As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

far cry four

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It says to do story missions to lower the difficulty of a fortress but I'm not seeing a real good indicator of whether that's happening

The first time it happens you'll have someone tell you "Hey, such and such a fortress should be weakened now, get at it"

It'll also inform you of that when you hover over the fortress' icon on your map

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I like the idea of defending your outposts, but the way they do it always means that it does just happen as I fast travel somewhere, and then start driving away. It'd be good if there was a better way to do it.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    also, fortresses are not that much stronger than outposts. even before the story events happen to weaken them.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Doe some reason this stupid game will not let me take the outposts undetected. Last time, I killed everybody, the last guy was on the other side, and then just turned around and saw me.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Doe some reason this stupid game will not let me take the outposts undetected. Last time, I killed everybody, the last guy was on the other side, and then just turned around and saw me.

LOL get bettar @ gamezz

(Probably some bug in the AI. Or he noticed all his friends had disappeared...)

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    i finished all the outposts and towers

one last fortress to do

if you don't do the fortresses before they're weakened you are missing out

Yeah, doing Noore's fortress after weakening it was easier than taking an outpost. I was disappointed.

I did Paul's fortress pretty early and it was super fun and intense.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    The fortress I did before weakening it was Pagan's

I was getting really frustrated by it because of all of the mines, to the point that I said fuck it, threw some bait on the mine in front of the front entrance, equipped the Buzzsaw signature weapon, and basically just did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWrmlIWb_w

(on that note, the Buzzsaw is maybe the most overpowered gun I've ever used in a game. I feel like I'm cheating when I use it)

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Ok, so I finished the main quest and all the side character quests and I'm thinking of trading this in.

Has anyone played the stuff from the season pass yet? I might hold off for a bit if that's actually decent.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes.. Yes. This game.

The first time I rode an elephant in to take out an outpost... I was rock hard

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I booted this game up for basically the first time last night and then I played like five hours of co-op. It was...wonderful.

When we finally stopped playing and I got back to the main menu, my completion percentage was 18%

signature.png

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok, so I finished the main quest and all the side character quests and I'm thinking of trading this in.

Has anyone played the stuff from the season pass yet? I might hold off for a bit if that's actually decent.

I just got into Escape from Durgesh

It's a lot more of a rogue-like than I expected

Basically you're spawned into the map, given a little introduction, and then given 30 minutes to get to an extraction point, which you'll have to hold for 10 minutes

So your goal is to do side missions to keep the time going and give yourself weapons and like, mortars at the extraction point

Well

The stuff you unlock (at least the stuff you unlock on your person, I don't now about the extraction point stuff) actually stays with you everytime you restart

So now I start with a handful of skill points because of the experience I've accrued throughout my playthroughs, and a machine gun I picked up on the first one, that sort of thing

So I guess the idea is that you throw yourself at it for long enough that you get to become King Badass of Fuckyou Mountain, at which point you start trying to get the highest score possible

I'm looking forward to working on it some more!

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Huh. That's kinda cool.

All in all, though, I really want to play as the crazy villain in Far Cry 5.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Elephant + grenade launcher = fun

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Huh. That's kinda cool.

All in all, though, I really want to play as the crazy villain in Far Cry 5.

Well you already play as the crazy villain in Far Cry 3.

broken image link
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hey some nerd (me) has started using the Playstation share thing to upload videos of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8RxXHKxzc

I mean, nothing particularly crazy happens in this one, outside of some very silly temperamental mines

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Behold, the Messiah is reborn and it is I! Watch as I walk...well...hop... on water!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpLHmcSuitY

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Just finished this, got a question (ending spoilers)
    I sided with Amita and saw her ending, and I watched Sabal's ending on youtube, and they both really suck! But in both of them Ajay asks where Bhadra is, and Anita and Sabal both say they've "sent her away".
    Is that leading into something? Min made it sound like I would be able to kill/get rid of the surviving Golden Path leader and take over for myself. Is finding Bhadra a part of that?

You can kill Amita after her ending, but it doesn't do anything and the game even pops up the "don't kill civilians" warning when you do it, so that feels more like a bug than an actual decision.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    so as far as the story goes

I found the ending pretty anti-climatic.
    would it have been any better if I had chosen not to just shoot people?
    Yes. Aren't you curious about what this whole Lakshmana thing was and what your mom wanted you to do this whole time?

Too bad you shot the only person who knew.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    There was a piece of paper with a code for them thst came with my "limited edition" on PS3, but I haven't downloaded them yet.

They might be exclusive to the "limited edition"? I'm not sure, sorry.

Well, I know that the Season Pass advertises itself as having them

What I've heard is that they'll be made available for download by everyone at some point, and at that point the season pass holders will get it for free

Which seems...weird to me, but fine

Yeah, not sure exactly when they're rolling that out but you'll get it. When you see an H appear on your map after a patch, that's where you go.

(although you'll need to have seen Hurk's intro cut-scene near the first outpost first. It's also an H on the map but you got that in the base game.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It says to do story missions to lower the difficulty of a fortress but I'm not seeing a real good indicator of whether that's happening

You get phone calls from Amita/Sabal when the difficulty goes down. Each fortress belongs to one of the main antagonists (De Pleur, Noore, Yuma and Pagan Min) and their respective fortress gets weakened after you've dealt with them in the story.

sig.gif
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Just finished this, got a question (ending spoilers)
    I sided with Amita and saw her ending, and I watched Sabal's ending on youtube, and they both really suck! But in both of them Ajay asks where Bhadra is, and Anita and Sabal both say they've "sent her away".
    Is that leading into something? Min made it sound like I would be able to kill/get rid of the surviving Golden Path leader and take over for myself. Is finding Bhadra a part of that?

You can kill Amita after her ending, but it doesn't do anything and the game even pops up the "don't kill civilians" warning when you do it, so that feels more like a bug than an actual decision.
    Amita/Sabal is walking around in the world after that cinematic, and that's the only time in the game they are and in an area where you can use your guns. You can shoot them at that point and it's your only chance to do so, but it's more of a coda than anything. Nothing else happens after that.

Amita sends Bhadra away, Sabal secludes her in a temple somewhere as the Tarun Matara. Either way, you won't see her again.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well that's pretty anticlimactic. :(

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    turtleant wrote: »
    Well that's pretty anticlimactic. :(

The climax is what happens before the credits.
    Also it plays into the whole "Kyrat is fucked no matter what happens" theme they bring up towards the end. You got rid of Pagan Min and now Kyrat's leader is another fucked up extremist. You can get rid of them, too, but then what? Take over yourself? That's what Pagan wanted in the first place, good job. Good luck being a better tyrant. Pack up and leave? How does that help? You just left a power vacuum behind along with two headless armies and no economy to speak of.

The central theme of the game is ultimately that shooting all the bad guys until they're dead doesn't solve anything, which the secret ending is also there to address. In a fucked-up way, the least bad outcome of the story is to do nothing and let it be.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I would like a way to get my arena rank up to 10 faster.

• Options
    That's also why you get way less resolution if you just shoot Pagan when you can.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

The arena master app is what you want

Pretty mindless little game, got up to rank 10 in a night of fucking with it off and on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I should probably actually play story missions.

• Options

Pretty mindless little game, got up to rank 10 in a night of fucking with it off and on

I just started with it. It doesn't seem that fast but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This game is slowly growing on me.

Having a protagonist that doesn't make me want to throw myself off of a cliff every time I boot up the game is helping.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    This game is slowly growing on me.

Having a protagonist that doesn't make me want to throw myself off of a cliff every time I boot up the game is helping.

Throwing yourself off a cliff is fun once you get the wingsuit, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

I just started with it. It doesn't seem that fast but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

You start unlocking higher level units and the stronger guys in the arena give more points

I think I ended up settling on the flamethrower guy and just grinding him until I hit 10. It goes pretty quick, and at the very least I could crank out some experience on the toilet instead of wasting my time in the arena

• Options
    edited January 2015
    So what was everyone's endgame loadout?

I was using a silenced A99 for my pistol slot. Then I had the final sniper rifle with a silencer for picking dudes off, and the Buzzsaw LMG, which is hilariously broken.

Last slot I had the rocket launcher Longings gives you + the LCAM upgrade. You wanna talk about overkill, that thing is nuts.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Oh gosh the Buzzsaw is ridiculous.

• Options
    Oh gosh the Buzzsaw is ridiculous.

I'm actually forcing myself not to use it

It's just too good

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    There is no problem the Buzzsaw cannot solve.

• Options
    I've been going Ripper, Grenade Launcher, LMG/assault rifle (just got Buzzsaw, it is awesome) and silenced sniper rifle.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bow and arrow
    Always

• Options
    I kind of wish there was a signature bow of some sort.

• Options
    The autocross is pretty sick

• Options
    I kind of wish there was a signature bow of some sort.

I was hoping beyond hope that somehow the Shangri-La bow would make it into Ajay's hands as a Signature Bow