As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South 2015 Q&A

• RootPCRootPC Registered User regular
    It seems I still haven't received my tickets, showclix shows as shipped and it's the right address. I do know where I live it takes a lot longer for things to get mailed here, so should I be worried yet?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    RootPC wrote: »
    It seems I still haven't received my tickets, showclix shows as shipped and it's the right address. I do know where I live it takes a lot longer for things to get mailed here, so should I be worried yet?
    If you haven't received them by the end of the week, email pax_questions@paxsite.com and explain your situation.

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Aggress wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    There should be other stuff on them that proves they're legit, but it would be silly to advertise what is, now wouldn't it?
    Firstly I assure you my intentions are not malicious.
    Secondly my inquiry was not limited to the badges. It is my first PAX so I didn't know if they add a sticker or something is on to the lanyard. The answer I sought did not require details, just verification =)

They have a serial number, a hologram, and an embossing if memory serves. And all you need is the badge itself. No stamps, stickers, decals, dongles, or code wheels
    You are correct on all three, thanks.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but will there be shuttle services like at PAX East at South? I can't seem to find any info which would normally indicate no, but I can be blind on occasion.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • kornpoppskornpopps Registered User new member
    i know someone posted on here about the via service. you need to put 52020 as the number you want to text to and the you want to enter the bus stop number like 12345 as the message and it will tell you the time the bus arrives. also we just had an opening of an aquarium open in December/January. i think its like $20 to get in but im not to sure. also if your looking for something really fun there is also a K1 speed located off of loop 410 near ingram road going toward sea world (stay on the access road) its $6 for a racing licence and about $23 for a single race. each race is maybe 10-14 depending if you have yellow flags but the wait just to get racing will hurt. it can be anywhere from get to the pits to an hour plus if there are a lot of people. also if your going to visit k1 speed the carts are stupid fast.

edited January 2015
    Not that I know of. Unlike East, most of the hotels are very close to the convention center. I'll ask around to confirm though.

zerzhul on
    kornpopps wrote: »
    i know someone posted on here about the via service. you need to put 52020 as the number you want to text to and the you want to enter the bus stop number like 12345 as the message and it will tell you the time the bus arrives. also we just had an opening of an aquarium open in December/January. i think its like $20 to get in but im not to sure. also if your looking for something really fun there is also a K1 speed located off of loop 410 near ingram road going toward sea world (stay on the access road) its $6 for a racing licence and about $23 for a single race. each race is maybe 10-14 depending if you have yellow flags but the wait just to get racing will hurt. it can be anywhere from get to the pits to an hour plus if there are a lot of people. also if your going to visit k1 speed the carts are stupid fast.

I mean from the hotels to the convention center. In Boston, they have buses that go around to a bunch of hotels (think Disney TTC) and pick everyone up and then deliver them back to the hotel at varying times during the day.

I have confirmed with PAX that there will not be PAX-run shuttles for PAX South.

• kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I have confirmed with PAX that there will not be PAX-run shuttles for PAX South.
    dang oh well, I'll hoof it or take a cab

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular

Thanks for the investigating. Hopefully the weather will give us some relief instead.

This space for rent
  • KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    Ran a search, sorry if this has already been asked.

Does anybody have experience with the venue and know how hot/cold it is inside usually? For PAX East half the place will warrant a coat and the other half I'll be wishing I was wearing shorts. Wondering if the convention center is the same.

• MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    Keitre wrote: »
    Ran a search, sorry if this has already been asked.

Does anybody have experience with the venue and know how hot/cold it is inside usually? For PAX East half the place will warrant a coat and the other half I'll be wishing I was wearing shorts. Wondering if the convention center is the same.

I know that when we vend there, in the room where we have always vended (Hall A/B, I think, they can be opened up so they are one big exhibit area) is FREEZING, but I think that is primarily because they blast the AC at full power and we are not moving around too much, as vendors. It has gotten to the point that if you are a vendor there, you learn to bring extra sweatshirts, blankets, etc, and woe unto you if your booth is under one of the AC vents. When we attend events there, I don't remember it being an issue since we are walking around more. Still, if you are not going in costume, it might not be a bad idea just to grab a sweatshirt or put on a long-sleeve t-shirt underneath whatever else you're wearing that you can always take off if you start to get warm. Plus the weather here the last couple weeks has been cold (for us), but it is supposed to be back up in the 60s next week.

• KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Nuts! Ah well. At least my hotel is fairly near to the convention center. :+1:

• yoobingsooyoobingsoo Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if there will be lockers or some sort of place to store our stuff? I'm cosplaying and will be carrying around a sword and shield so it would be a bit cumbersome to carry around a backpack as well.

Do we know if there is a Thursday will-call pickup available?

Do we know if there is a Thursday will-call pickup available?
    Every other recent PAX has had that, so I will assume that this one will as well. Keep an eye on the official pax twitter for times.

Khoo just confirmed to me on twitter. After 2pm

• RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    yoobingsoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be lockers or some sort of place to store our stuff? I'm cosplaying and will be carrying around a sword and shield so it would be a bit cumbersome to carry around a backpack as well.

There has typically been a coat/bag check. I would look at the guide map for that somewhere.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Khoo just confirmed to me on twitter. After 2pm
    @theoriginalz‌ the forums will post twitter comments if you just copy and paste the direct links to them:

Hingo on
    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    Good tip @Hingo‌. Thanks!

Rhyker wrote: »

There has typically been a coat/bag check. I would look at the guide map for that somewhere.
    Only at PAX East has there typically been a coat/bag check. PAX Prime doesn't have one.

I haven't heard yet whether or not there will be one for South.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    That's fine and dandy, but where do I park my horse?

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Rhyker wrote: »

Only at PAX East has there typically been a coat/bag check. PAX Prime doesn't have one.

I haven't heard yet whether or not there will be one for South.

I didn't see one on the map, and the SA Convention Center maps don't seem to have anything marked lockers/coats, or such.

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    That's fine and dandy, but where do I park my horse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlhOKwjaiSU

edited January 2015
    I was just told that there will be a coat/bag check at south, but i have no detailed info on it. I suggest asking the official pax twitter or pax_questions@paxsite.com for more details. Chances are it will be run by the convention center if it is there, but that's just a guess on my part.

The one for east isn't on the map either ;)

zerzhul on
  • MrMacintoshMrMacintosh Registered User new member
    Do you think a bike will be allowed in Pax? It's a cosplay question.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    At the very least, it wouldn't be allowed in the Expo Hall. It violates their safety policies. But it'd probably be an annoyance to others everywhere.

• MrMacintoshMrMacintosh Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    At the very least, it wouldn't be allowed in the Expo Hall. It violates their safety policies. But it'd probably be an annoyance to others everywhere.
    It's one of my cosplay ideas. Won't exactly do it. It would have been great. Was just wondering considering stuff like Angry Luigi in his go kart at one con. Figured I should ask.

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Just as a heads up, today is the first day we have seen sun for more than 30 minutes here in Houston. I have been watching weather and it looks like Thursday will be rainy and semi-cold again(40s) and Friday same temp but less rain. Hoping it changes for the better but I check everyday :/

• AuRora7AuRora7 Registered User new member
    Hi guys!

If I want to play in the UT2k4 (PC) tournament on friday 4:00 to 5:00pm - do I only need to purchase the 30 dollar friday badge? Are those PC tournaments, specifically the UT2k4 event, a BYOC event that I would need to bring my own machine *and* pay extra for BYOC access to play in? OR will that event be hosted by PAX computers?

Thanks so much!

• crazypayne93crazypayne93 Registered User new member
    So, I'm waiting for my Pax South tickets. For me, the method of shipping is "Standard Mail", which usually takes about 7 - 10 business days and since they don't ship mail on Sunday, Monday will be the 9th day. I emailed Pax to let them know my situation. I really hope I get my tickets on Monday.

RootPC wrote: »

Did you get your tickets yet? I'm located in Dallas and I still haven't received mine.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    AuRora7 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

If I want to play in the UT2k4 (PC) tournament on friday 4:00 to 5:00pm - do I only need to purchase the 30 dollar friday badge? Are those PC tournaments, specifically the UT2k4 event, a BYOC event that I would need to bring my own machine *and* pay extra for BYOC access to play in? OR will that event be hosted by PAX computers?

Thanks so much!

1. Yes.
    2. No, tourney PCs are provided.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    I'm convinced that I won't get the tickets in time. Which annoys me and frustrate me, because some people in austin have already gotten their tickets and i'm still waiting. Standard Mail sucks. And the fact that mail won't be delivered on Sunday or Monday doesn't help. Great. Looks like I just wasted 60 dollars for tickets that haven't shown up. I emailed Pax and currently waiting a response from them. I really hope they respond because I'm tired of waiting for the passes

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I'm convinced that I won't get the tickets in time. Which annoys me and frustrate me, because some people in austin have already gotten their tickets and i'm still waiting. Standard Mail sucks. And the fact that mail won't be delivered on Sunday or Monday doesn't help. Great. Looks like I just wasted 60 dollars for tickets that haven't shown up. I emailed Pax and currently waiting a response from them. I really hope they respond because I'm tired of waiting for the passes

If your passes do not arrive before you leave for San Antonio, please bring your registration confirmation with you to PAX and take it to the registration/will call booth. They should be able to help you there.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    So, I'm waiting for my Pax South tickets. For me, the method of shipping is "Standard Mail", which usually takes about 7 - 10 business days and since they don't ship mail on Sunday, Monday will be the 9th day. I emailed Pax to let them know my situation. I really hope I get my tickets on Monday.

No mail this Monday due to postal holiday

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • 725roy725roy Registered User regular
    I also haven't gotten my 3 Day passes that I ordered. At this point, do I just bring the receipt and show it to people?

Email pax_questions@paxsite.com first, but yes the general thing is to bring your confirmation and ID to registration at PAX if your badge doesn't show up.

• AlleykatdenAlleykatden Registered User regular
    Regarding lockers, we called the convention center and asked and no there are no lockers there.

This discussion has been closed.