As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So did everybody "win" in the Alienware Arena contest?

ShruggieShruggie Registered User new member
Or did I for the first time in my life actually win something? It told me I'd won a 15" or an Alpha, and that I should email the code to someone. (It gave me a mailto:)
I just don't want to get excited prematurely, cause if I start telling people I won a gaming laptop and it turns out I "won" a chance to win or some bullshit like that, I will be angry. Also sad. But mostly angry.

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    I think you won. Congrats!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShruggieShruggie Registered User new member
    That would be nice. I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone emails me back.

• Options
    llaughlinllaughlin Registered User new member
    This is crazy late, but I also "won" an Alpha and gave my email to an alienware rep. I've tweeted and facebooked Alienware about the competition, wondering if I was going to hear anything. I got an email 2 months ago saying we'd hear from them soon. I called Alienware/Dell yesterday and had to ask 6 different departments about the competition. No one knew what I was talking about. The last guy I talked to was in the Hardware department and basically said "We don't have any records of that competition".

Am I just SOL? I mean, I can't complain about not getting a free Alpha, but I don't want to be fed the idea that I won a competition and then get left out in the rain.

• Options
    StarDragonJPStarDragonJP Registered User new member
    llaughlin wrote: »
    This is crazy late, but I also "won" an Alpha and gave my email to an alienware rep. I've tweeted and facebooked Alienware about the competition, wondering if I was going to hear anything. I got an email 2 months ago saying we'd hear from them soon. I called Alienware/Dell yesterday and had to ask 6 different departments about the competition. No one knew what I was talking about. The last guy I talked to was in the Hardware department and basically said "We don't have any records of that competition".

Am I just SOL? I mean, I can't complain about not getting a free Alpha, but I don't want to be fed the idea that I won a competition and then get left out in the rain.

Yeah that's pretty F-ed up dude.

• Options
    lildreamertinalildreamertina Get up and go girl Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    Having worked for Dell, I can tell you no one person inside the company that can be reached by calling them will know what the hell you are talking about. HOWEVER, I would say emailing is the closest you are going to get to knowing anything. If the person who you got an email from has a manager listed make sure to email them as well.

• Options
    talamandertalamander Registered User regular
    Hey, I wouldn't give up on this. Seriously, head over to /r/pcmasterrace or /r/pcgaming and create a well formatted post about what happened, provide proof that you, and they will try to help you. I've seen it before, someone doesn't win what they were promised from some big company and they go on reddit and BOOM, it gets a ton of attention from the public and the company will fix the error.