look to make sure they're all okay. :(

misskass on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I asked Ayebay to use his third spot to order me one and he instead ordered me 3 WHOOPS!

Sssssshhhhhhhh! Im trying to keep up an online charade that im some sort of Stephen hawking and not a fumbling pin obsessed maniac!

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Both NYE backer boards showed up in the mail bent. Moving to the envelopes might have been cost effective for them but now it seems like a regular assurance to get bent merch. I also liked when we used to get our pins in those clear plastic bags.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    I wrote customer service and requested replacement backings, which they sent out today.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I wrote customer service and requested replacement backings, which they sent out today.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Side Note: The NYE pin does look better in person.

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Honestly, I've given up hope that the backing cardboard will survive the trip to Australia. As long as the pin arrives in good condition, I'll consider it good enough

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    I don't expect everything to be perfect but I think we had better success when the pins were shipped in boxes, and were in the plastic sleeves.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    just got my 2 1 had a slight bend the outer was all good
    on a side note 1 of my posts was broken will email merch about it

foehammer on
  • Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't usually have any problems with my stuff, maybe it's because in order to make the aus shipping worthwhile I usually order enough to get a little pillow packed box instead of a bubble mailer?

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    mine was in a bubble mailer