As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2015 Magical Mystery Tour of San Antonio! (Wed/Thurs prePAX adventures) SCHEDULE UP

2»

• freemantimfreemantim MIRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing some sites with a few folks. Sure beats going solo.

Gamer dad.
    I write for VGBlogger.com
  • MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    Ooh! Ooh! The Botanical Gardens are really nice -- my husband and I have been members of the Garden Society in the past so we've been many times. You'll be hard-pressed to see the whole thing in an hour, it is quite large. Personally, my favorite parts of the gardens are the pavilions (they look like glass pyramids on the right side of the garden map) and the lake (on the upper left side of the map.) Both are located toward the "back" of the garden from the main entrance so if you do plan on seeing them within an hour, you might want to make a point not to wander too much near the front or you may get side-tracked (easy to do as the whole garden is very nice, just that those two areas are my favorites.) If you make it back to the lake, try to bring quarters with you; there are duck food dispensers (they look like gumball machines) and the ducks are suuuuper friendly, they will come right up and eat out of your hand.

I wish I could go with you guys -- maybe next year! Hope everyone has a blast!

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Well, back to back South and East are collectively eating all of my vacation, so I won't have enough to make Wednesday for this one. Looking forward to catching you folks on Thursday though!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I'm proven to be slacking again. @Kevralyn‌ and I have just arrived in SA, looking forward to joining the MMT again.

• Ryan PeaseRyan Pease Registered User regular
    I really wish i could join in with the things going on here but i don't make it in until Thursday evening. I am around the week after PAX though so if anyone else is and still wants to do some of these please post a message back to me as ill be happy to join along :)
    OR
    Email me at Ryan.Pease1996@gmail.com
    I hope to meet with most of you at PAX :D

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Everyone, remember to bring cash, especially small bills, for bus fare and tips and whatever. See you all y'all in a couple days!

HI3789R.png
  • MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Everyone, remember to bring cash, especially small bills, for bus fare and tips and whatever. See you all y'all in a couple days!

I meant to mention this as well. The bus does not give change as far as I recall, so you need exact coinage. I think it's usually $1.20 or $.15 extra (so $1.35) if you want a transfer. Transfers let you use another bus as long as it's within 2 hours of the time you paid. You can also get day passes for $4.00: http://www.viaonlinestore.net/

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Punzie, weather on Thurs calls for mostly rain during the day and tapering off (hopefully). Was wondering if the MMT has a back up for the Thur river walk if the rain holds up? Either way I'll catch up w/ the MMT one way or another on Thurs.

We brave the elements on this tour. I'm sure some tourist trap will sell you a poncho :p
    Or if you want to skip the boat and take an extra long lunch, that's up to you. I make a schedule, but it's still very choose your own adventure. Because:
    When: The two days before PAX: Wed 1/21 and Thurs 1/22. Traditionally runs from 9am to 5pm but you don't have to do the whole thing. (Follow the twitter feed for live updates of where we are.)

HI3789R.png
    Tomorrow morning meetup is @ 9:30 in front of the Hyatt, right next to the convention center. This looks like as good a place as any: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/PAX_MMT/view/17762808

HI3789R.png
    I won't have time to check the forums today during the tour so if you have questions, direct them at the twitter: @pax_mmt. Hope your ready to play today :D

HI3789R.png
  • xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Welcome to San Antonio everyone that has arrived already. Hope yall enjoy your stay.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

I think we had a lot of fun yesterday, even if the mirror maze was closed for renovations. (I'm still bitter that website has no mention of this.) Thursday is always a bigger crowd and I'm looking forward to more good times :)

HI3789R.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I did a quick scan of the grand tower photo
    missing the amazing and wonderful Blaine (SP?)
    gecg4w5zyzfh.jpg

VayBJ4e.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    This is my newest most favoritest pax photo ever.

7B14287.png
    That photo did come out really nice. Blaine jumped out of the photo because we were kinda crowded in there.

HI3789R.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I love the varied expressions on folk.
    Here's a link to a higher resolution, in case folk want to self print it at home.

VayBJ4e.png
  • zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I had a blast with you guys despite the terrible weather! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all again at Prime hopefully! Thanks for organizing everything Punzie.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the cool photo Virgil. I'd like to see the group photo in the giant chair at the botanical gardens. Do you have that one punzie?