As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book One (barcrawl signups are open!)

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Oh dear lord I can hardly deal right now. So excited to meet everyone tonight

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    Shirts on, driving now! Dragons unite! XD

We're excited!

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I know this is impossibly late, but is there a way to still sign me and a buddy up for the bar crawl? Feel free to think of me as Walder Frey, amirite?!

But seriously, we didn't know if we could actually make it to PAX South until last minute, we can, and we're both huge fans of the show. Is there a way to unofficially play/attach ourselves as a lesser house?!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    @YoungFrey posted this in another thread (travel/transport) and it is super duper relevant to our group:

"Also, San Antonio seems very keen on policing public intoxication (50 in the last 2 weeks and this doesn't count New Year's). And the fine for that is "up to $500". So maybe try not to get hammered out on the streets."

In Toronto, I once walked back to my hostel doing pseudo-karate and singing Go Go Power Rangers derrrrrrrrr derrr derrr derderrrrrrrr over and over. I feel like that won't go over well here. I saw a bike rack on the back of a police car and joked "Maybe that's for when they pick up drunk cyclists, ha" but maybe I was right. Anyway, when you're walking back to the hotel, play it cool... or at least walk with people drunker than you so you can sacrifice as needed (it is GoT afterall).

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    Sadly, of our Stark group the only one dressing up is likely my husband - who's rocking a more historical look.

Nonetheless, the whole thing should be gloriously fun. And several bars are right by our hotel. Even better!

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Also, if there's no way for me to sign up, is there anything that prevents me from coming to the same bar and just meeting / drinking with everyone? Or is it really like a closed event?

• chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Also, if there's no way for me to sign up, is there anything that prevents me from coming to the same bar and just meeting / drinking with everyone? Or is it really like a closed event?

It's not a private event, there are locals who might be in the bar. It's just that, there's gonna be 100 people + locals and we only have an hour or less to do the challenge. You might think 'Oh, I'll tag along, one more person won't hurt,' but if 20 other people think that, it slows down the people who are there to drink competitively (even though it's not a competition). Keep an eye on the eventbrite page for a drop or try the Star Wars crawl?

I'll do both, thanks! If I do show up, I won't attach myself to the challenge. Was just wondering if it was a good way to meet PAXers before tomorrow or not, given that I didn't sign up.

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh boy, I have started already :) rain has stopped for now woot

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    To clear up any confusion, bar crawlers need to be at their houses first bar at 7:15. There you will check in with your house lead and get your buttons. Bar schedules are in the original post under each house.

• SkatchSkatch Registered User new member
    Bad luck for us traffic...we just won't make it. 2 tickets free. I know it is late but I hope someone can grab them!

• SkatchSkatch Registered User new member
    Just found out, terrible accident on I-35. Have fun folks,but be safe!

Fuuuuuuu. We are running late!!

edited January 2015
    Skatch wrote: »
    Bad luck for us traffic...we just won't make it. 2 tickets free. I know it is late but I hope someone can grab them!

I have a buddy who wants to come. How do I take advantage of this?!?!

edit - I see 2 tickets for the nights watch on the eventbrite page but no way to claim them :(

Chubby Bunny on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    We are dropping leaping lizard.

Replacing For stark-targaryen, Davenport.

for wildlings-lannister, instead of leaping lizard go to buckhorn.

Lizard looked small. It's been a great crawl so far!! I wonder who is leading. :) get shot glasses!

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm so confused on where we're supposed to be. Just going to trust the sober leaders here for us wildlings.

koleypunch on
    location! location! bees!
    edited January 2015
    I don't know how to Internet apparently

koleypunch on
    If any Stark or Lannister bowed out early, I have two extra Targaryen pins. ;)

That was so much fun. I met a lot of great folk

I hope people had a good time overall. I know we ran into some issues, but I thought it was a very successful night. Thanks to everyone who came out!

• murdocmurdoc Registered User regular
    We had an awesome time running with The Night's Watch - thank you for organizing! If you found a vinyl Jon Snow at the Davenport please give him a good home for I believe I accidentally left him there.

...it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Hope everyone had a blast! I know I did and I was sober. Now back to the wall!

I feel bad not getting any contact info from anyone

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    murdoc wrote: »
    We had an awesome time running with The Night's Watch - thank you for organizing! If you found a vinyl Jon Snow at the Davenport please give him a good home for I believe I accidentally left him there.

You're the nice Calgarian!

• kiiyomii_killzkiiyomii_killz Registered User new member
    Sooooo I managed to get all 6 pins but I was too drunk to remember to get the last pin for getting all 6...anyone know if there's any extras or some way to snag one?

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Sooooo I managed to get all 6 pins but I was too drunk to remember to get the last pin for getting all 6...anyone know if there's any extras or some way to snag one?

I have a few on me. Catch up with me on Twitter (@Swae816) this weekend and I will try to get one to you.

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    CyberFey wrote: »
    If any Stark or Lannister bowed out early, I have two extra Targaryen pins. ;)

If you still have them, this Stark would like one!

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • kiiyomii_killzkiiyomii_killz Registered User new member
    Swae wrote: »

I have a few on me. Catch up with me on Twitter (@Swae816) this weekend and I will try to get one to you.

Will do! Thanks Swae!

Did anyone happen to find a multicoloured beanie at some point? I think it fell out of my bag :(

• DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    Wildlings represented themselves well -- couldn't be happier with the conduct of our group. Way to be excellent, everybody. Loved leading you into glorious battle! Voice definitely took a beating, but had an amazing experience. We were worried about leading a house without having PAX crawl experience, but we've had enough positive feedback that I think we served you well. Thank you guys for making our first PAX extra special.

Having fun running into you guys at PAX and hearing about the things that excite you. I am not always the most outgoing, but PLEASE don't be shy -- say hello!

I'm excited to learn the final numbers. I suspect the Targaryens slaughtered us with those shot glasses, but I think we held our own.

We're already taking to Swae about next year! ;)

IF YOU NEED COMPLETION PINS:

@devierue or @Archarzel‌

Still new to the tweets, but will have it on and Facebook throughout the day. We'll have completion pins and I think a couple of each house in case you have lost or broken one (I was nearly squished by a bus when saving one of mine from certain death)

koleypunch wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to find a multicoloured beanie at some point? I think it fell out of my bag :(

No beanie that I'm aware of. If someone does find it and can't get ahold of her, get in touch with me and I'll help as best as I can.

Devierue wrote: »
    koleypunch wrote: »

No beanie that I'm aware of. If someone does find it and can't get ahold of her, get in touch with me and I'll help as best as I can.

The lovely housekeeper at our hotel found it! We searched high and low, I'm so shocked (but happy) she found it. Whew!

• WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    This was probably the best night I've had in a year and a half. For some reason names fell through my brain like water through a sieve but I retained places of origin, so thanks to Canada, the Vegas girls, Los Angeles, Houston, Austin, Corpus, Mr. and Mrs. Dallas, Maryland (we'll chug that beer next time), New Jersey, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Hopefully you all know who you are. See you in a year.

• TomsushiTomsushi Registered User regular
    I got wasted and lost my Wildling pin and the pin from the last bar. Any lovely person have extra of those they could mail me(I'll gladly pay you for the cost of shipping)? Also thanks to everyone involved in the event from planning to helping run it, I had a blast even though I don't remember most of it x.x I will definitely be coming back for next years bar crawl!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I went on a Game of Thrones bar crawl and all I got was this lousy nickname.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqAe6A7s5iY

Had a blast. If I ever come back to South, I'll see you all there. Maybe in full Carl/Rick get up. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited January 2015
    Tomsushi wrote: »
    I got wasted and lost my Wildling pin and the pin from the last bar. Any lovely person have extra of those they could mail me(I'll gladly pay you for the cost of shipping)? Also thanks to everyone involved in the event from planning to helping run it, I had a blast even though I don't remember most of it x.x I will definitely be coming back for next years bar crawl!

Pm your address to me and I'll mail both wildling and completion pins!

Devierue on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    I actually have the Stark and completion buttons. If anyone from the crawl needs one or both of those you can also PM me your address and I'll try to get them off to you.

Actually nevermind don't do that, send requests to @Etaoin.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.