As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like how sunshine and steak-skewers P4 up in the night is.

It seems like nobody has put Naoto's non-costume christmas-event on youtube.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I tried steak skewers at our local Japanese restaurant the other day and I have to say I completely understand Chie's obsession

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    The best part of that is Naoto finally isn't the most boring character in the cast.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    What? Did you forget about Rise?

Rise is awesome.

Naoto is an exposition machine.

camo_sig2.png

I like Rise the least. Probably followed by Teddy.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.

Do I get any kind of reprieve for liking Nanako?

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Are you suggesting there are people that don't?

Because I will murder their heartless monster bodies.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site

Not liking Nanako would be the only time it's completely appropriate to Godwin someone.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    I don't like Nanako.
    I love that kid!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Yeah as soon as I typed that I thought about that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where Spike thought he should get brownie points for not feeding off of accident victims.

• Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Nanako is great.
    Nanako's English voice actress...fingernails on chalkboard. (Like Fuuka, she is vastly better in Q. Recast, or better voice director?)

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You go and you scrub those filthy lies out of your dirty mouth right this instant

I will not tolerate these libelous and scurrilous writings about Karen Strassman, who is a wonder and a delight

You go and you scrub those filthy lies out of your dirty mouth right this instant

I will not tolerate these libelous and scurrilous writings about Karen Strassman, who is a wonder and a delight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnZiZLEiUc

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Obligatory Karen Strassman is based video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd-Yhaa8kTc

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    That is never not adorable.

camo_sig2.png

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I think Voice Acting is one of the most wonderful things in the world to my personal sensibilities. It fascinates me to a wondrous degree.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So I beat Old Doll but I still can't beat Lovely Doll. Weird. Lovely Doll's stupid AGI is way too high.

Going back in with Sukunda...

I haven't left the third dungeon yet.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Lovely Doll? You're probably (Disclaimer: This is not a strategy from someone who is "good" at this game) best off using Agility Bind. With Binding Hands, if you can. The agility is just WAY too high, you will want to remove the ability to dodge entirely. Old doll on the other hand I wound up having to Hamaon 35 times. So, congo rats on getting that done earlier!

MagicalGoats on
    There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    I had to dig up an older persona and get a skill card for Lethargy Circle, then keep that shit down. The agility is so high it dodges the circle a lot, but I got a couple of rounds of bolt link going on it and was eventually able to take it out.

Lovely Doll? You're probably (Disclaimer: This is not a strategy from someone who is "good" at this game) best off using Agility Bind. With Binding Hands, if you can. The agility is just WAY too high, you will want to remove the ability to dodge entirely. Old doll on the other hand I wound up having to Hamaon 35 times. So, congo rats on getting that done earlier!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this. I managed to kill her the second time around, using only Masukunda. I agree that agility bind would have been better, but I had a Queen Mab with Elec Boost and Masukunda sitting in the compendium. Lovely Doll is weak to Zio, and I am using a Thanatos with Infinite Link, plus my Thanatos user has learned Elec Link, so I murdered Lovely Doll in three rounds.

It helped that Kanji's Shura Instincts (Rakshasa) kicked in at the beginning of the fight and did over 2000 damage in a single round with Zanshinken (punctuated with bolt link hits).

It's amazing how much of a difference a couple of skills makes.

I didn't know you could Hama the Old Doll. I killed her mostly using cut and zio attacks. She's weak to like everything. Maybe I'll go farm her - my Naoto has Mahamaon and Impure Reach now.

I cannot overstate how amazing a maxed out Rakshasa with a default skill set is. Shura + Zanshinken alone is amazing.

edited January 2015
    I just started the second dungeon in Q. This feels like the part of Persona games I hate the most.

Where the dropped Personas don't cut it and I have to spend days grinding money for fusion after fusion to make some that do.

These damn little cherub things two shot anyone but Aigis.

Viskod on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I just started the second dungeon in Q. This feels like the part of Persona games I hate the most.

Where the dropped Personas don't cut it and I have to spend days grinding money for fusion after fusion to make some that do.

These damn little cherub things two shot anyone but Aigis.

The cherubs are tougher than the other random enemies. That's normal even if you're doing well.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • PewnyPewny Registered User regular
    Is Persona Q a little more forgiving than EO?

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Pewny wrote: »
    Is Persona Q a little more forgiving than EO?

Yes and no. Normal fights can be tougher due to weaknesses on your team. You get really good tools to cripple a single enemy as the game goes on though so FOEs and bosses feel more manageable.

You also can change up your skills more easily just by fusing a new persona compared to what you need to do in EO.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    I have yet to understand how people are surviving Shura Tensei. Especially during boss fights. But then, I do have a tendency to run around without a healer. Except Orpheus Telos. I'm going to keep him and his Healing Harp forever. I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
    I have yet to understand how people are surviving Shura Tensei. Especially during boss fights. But then, I do have a tendency to run around without a healer. Except Orpheus Telos. I'm going to keep him and his Healing Harp forever. I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.

Shura Tensei is a go-for-broke skill. If I can't win in a turn or two I'd rather my teammate just die so I can revive him.

Ahaha! I read about somebody on GameFAQs naming the protags "Simon Pegg" and "Nick Frost" to use Lucifer's "World's End".

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It is really nice to be able to say "You know what? I don't like this floor's FOE gimmick" and then just kill the FOE instead of putting up with it.

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote: »
    It is really nice to be able to say "You know what? I don't like this floor's FOE gimmick" and then just kill the FOE instead of putting up with it.

I'm trying NOT to do that. I like to think of the FOE gimmick as a puzzle, and I prefer puzzles to combat, and I feel like a cheat if I beat them. That said, I did it once or twice. In fact, I missed out on some dialogue because in the third labyrinth (spoilers)...
    I let the Old Doll follow me ALL THE WAY to the Cute Baby FOE that blocks you. I did not trap the Old Doll between lights. So it was CUTE BABY <-> ME <-> OLD DOLL in that final corridor. I just went ahead and killed the goddamned baby because I was tired of that room and then just ran forward past the Old Doll through the door.

Then I went back and killed the Old Doll who was super-easy.

But I'm currently on 4-2 and I've already defeated every foe I've encountered in the game except for...
    The Festival Dudes

Which I may work on right now.

I don't usually either, but 3-4 was just REALLY annoying me so I just said "screw it"

M A G I K A Z A M
    The Dudes are an eventual quest objective, so you may as well wait.

I don't usually either, but 3-4 was just REALLY annoying me so I just said "screw it"

Was that the same room I'm referring to in the first spoiler? I kind of forget what floor that was on in 3.
    Artereis wrote: »

Yeah, but one of Theo's unlockable items required two drops from the same FOE, plus getting the drops early can give you some excellent items. So I figure killing one early, if I can, should be cool.

I can survive their first attack anyway so I may stock up on restoratives and try.

Drez wrote: »

Was that the same room I'm referring to in the first spoiler? I kind of forget what floor that was on in 3.
    Artereis wrote: »

Yeah, but one of Theo's unlockable items required two drops from the same FOE, plus getting the drops early can give you some excellent items. So I figure killing one early, if I can, should be cool.

I can survive their first attack anyway so I may stock up on restoratives and try.
    Probably. from what it sounds like.

M A G I K A Z A M
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739685-persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth/71053619/809417456
    Geez, what a mess. Shinjiro's debuffing potential decreases with level? Chie's and Akihiko's crits can be nerfed by additional passives?
    Yukakikukeko's not-Amps are stronger than Amps and stack with Amps?
    I'm curious about Runic Shield and Aegis Shield.

Even though I think that every character except Teddie has some good uses in Persona Q, I'd describe Makoto, Yu, Koromaru, Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Junpei, Chie, Rei and Zen as a cut above.

Ted, you're lucky you look good.

• BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    I suppose I should have been in this thread a long time ago.

I just discovered Persona Q and I'm loving it so far. Down to floor three of the first dungeon.

Decided to go with the P3 cast :+1:

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
    Persona news live stream announced for February 4
    Atlus has just announced through the official Japanese Persona hub that it’ll be holding a special “news flash” live stream on Wednesday, February 4.

The stream, which is taking place the day before the Persona Super Live 2015 concert at the Nippon Budokan concert hall starting at 1:00 p.m. JST (making it 11:00 p.m. EST Tuesday night), will last for over 30 hours, featuring content that will “spare no expense at conveying the charms of the Persona seres,” including those new to the series, as well as more importantly featuring “a slew” of new news pertaining to the Persona franchise.

While the source post doesn’t explicitly mention that the Super Live 2015 concert proper will be included in the broadcast, its projected run time does overlap with the start of the show, which is currently set for 6:30 p.m. JST on Thursday, February 5. Links are not yet available, but Atlus announced that live stream will be available on both the Persona Channel page, as well as Niconico.

In the meantime, until midnight on January 30 JST, prospective viewers can also vote on their favorite song from the Persona series, as well as their favorite character from Persona 4 Golden. (Do note that the voting pages are obviously in Japanese.) Atlus is currently remaining mum on what it intends to do with the tallied votes, but has implied that they will play a role of some sort in the stream.

More information on the broadcast is said to be forthcoming at an unspecified date and time. Gematsu will provides updates on this story as they arrive.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA