As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

South 2015 Q&A

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I was just told that there will be a coat/bag check at south, but i have no detailed info on it. I suggest asking the official pax twitter or pax_questions@paxsite.com for more details. Chances are it will be run by the convention center if it is there, but that's just a guess on my part.

The one for east isn't on the map either ;)

Coat check will be in room 006, below Bandland basically on the "0" level. There is likely to be a charge, no idea what that would be.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    NorinEclypseNorinEclypse I'm here for the streetpasses Savannah, TXRegistered User regular
    I went to QuakeCon recently and BAWLS had a booth there. I know they are not on the official exhibitor list, but will they be there as a vendor?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's possible, but you'd have to contact them to find out if they're not on any of the official lists.

• Options
    redalexxredalexx Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    How old do you have to be to get into PAX?

Just Wondering?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    CptFancyPantsCptFancyPants Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    To my knowledge there's no age restriction on getting a pass and onto the show floor, but some of the panels have a 13+ age restriction.

Edit: Yep. Here you go. http://south.paxsite.com/faq#are-there-age-restrictions-to-pax-south

CptFancyPants on
  • Options
    im 14 and this is my first time to pax and my parents didnt get a pass on time so i was wondering if i could get in by myself

• Options
    redalexx wrote: »
    im 14 and this is my first time to pax and my parents didnt get a pass on time so i was wondering if i could get in by myself

I mean, according to the FAQ link I posted above I don't see any reason why you couldn't buy a pass for yourself and go. It's not like they're checking to see if you have parents with you at the door.

• Options
    Ok Thanks!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I didn't see this come up in the thread search so I'm just going to ask: is there going to be a diversity lounge or gender-neutral restroom or anything set up for this?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    I have not seen anything about gender-neutral restrooms, but the Diversity Lounge and the Take This AFK rooms are on the second floor of the convention center, according the the guidebook. https://guidebook.com/guide/27558/map/35352/.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    The gender neutral bathroom is located next to the Handheld Lounge on the 2nd floor.

edit: It is actually shown on the Guidebook map (the open circle next to the men's restroom symbol), but they don't actually specify what it is.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    NorinEclypseNorinEclypse I'm here for the streetpasses Savannah, TXRegistered User regular
    I know Nintendo will be there showcasing the new 3DS, Majora's mask, and MH4U. Is there any news of event pokemon being available? I haven't seen any news of it, but have they done that at other PAX events?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I know Nintendo will be there showcasing the new 3DS, Majora's mask, and MH4U. Is there any news of event pokemon being available? I haven't seen any news of it, but have they done that at other PAX events?

They've never done it before iirc (since I've been going at least), but you never know!

• Options
    inatsponginatspong Registered User new member
    So I was given passes as a gift for Christmas. I don't think they were ordered in time to ship to their house, but for all I know, they did. If it doesn't arrive there in the next few days, what do I do?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The person whose name is on the order has to pick them up with ID at registration if they don't arrive in the mail. Contact pax_questions@paxsite.com for detailed info if you give them your exact situation.

• Options
    inatsponginatspong Registered User new member
    Shot an e-mail. In the event that the purchaser has to pick up the badges for me, will there be a pick-up time Thursday night?

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    inatspong wrote: »
    Shot an e-mail. In the event that the purchaser has to pick up the badges for me, will there be a pick-up time Thursday night?

From what I understand, badges can be picked up after 2 pm Thursday at will-call.

• Options
    TSoul19TSoul19 twitch.tv/soulygamingRegistered User regular
    I just want to know if you bring drinks like Bottle Water or Soda into the Expo Hall??

• Options
    OverlordMastemaOverlordMastema Registered User new member
    Is it possible to buy passes at the door?

• Options
    TSoul19TSoul19 twitch.tv/soulygamingRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to buy passes at the door?

Yes, but it looks like only Friday and Sunday Passes. Saturday is Sold Out

• Options
    TSoul19 wrote: »
    I just want to know if you bring drinks like Bottle Water or Soda into the Expo Hall??

You definitely can. At least, it's never been a problem at other PAXes (PAXii?)

• Options
    JohnyScissorsJohnyScissors Registered User new member
    Does will call close? Was wondering because I won't be able to make it until late friday

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Registration will be open during PAX until 8PM (except on Sunday obviously)

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    O.F.FascistO.F.Fascist South TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I have a bus question.

According to this webpage you can buy a day pass on the bus for $4, can anyone confirm if that is accurate? Do you have to pay cash only or can you use a credit card?

http://viainfo.net/e-fare/Default.aspx

O.F.Fascist on
  • Options
    MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    I have a bus question.

According to this webpage you can buy a day pass on the bus for $4, can anyone confirm if that is accurate? Do you have to pay cash only or can you use a credit card?

http://viainfo.net/e-fare/Default.aspx

I have never actually bought a day pass on the bus but the buses do not accept credit cards for regular fares so I would expect that for a day pass you would need cash (and quite likely exact change) as well.

TSoul19 wrote: »

We often bring small coolers (lunchbox size) of drinks and food/lunches into the convention center and never had a problem before.

• Options
    HelljinHelljin Lake Forest ParkRegistered User regular
    What do I do if I received misprinted PAX passes? We recieved our Friday, Saturday and Sunday passes. We took a closer look at our passes today and the Friday passes are misprinted and missing the hologram. The Saturday and Sunday passes are fine.

What do we do to correct this?

PAX 2010 1-Day
    PAX 2011 3-Day
    PAX 2012 3-Day
    PAX 2013 4-Day
    PAX 2014 4-Day
    PAX South 2015 3-Day
    PAX Prime 2015 Monday
    PAX West 2016 Friday/Saturday/Sunday
    PAX West 2017 Friday/Saturday/Sunday
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Helljin wrote: »
    What do I do if I received misprinted PAX passes? We recieved our Friday, Saturday and Sunday passes. We took a closer look at our passes today and the Friday passes are misprinted and missing the hologram. The Saturday and Sunday passes are fine.

What do we do to correct this?

I would bring your e-mail confirmation along with the passes. But that is my uneducated guess.

This space for rent
  • Options
    PuritysanPuritysan thePuritysan San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I work at the movie theater in Rivercenter Mall and my coworkers would definitely love the added patronage. :evil: xD ESPECIALLY the IMAX
    dat american sniper doe

but I have a questions, where do I pick up my friday badge :noob:
    I have a FEELING it'll be in the same place/area San Japan does their registration, or around it, buuuuuuuut I wanna be sure. Me, my boyfriend and his little brother are going (and his little brother and I are most excited about Markiplier; my bf is just chaperoning; but I do hope he brings his 3ds).

m2bd3Je.png
  • Options
    Tiger-Tiger- Registered User regular
    Hello, quick panic question.

A friend bought the tickets for 3 persons. Unfortunately an emergency came and he can't go, also we didn't receive the badges on the mail.

What can we do in this situation?

68979-2.png
  • Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Tiger- wrote: »
    Hello, quick panic question.

A friend bought the tickets for 3 persons. Unfortunately an emergency came and he can't go, also we didn't receive the badges on the mail.

What can we do in this situation?

zerzhul wrote: »
    The person whose name is on the order has to pick them up with ID at registration if they don't arrive in the mail. Contact pax_questions@paxsite.com for detailed info if you give them your exact situation.

• Options
    The person whose name is on the order can not come to the event, are we out of luck?
    Already sent an e-mail.

68979-2.png
  • Options
    Ok, sent the email, they responded and we resolved the issue.

Thanks for the support and see you there.

68979-2.png
  • Options
    PoeDameronPoeDameron San Antonio, TXRegistered User new member
    This is my first PAX! I am used to doing San Diego Comic-Con, NYCC and Wondercon.. But I was wondering what the vendor situation will be like? Can I get a PAX South 2015 shirt by any chance.. And what other vendors should I expect? I know those are sort of loaded questions, but I've been curious, thanks!

• Options
    PuritysanPuritysan thePuritysan San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    DUDE. Super agitated. I have NEVER been to a con in all my life that handled lines so ... stupidly.
    Was in line before the Markiplier panel was full but ya'll let in people as a mass and the seats got snapped up like hot cakes and was snubbed of the panel.
    Super agitated at that. D:

but on the plus side i got in line for the markiplier autographs super early so. :P it's a lose-win.
    but that line handling man, wth.

m2bd3Je.png
  • Options
    0takuSharkGuy0takuSharkGuy Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys, I'm hoping to go tomorrow but I didn't find out about PAX until this past week so all Sat badges were sold out online. This is probably a noob question but I checked everywhere else online and couldn't find any info.

Can you purchase a pass at the door on the day of event? Officially, obviously, not from scalpers and fakes. I'd like to come but I live in Austin and I'd hate to drive all the way down just to find out I can't come in.

Thanks guys!

Never mind, my question was answered :(

0takuSharkGuy on
  • Options
    kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    I think I lost my 3ds case in the afk lounge is there a lost and found?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    kyan22 wrote: »
    I think I lost my 3ds case in the afk lounge is there a lost and found?

Info booth.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    nuker1324nuker1324 Registered User new member
    Hi, I was wondering two things about PAX South. First I was wondering if you could reserve a ticket for 2016(I know thats a stupid question and its probably a no but i just wanted to make sure). Second I was wondering what time of day or night the tickets for PAX South 2016 would probably go on sale, maybe midnight on the 16th of September or later that day? Sorry for bothering some people's time with theses silly questions its just I'm so pumped to get a chance to go to my first PAX. Thanks to anyone in advance for helping me out.

• Options
    nuker1324 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering two things about PAX South. First I was wondering if you could reserve a ticket for 2016(I know thats a stupid question and its probably a no but i just wanted to make sure). Second I was wondering what time of day or night the tickets for PAX South 2016 would probably go on sale, maybe midnight on the 16th of September or later that day? Sorry for bothering some people's time with theses silly questions its just I'm so pumped to get a chance to go to my first PAX. Thanks to anyone in advance for helping me out.

First off, welcome!

Second, you can't reserve tickets, the best bet is to sit on the F5 key that day and/or keep Twitter up for when the tickets go live. You probably won't have to buy them within the first 9 minutes like other PAX's but you'll want to be waiting for them. It is very unlikely that they will go on sale at midnight per previous times that they went on sale.

• Options
    nuker1324nuker1324 Registered User new member
    Hi its me again, I was wondering how long does it usually take for the on sale tweet for PAX tickets to be sent out after the tickets go on sale? Thanks to anyone who answers back in advance.

This discussion has been closed.