As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh man I can't wait to get home and play this. I'll probably be streaming my playthrough starting at 7pm EST at twitch.tv/urahonky if you're interested.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Man...sexy Chris is sexy. Also this game looks AWESOME. I still can't believe how well it holds up.
    wcf25i6xga8p.jpg

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I just wish there was a way to also put Jill in her alternate outfit at the same time Chris is. Seems like an easily fixable oversight.

But it's rather jarring to see Chris in his high res, high poly-count BSAA skin from the Revelations series, and then see him standing next to low(er) res, lower poly-count Jill in her classic STARS outfit.

I've gotten to the point recently where I pretty much consider the Revelations skins to be my favorite, for everyone. Probably because Revelations is my favorite game in the series. It has the best mix of atmosphere, tension, and action.

I'd love to see Leon in a future Revelations game.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm reading reviews while waiting for updates at work, and I'm really happy that almost all of them are saying "This is great, but can we have the same for RE2 please?" I really hope that Capcom sees these positive reviews with the 30,000+ signatures petition to remake RE2 and just does it. Considering Hiroyuki said that it wasn't out of the question in an interview back in 2012, I hope the success and raving reviews make it happen.

Man, I don't know. I just don't think they have the time/budget to pull it off. Maybe in a non rendered TPS way? Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy this game as much as I can :).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Man, I don't know. I just don't think they have the time/budget to pull it off. Maybe in a non rendered TPS way? Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy this game as much as I can :).

I mean what else announced are they working on besides Revelations 2?

Sony funded games? :(

I don't want to turn this into a Capcom downer thread but besides the upcoming DMC remasters and whatever Deep Down is...yeah it looks pretty barren.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I played up to the first save room last night, and got an achievement for killing a zombie.

Really going to sink my teeth into it tonight.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    New Chris does not fit at all in this game. He looks so out of place.

• Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    It's hilarious that he has a dozen visible pockets but can still only hold six items.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    It's all filled with protein shake powder.

Dude just eats it raw.

newSig.jpg
    Never played RE before and I feel like I should have started as Jill rather than Chris. I have no idea what I'm doing and the inventory space is frustrating the hell out of me.

• Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Bubby wrote: »
    Never played RE before and I feel like I should have started as Jill rather than Chris. I have no idea what I'm doing and the inventory space is frustrating the hell out of me.

Yep. Never played the game before myself, but from what I understand, Jill is the easy mode character compared to Chris. More inventory space, can get the shotgun early, eventual grenade launcher, lockpick. Maybe some more stuff, maybe less, I dont remember

Emperor_Z on
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Argh! My backlog!

I think it's about time I quit my job, go on welfare and just play video games all day until I finish my Steam library.

steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

So does Jill with her bizzare boob-jiggle physics.

Magic Pink on
    Also Barry > Rebecca.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I just wish there was a way to also put Jill in her alternate outfit at the same time Chris is. Seems like an easily fixable oversight.

But it's rather jarring to see Chris in his high res, high poly-count BSAA skin from the Revelations series, and then see him standing next to low(er) res, lower poly-count Jill in her classic STARS outfit.

I've gotten to the point recently where I pretty much consider the Revelations skins to be my favorite, for everyone. Probably because Revelations is my favorite game in the series. It has the best mix of atmosphere, tension, and action.

I'd love to see Leon in a future Revelations game.

Huh... I just realized that I didn't finish Revelations. I was playing it recently, made it to chapter 10, then completely forgot about.

Meh.

steam_sig.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Yep. Never played the game before myself, but from what I understand, Jill is the easy mode character compared to Chris. More inventory space, can get the shotgun early, eventual grenade launcher, lockpick. Maybe some more stuff, maybe less, I dont remember

I'm sure this has been fixed, or patched since the original release, but Jill also had a sweet infinite grenade launcher ammo glicth in the Gamecube version of REmake. That was fun times.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Magic Pink wrote: »

So does Jill with her bizzare boob-jiggle physics.

Ohhh man... that's awful.

That looks like an animator on the last day before the deadline was like "Hey! Check this out..."

steam_sig.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that was added in the GC remake.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

I played the heck out of that and I never remember seeing boob jiggle. I'm almost positive they weren't in there.

And even if they were, what the fuck. They're stupid as hell. Where's Chris' ball jiggle or ass jiggle?

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Chris needs a Mount-Your-Friends mode.

• Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    I can assure you that the boob jiggle is NOT in the GC/Wii remake. Why yes, I have been split screening them. Don't judge me!

http://www.twitch.tv/urahonky/

Playing it on the PC now.

• DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »

I played the heck out of that and I never remember seeing boob jiggle. I'm almost positive they weren't in there.

And even if they were, what the fuck. They're stupid as hell. Where's Chris' ball jiggle or ass jiggle?

I don't remember it either, but everyone I've heard from around the internet seems pretty sure it was in the GC version, and it was just harder to tell due to the lower resolution.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I would pay for DLC that adds ball jiggle to Ol' Thunderarms Redfield.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Hmm, yeah, after watching some clips the jiggle is real in the GC version. It's just way more subtle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdv12au4sqdW8ybGVfbDRKNEU/view

I can't believe it's been 12 years since the GC version. Makes me feel old.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    I can't believe it's been 12 years since the GC version. Makes me feel old.

it's been 19 years since re1 on psx, grandpa. (oh my god we're all old :| )

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey guys

Remember demo discs

I played the shit out of the Ps1 demo disc. NO REGRETS!

Didnt RE2 had a demo too? I think it was only the Raccoon city area...and I played that a lot too!

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    i think the re2 one came with the directors cut of re1 and ran all the way up when you meet claire in the police station.

fuck, that got a lot of play time back in the day.

It's official. I don't remember shit about this version.

edited January 2015
    Wow, I knew ammo wasn't plentiful in this game, but it didn't take long for me to screw myself over.

Pretty sure my current options are to either use the dog whistle and fight the dog it summons, or get past a dog in another outdoors room to get to another area of unknown benefit. Unfortunately, I have zero ammo.

Let me tell you, knife fighting dogs is not an easy route to take. It's a route with death. A lot of death.

EDIT: Door behind the dog was locked. Only visible route is to knife fight the other dog (which I think gets me a fake key so I can get the armor key?). Prospects poor. Maybe start the game over?

EDIT2: Forgot that I ignored an area because I didnt want to try to wiggle past the zombies. Found the broken shotgun. Crisis averted for the time being. Though I'm growing concerned that I'm going to be swimming in Crimson Heads soon with no way to fight them

Emperor_Z on
    Wow, I knew ammo wasn't plentiful in this game, but it didn't take long for me to screw myself over.

Pretty sure my current options are to either use the dog whistle and fight the dog it summons, or get past a dog in another outdoors room to get to another area of unknown benefit. Unfortunately, I have zero ammo.

Let me tell you, knife fighting dogs is not an easy route to take. It's a route with death. A lot of death.

EDIT: Door behind the dog was locked. Only visible route is to knife fight the other dog (which I think gets me a fake key so I can get the armor key?). Prospects poor. Maybe start the game over?

EDIT2: Forgot that I ignored an area because I didnt want to try to wiggle past the zombies. Found the broken shotgun. Crisis averted for the time being. Though I'm growing concerned that I'm going to be swimming in Crimson Heads soon with no way to fight them

You get the lighter in one of the main rooms upstairs. You should be able to get it if you have the Sword Key.

I ran into 2 crimson heads already. Really scary stuff.

urahonky wrote: »

You get the lighter in one of the main rooms upstairs. You should be able to get it if you have the Sword Key.

I ran into 2 crimson heads already. Really scary stuff.

I have it, but the amount of kerosene readily available to me isn't enough to clear all the bodies, and I don't know which ones should be high priority. Plus, I've spent way too much time wandering around, so I bet they'll pop up really soon

Yeah, I keep seeing bodies on the ground and thinking that they're going to go crimson any minute.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The IGN review made it sound like there were Crimson Heads in the original PSX version. I don't remember that being the case. Was it? I thought that was new in the GCN version.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    The IGN review made it sound like there were Crimson Heads in the original PSX version. I don't remember that being the case. Was it? I thought that was new in the GCN version.
    It was new. why you goin to ign??

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    There's also that other terrifying thing that was added for the Gamecube version. You all know what I'm talking about.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.