As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    @‌Le_Goat Thanks for being a champ and putting everything together!
    I'm unfortunately one of those people you just can't please this go-around. That is just too big of a stein for me. Maybe next year!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    @‌Le_Goat Thanks for being a champ and putting everything together!
    I'm unfortunately one of those people you just can't please this go-around. That is just too big of a stein for me. Maybe next year!
    I knew going into this that some people were not going to want in on some options; that's the sad reality of customizing things. Sorry this year's stein isn't to your likings, but I definitely appreciate all the feedback and voting.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'd like to state that I'm only afraid of penguins that sit on top of the television set.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Put in mine, hoping a lot of people are interested, b/c Dang these are pricey if not.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    I put mine down for 3 steins. Can't wait to see the final number!

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Any chance for a running tally of the total number of steins people are interested in?
    I mean, the price drops in half at 72, that would probably get me to pick up a second one.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Any chance for a running tally of the total number of steins people are interested in?
    I mean, the price drops in half at 72, that would probably get me to pick up a second one.
    Absolutely. The current count is at 40; make that 42 (also the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything). I'll try to update the totals daily.
    5 people are afraid of penguins, and most seem to think that they either are or may be a mythological creature.

If we start to approach the 72 mark, I'm probably just going to flat out order 72. It'll make things much cheaper for everyone and I'm pretty sure there will be some people (like at Pre-PAX Gaming Night) that may look over and say "Woah, do you have any extras?" And if you know anyone that would seriously jump in on this, feel free to spread the word. This is the epitome of "the more the merrier."

...I've also been thinking: There is an option to select which side of the glass (front or back or both) to print the logo on. Should we have one last vote on that?

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    most seem to think that they either are or may be a mythological creature.

Well, you never know, right?
    There's always the possibility that humans are a scary mythological creature to some other race.
    Please note, I just looked for the most recent version of that chain of comments, no idea what else is on that particular tumblr, explore at your own risk.
    ...I've also been thinking: There is an option to select which side of the glass (front or back or both) to print the logo on. Should we have one last vote on that?

I want to see the logo when I drink from it.. but I also want others to see it.. Does printing it on both sides increase the cost?

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »

I want to see the logo when I drink from it.. but I also want others to see it.. Does printing it on both sides increase the cost?
    The additional cost is pretty small, but worth noting. For instance: for a 42-unit order, the additional cost is $10.40 total, which is basically $0.25 per unit. For a 72-unit order, the additional cost is $18.00 total (also $0.25).

• Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular

The additional cost is pretty small, but worth noting. For instance: for a 42-unit order, the additional cost is $10.40 total, which is basically $0.25 per unit. For a 72-unit order, the additional cost is $18.00 total (also $0.25).

I think with the 24oz stein having a front and back logo would be awesome. If the stein was any smaller then one logo is enough. I wouldn't mind paying the extra to have two logos.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    edited January 2015

I think with the 24oz stein having a front and back logo would be awesome. If the stein was any smaller then one logo is enough. I wouldn't mind paying the extra to have two logos.
    Let us put it to another vote then. Something tells me most would agree, but I don't want to make the assumption.

Logo Placement Form:
    When submitting your answer, imagine that you are holding the stein by its handle in your right hand. You have the following choices:
    • Front only: The logo faces you; it is just like the current image that we've all been looking at
    • Rear only: The logo is facing away from you
    • Both front and rear: this costs 25 cents more per unit

I apologize that I didn't realize this sooner. Still, better a bit late than never.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    These look pretty awesome I'd be down to get 2 :)

• Options
    We are currently at 54 units. The next break is at 66. I'm feeling pretty good about things right now!

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Decided to stop being a lurker :P

Will put an intent to order for 1. This looks great :D

Edit: if I miss pre-Pax gaming night, where else can I pick up?

SinoSamba on
    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    When submitting your answer, imagine that you are holding the stein by its handle in your right hand.

But...I'm a leftie

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Fantastic news, fellow PAXers! We are at 78 units! That means we've broken the 72-unit barrier, which in turn means cheap steins! It certainly is a Fetivus for the rest of us!

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Got my eyes set on the illusive $10 and change stein!

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I'm in for two! The only penguin I fear is Gunter from Adventure Time -- he is the most evil being in Ooo, after all.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Woot!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    someguy25someguy25 Registered User new member
    Count me in for ONE as well.

Awesome idea!

• Options
    Xavier1216 wrote: »
    I'm in for two! The only penguin I fear is Gunter from Adventure Time -- he is the most evil being in Ooo, after all.
    Am I the only one that fear the Bud Ice penguin?
    http://youtu.be/W3ksf3Oe8cU

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Xavier1216 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that fear the Bud Ice penguin?
    http://youtu.be/W3ksf3Oe8cU

That's okay. Labatt-drinking Highlander Michael Ironsides will protect us from him.

http://youtu.be/DNTmHfCvnYc

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Awesome news looking forward to these :)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Just a heads up: The schedule listed in the OP is going to change a bit. The vendor has said that the total turnaround is 2-3 weeks, not just 2 weeks; my interpretation was the mistake. This shouldn't be major.

Here is the new schedule (red = change):
    Jan. 16th - 21st: Intent to Purchase form available.
    Jan. 21st - Jan. 30th: Submit Payments via GoFundMe
    Jan. 31st: Order officially submitted
    Feb. 20th: Order should arrive in Boston
    March 5th: Pre-PAX Gaming night - First meetup to hand out steins

Once the Intent to Purchase form is closed, I will provide everyone with the total cost. This cost will be:
    the base cost from the vendor* + logo charge** + GoFundMe charges***
    Extra steins will be ordered. Those steins will be sold at PAX events for a rounded up price to make things easier to deal with. All funds surplus will be donated to Child's Play. At the end of PAX, I will release a balance sheet dealing with the entire process.

*Per unit + setup charges + shipping - any discounts
    **If the vote passes for both sides, it will be $0.25 extra; otherwise, there will be no extra charge
    ***The cost is 7.9% + $0.30

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    Le_Goat, you should add a tiny surcharge, to deal with unforeseen expenses, like 20¢ or 25¢ per glass.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    Fantastic news, fellow PAXers! We are at 78 units! That means we've broken the 72-unit barrier, which in turn means cheap steins! It certainly is a Fetivus for the rest of us!

Updated My Journal Vote.

• Options
    With 27 votes in, it's overwhelmingly in favor of the logo being on both sides. Even if the other 20 voters chime in, there's no way the other two can catch up:
    hnm7ikrndbml.png

I think it is fair to say that the logo is going to be on both sides. This increases the cost per unit by $0.25.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's the cost breakdown, along with explanation of the calculations: (spoiled for size):
    9me9vouk714s.jpg
    The Final Rounded Cost is the cost per stein when you go to place your order in the GoFundMe page.

What I listed before were cost per unit only from the vendor, without taking into consideration the GoFundMe charges. GoFundMe charges 7.9% of the total donations received, plus $0.30 for each donation. In order to make everything simplified, I'm just adding $0.30 to each stein. Trying to give a different cost per order is too hectic and confusing, so I just bundled it together as a per-stein cost. From there, I've rounded up to a normal 25-cent mark, with the exception where the 25-cent mark is just too close to the original. This leads to the surplus column, which is just a floor estimate and does not take into account the $0.30 extra for those who order more than one.

The surplus is not going to be huge, and I estimate that the extra $0.30 for those who order more will be around $20. My guess is that if my calculations are 100% on the money, there will be an extra $50 when all is said and done. In reality, that $50 will go towards any unforeseen expenses*; if there are any such expenses, I will post them in here. Anything that is left over will be donated to Child's Play.

I hope everyone is okay with the pricing structure I've laid out here. I think that it's a pretty fair system to cover all expenses and in the end, we all benefit as do the wee lads and lasses. As I've stated before, I believe in full transparency, so here it is... totally laid out for all to see. If this breakdown and final price per unit alters your purchasing decision, please make sure to adjust your entry in the Intent to Purchase form (or send me a link if you cannot do so yourself).

*A good example would be a cab ride from my work to/from Pre-PAX Gaming night, because I'm not going to push 96 tankards through rough concrete terrain down to the hotel, so I have no problem throwing out $5-10 to ensure their safe delivery.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    What's the price Le_Goat? Take my damn money already!
    Edit: tossed in $13 for 1 stein. If it's less, keep the change, if it's more, I'll toss in more.

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    hsu wrote: »
    What's the price Le_Goat? Take my damn money already.

Based on the current intent to buy of 72 units it looks like an overall total cost of $13 (rounded up). But this could change, a little, if a large group of lurkers decides that they want to buy some as well....lurkers just saying.....

I'm sure Le_Goat will update us with the final intent count and cost shorlty. He's been doing a great job communicating to the forum, so no worries. Keep it up!

flashe on
  • Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Payment submitted to GoFundMe :D
    What if we miss hotel game night...will there be an alternate pick up location for the steins?

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Cool, I'm definitely still in for my order. Also, if anyone wants to coordinate, I'd be happy to pick up orders if we won't have an arranged second pick up time. I'd be available before the con any morning at the Westin lobby eg. Stoked this is coming together. Now just waiting for my new place to get internet

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Ehh it's looking cheap enough and this one is way bigger than my current one so may jump in for one. Just wondering how this is working though. We're paying through gofundme? How will you know which of us have ordered? I think last time I either paid Punzie at PrePax tabletop or had paid whoever headed the project through paypal. With no tiers how do I make sure I pay and have it be known that I actually paid?

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    GoFundMe gives you the option to send a note along with the donation, so you can tell him your forum name, it also gives your real name to the person being donated to (though you can make your donation anonymous to everyone else) which could help with identifying people at distribution time.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Uh... sooo maybe I should not have added the GoFundMe page just yet. 2 people have submitted payments, but for different amounts. The Intent to Purchase form is officially still open today, so I don't have the final count yet, and therefor the price is not set. I threw out the page so that everyone knew it was there and could take a looksies. If you submitted a payment, please send me a PM; you'll be refunded any extra amount. I apologize for any confusion with that.

The current count is at 95. If this stays the same by the end of the day, I'll probably make it 108. I'd like some wiggle room should any break, and if there are extras, I doubt that it would be hard to sell.

Until I close the Intent to Purchase form today, Do Not Submit Any Payments via GoFundMe.
    NOTE: I've used the mega red font just to bring it to everyone's attention. I'm not yelling or anything like that.
    miker525 wrote: »
    Just wondering how this is working though. We're paying through gofundme? How will you know which of us have ordered? I think last time I either paid Punzie at PrePax tabletop or had paid whoever headed the project through paypal. With no tiers how do I make sure I pay and have it be known that I actually paid?
    We will all be submitting payments via GoFundMe. It is your call if you would like to include your real name so that it is publicly available, but at least send me a note with the donation as to who you are; I'd recommend using your PA forum name for each donation. I'll have a list and cross off names when you come to pick the steins up. All the money has to be paid upfront to the vendor, as I'm not going to invest over $1,100 of my own money in this; I don't even have that kind of spare money, lol. Also, this is a cleaner transaction where all you need to do is show up and get your glassware.

I really wish there was a better way to handle the ordering (like the PAX Challenge coin, which is a super sweet setup), but with such a short time to put this together (this only got under way just after Christmas) and the first time for me doing this, I had to move quickly and GoFundMe just seemed like the safest option; it's reliable and not a scam. In less than a month, I had to find a vendor, get some selection ideas out, choose a payment method, and get the pricing figured out. It's been pretty crazy. If this becomes a recurring thing, I imagine things being much smoother the next time around.
    Devereaux wrote: »
    What if we miss hotel game night...will there be an alternate pick up location for the steins?
    Aside from Pre-PAX Gaming Night on February 5th, I intend to have a 1.0-1.5 hour meeting spot each day of PAX so that everyone has a chance to pick up their steins. PAX is crazy. You're busy. There is a chance you could miss the meet-up, so I want everyone to have a fair chance. Those meeting places and times are yet to be decided on, but I will post in here when those have been set up. Pre-PAX Gaming Night is the only set one right now.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    LOL, one of the vendor's questions is regarding what type of event these are for. I'm totally putting "Religious Event," because that's basically what PAX is to us.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    h4bc076qngy8.jpg

We've breached the 100-unit barrier! I honestly didn't think that was possible, which is why I only put the chart up to 108 because I figured it was unattainable.

Know what this means? More math!!!
    After looking at the pricing after 108 (increments of 6), there doesn't seem to be another major break in price. Just an FYI.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    After looking at the pricing after 108 (increments of 6), there doesn't seem to be another major break in price. Just an FYI.
    Give the above, it really doesn't matter how many others jump in; the price will remain the same after the 108 mark. For example, if we ordered 136, the unrounded cost is like 5-10 cents less, which is pretty much nothing.

That being said, we have our price for the stein: $12

Click here for the GoFundMe page.
    Don't forget to include either your PA forum name or your real name with your payment. It is important that I know who paid and how much.

Happy ordering, folks!

I'll update the OP by the end of the day. OP Updated

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Ordered! Thank you for the work put into this! Got one for me and a friend who is coming down.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Order placed for three! I may need one more, but if so I'll make a separate donation.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77