As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Forum Badge

• Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I love the Dr. Who theme! That is such a great design. :)

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Great theme this year, awesome art (as usual), and I think this is going to go great!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    rtm416 on
    SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I love it! Not entirely sold on the font for the back (looking mainly at "parochially"), but that'smy only real gripe. Also, I second the nomination of Calvin's box.

Yeah I was going to mention the font too. Otherwise looks great :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I've played around with the front of the badge and come up with a slightly different title and some more time machines. I also removed the HG Wells one as I don't think people recognised it! Let me know what you think:
    150120PAXEAST2015PAForumBadgeFrontv2_zps8fe58b17.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I like it!
    And while the Handlink might not actually be a time machine, it is fairly distinctive and the only part of Project Quantum Leap that you really see that isn't just a mountain, or a white rectangle of light.

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Big fan of the revision!

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Love the new version! I think you also mean "colloquially" rather than "parochially". Parochially means "within the borders of a church parish" whereas "colloquially" means "commonly referred to as this term despite a more proper formal designation".

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Awesome design, sad to see you won't be joining us this year!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    If you need help with distribution, I'd be more than glad to help! (Yes, I'm still alive)

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    @kropotkin you're a freaking genius. Absolutely love the Back to The BCEC tag line and how it's written. Very excited to see this will be happening again and can't wait to be proudly wearing one of these bad boys alongside all of my time travelling buddies :biggrin:

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    I love the "Back to the BCEC"

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Love it. Glad to see Handlink and Calvin & Hobbes make it in! :)

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I love it, can't wait!

Unfortunately, I know very little about fonts. I'll ask around and see what I can dig up.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Love the revision....you do such great work!! Can't wait to pick mine up at the con.

Oh...and I don't see my name on the badge? And who is this "forum handle" who is monopolizing all the prime space? :P

• Options
    ilta wrote: »
    Love the new version! I think you also mean "colloquially" rather than "parochially". Parochially means "within the borders of a church parish" whereas "colloquially" means "commonly referred to as this term despite a more proper formal designation".

It can also mean 'locally', which I why I used it. I shall, however, agree to alter it along with the font. I do still need to work on that :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    Really nice design Kropotkin. Thanks for doing this! Sorry you won't be here.

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    Very nice :) love the "Back to the BCEC" !!!

• Options
    BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    Amazing as usual! Absolutely love the design!

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »

It can also mean 'locally', which I why I used it. I shall, however, agree to alter it along with the font. I do still need to work on that :)

Interesting! I've never heard that usage on this side of the pond, but then again as has been said often, we are a people divided by a common language. The More You Know...

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i really like the "back to the bcec", it feels like a bit of a nod to the 5 year anniversary of pax east being held there. nice work, and as always, thanks!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    i really like the "back to the bcec", it feels like a bit of a nod to the 5 year anniversary of pax east being held there. nice work, and as always, thanks!

Or The Beatles.. https://youtube.com/watch?v=kHD5nd3QLTg

• Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    It looks great!

I think the front could be a little less busy? Not sure. I'm one that likes simple and plain things (The infocom a few years ago was AWESOME).

And I think using the BTTF font on the back (I think someone said) is a good idea, if possible.

• Options
    jessterferjessterfer Registered User regular
    Very excited to see how these turn out!

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Badge looks nice. I wish I could help but I'm already committed to a few PAX things. If that changes I'll let you know.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Look pretty awesome, I do say.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    looks good so far

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I 2nd that it looks a bit busy. But that is my personal take on it.

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Nooo! @kropotkin I will miss bumping into you. Sad to hear you could not make it. I would have enjoyed talking more about podcasting if you had the time.

As for the badge, I totally love it!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I 2nd that it looks a bit busy. But that is my personal take on it.

While aesthetically you are correct, I decided that it is much more in keeping with the inclusive nature of PAX to have all of the time travellers and not just those who have the surnames of Brown and McFly. Sadly this leads to clutter, but also means I can include a picture of Calvin and Hobbes therefore everybody wins. Having said that I haven't included Sapphire and Steel but I don't think they were time travellers in so much as they were entities that fixed space and time.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Oh dear, I almost missed this this year.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    OMG !!! want want want , another amazing job kropotkin , sorry to hear you are unable to attend, we shall all miss you but will wear your badge with pride !

• Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    It sure is perdy

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I want in on this again. Last years badge is one of the best things I took away from East 2014 :)
    I am totally digging the design!

• Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I like it a lot.

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Awesome! Probably my favorite badge yet.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    I love it along with everyone else. Just tell when and where I can pick it up! Can;t wait to see what you do with the back design!

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Wooo! that looks awesome!

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »

Grammar fight! Go! :P

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    acetheriveracetheriver Registered User regular
    This badge looks cool!