As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South official pin announcement(s)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    IDK about you guys, but I'm really hoping that polygon pin shimmers me into blindness.

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My first time going into pin trading was at Prime... I thought it was fun.
    And hectic and chaotic and OH MY GOD PINS ARE EVERYWHERE HOLY JFDSKJFKWAJRW

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Next year I assume. Just like Aus in 2013, they did a cool design and then jumped to the logo in 2014.

That always seemed like they felt the AUS'13 logo pin should have fitted in better with the others, so they changed it, not some pax new location launch thing. But maybe.
    It's the first PAX South, they can't just bombard new collectors who also want to get the staff pins as well.

Yes that's why at our second PAX AUS we got so ma..... Oh. :P

I'm sure they'd take as many new pins as third parties were willing to do at a new PAX. This is how many were willing to take to South.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Noticed that there are no Bens OR Levins now in Staff set 1, is that new? or has Levins pin been missing for a while?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    They both no longer work at PA
    Levin left before Prime, but at that point he had already had a new pin so that was released.
    He was still at PAX though with trades.

As for the disappearance of their pins, Ben's pin has always been harder to snag in the States compared to AUS. Maybe they're trying to do the same thing here.

• Options
    oh yeah i know he doesnt work there, just didnt realise they removed his pin, looking at the aus 14 quest sheet it shows as still available, thats what i meant

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I really like that Sheriff badge pin.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Edit I cant do maths

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Diffusion wrote: »
    Well, better than 1200, at least. I imagine that these will look really cool when it's all four polygons right next to each other.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Where is this "Lite" booth, and where do I get in line Friday morning?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hey, I just saw this over at Wizards of the Coast site and it makes it seem like the pin is separate from the prize wall.

"Veterans will find a selection of scheduled and on-demand events that they can compete in, which cover a variety of formats. Earn Prize Tix in the events you compete in, then redeem those Prize Tix at the Prize Wall for things like booster packs, rare cards, and more! Come battle against R&D members Kimblerly Kreines and Allison Medwin, who will be spellslinging throughout the weekend!

PAX South attendees can also pick up a limited edition Pinny Arcade pin featuring Ugin!"

Here's the link for all interested parties http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/fact-sheet-pax-south-2015

• Options
    Hingo wrote: »
    Where is this "Lite" booth, and where do I get in line Friday morning?

The "lite" booth is right next to the info booth, and is before you enter the queue room / expo hall.

My pins are right here!
  • Options
    KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Noticed that there are no Bens OR Levins now in Staff set 1, is that new? or has Levins pin been missing for a while?
    Even more fun, the announcement picture has Levin's Hobby Pin, but it's not on the Pin Quest checklist. SECRET PIN!

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    If they end up selling that game at retail price for the pin (aka the $25), I'm just going to laugh because that pin is just not that worth that price.

Hopefully they are planning on having a discount on it.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    If they end up selling that game at retail price for the pin (aka the $25), I'm just going to laugh because that pin is just not that worth that price.

Hopefully they are planning on having a discount on it.

Agreed. It's a pretty lame design, and should be free without purchase. I wonder how uninspired pins like this make it to production?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Will anyone with some experience care to guess as to how much the buyable pins will cost? I forget how much Scott & Kris usually charge for their pins.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    Pins typically sell for $15-$25. Most are $15 (I think there may have been a few in the past for $10).

• Options
    so now that ive had the day to get the initial OMFG NEW PINS I MUST HAVE ALL TUJFJFTJTYR H7YT FRU6JFRT DEHYTFD RH6TRHJFV RKJIYHGUJYG out of my system, its been enough time to properly analyse and review them all and am able to give an opinion that can be considered legible by human eyes.

ill go from bottom to top of the announcement image:

LE Polygon: Just like the 10 year shields, i can already tell that this design side by side with its east/prime/aus counterparts are going to look amazing together, changing the two tone colours in the middle, making the X shiney or reflective. Awesome.

South set: "Welcome home" badge, great idea. the other 3? not great. cowboy gabe is ok at best. Tycho should be wearing an outfit, looks too bland like that. crockett kemper, eh...

LRR Sheriff Spoopifer: not bad, simple design, on face value not as memorable as their others i dont think.

Broodhollow Iris: Great, in a pose that matches her persona in the comic, goes well with the other broodhollow pin

PVP Giddyup: same here, great design, memorable pose

Trendy Ent cannon tower: In general i think characters work best as pins, or a good logo/icon can be really effective, but i think objects lose a lot of appeal just by being...objects.. there are exceptions of course, the hearthstone cards, talent pipes look great. Might be suprised when i see it in person but it doesnt say much to me now.

GTG Baron: Pretty good, reminds me of Sarkhan from AUS last year, which was one of my favourite of the show.

MTG Ugin: YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

undead labs: both of these look good, like the colours

Nobody can really tell for sure how a pin will look, and im always to be suprised at a pin that looks better than id originally thought.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    South set: "Welcome home" badge, great idea. the other 3? not great. cowboy gabe is ok at best. Tycho should be wearing an outfit, looks too bland like that. crockett kemper, eh...

Agreed. Seems like a missed opportunity for a Sand set. Also Davy Crockett died at Alamo but he was from Tennessee. This set seems really phoned in.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Why is there always a pain in the ass to get pin each show? Looks like it's Wizards turn...

"PINNY ARCADE EXCLUSIVE
    Get this limited edition PAX South Pinny Arcade pin featuring Ugin, the Spirit Dragon! These pins are available as a prize on teh Prize Wall in the Magic tournament space in the Tabletop Area (Exhibit Hall D)."

• Options
    SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    Agree with @Ayefkay‌

I don't see how the Undead labs pins tie in with state of decay, well maybe the right one is kind of like a zombie from the game but the left cat thing I never came across in my journey through the game.
    And seeing we already had a David Crockett Hat themed pin from prime. Maybe a Kemper with spurs and boots dressed as a cowboy should have been the way to go.

Having said that though.... I still must collect them all!!!

• Options
    SKOoOTA wrote: »

Having said that though.... I still must collect them all!!!

oh, yeah i want all of them still no doubt :P

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You're all nuts.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »

Agreed. Seems like a missed opportunity for a Sand set. Also Davy Crockett died at Alamo but he was from Tennessee. This set seems really phoned in.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/09/08/undisclosed-propensities-part-i

For those who are unaware, the South Set is a call back to a decade old 6 part comic run that occurred during Gabe Actual's Birth. Tycho isn't wearing an outfit because he is The Eye Of The Goddamn Storm.

Kemper is wearing the Crockett hat because Cute.

• Options
    Whilst I would love a Sand Set, I suspect that kind of thing will be used to tie in with the comic when they do another instalment.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    You mean he didn't just change it recently?!

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oooooo, new pins!

Geometric Cube on
  • Options
    HejenergyHejenergy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/09/08/undisclosed-propensities-part-i

For those who are unaware, the South Set is a call back to a decade old 6 part comic run that occurred during Gabe Actual's Birth. Tycho isn't wearing an outfit because he is The Eye Of The Goddamn Storm.

Kemper is wearing the Crockett hat because Cute.

Good call Pedro. I had forgotten about that series...

Hejenergy on
  • Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Never forget, the Dixie Twist...

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    I guess it could have been worse...they could have just put Kemper in an Alamo Rent-a-Car.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    SKOoOTA wrote: »
    Agree with @Ayefkay‌

I don't see how the Undead labs pins tie in with state of decay, well maybe the right one is kind of like a zombie from the game but the left cat thing I never came across in my journey through the game.
    The zombie one is for State of Decay, the other pin is for Moonrise, their tablet pokemon-style game they had at Prime 2014.

Edit: As for the Dungeon Defenders pin, I am sad they didn't use one of their characters (or an entire set of characters). I have 172 hours of play time in the original Dungeon Defenders game and enjoyed the hell out of it. Couch co-op tower defense 3rd person shooter game? Yes please! I know they are presenting DD2 at PAX South, but I know for certain the DD1 characters would've looked awesome as pins:
    header.jpg?t=1412723203

Hingo on
    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    @SKOoOTA‌ in addition to State of Decay, Undead Labs also makes Moonrise, which is what the 'cat thing' is from,

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @Hingo‌ and @Sammy.Sam - Cheers guys I didn't even make the connection with Moonrise, Thought I was missing a really awesome State of Decay DLC or something.

SKOoOTA on
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    I'm just glad that once again, Undead Labs willing be giving out their pins for playing demos instead of having to buy them. Gives my wallet some relief.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Awesome Sammy.Sam, Keep us updated if you hear any other news on Vendors. :D

Updating my guesstimate list now.

SKOoOTA on
  • Options
    It's only Undead Labs that will offering a pin for playing a demo of their game, the rest will be a purchase made from their booths.
    y1zexth353qh.png
    otvb7zs89bi1.png
    ujbmem10ah4k.png
    1m5lj66sznt5.png

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Great work Skoooooooooota!

ChMDm4Y.png