As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 - Vendors/Exhibitors/Panels

Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in PAX East
There was a similar thread last year, so figured I'd get the ball rolling. List any confirmed Vendors/Exhibitors/Panels/etc. and some sort of source to discourage rumors.

First to start. Rocco for Mega64 confirmed they'd be at PAX East 2015 and would have a panel, no specific time and date yet. Posted on his personal Tumblr.2014-11-14%2021.04.30.png

zmYaVYP.png
zerzhul on

• KnownDominanceKnownDominance Registered User regular
    I really hope we see Blizzard there with an Overwatch presentation.

• evanextremeevanextreme Registered User regular
    I have never been to a PAX when Mega 64 hasn't attended, so I am happy to hear they are coming back for 2015. Hopefully I should be able to catch their panel this year, as I have never actually been to one, and would love to see them live.

New Yorker. @evanextreme on Twitter. I do a ton of things on the internet.
    I went to East 11, Prime 12, East 13, and will be attending East 15.
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    wa6j2su770wo.png
    Retro-Bit Gaming confirmed they will be there.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    As usual, Oculus stealth-confirmed their attendance at East 2015.

Here's hoping they have their Crescent Bay prototype available to demo (or maybe even a newer model!)

Lazorz on
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I totally missed out on checking them out last year. I'd love to get a little trial with one this PAX!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Lazorz wrote: »

Here's hoping they have their Crescent Bay prototype available to demo (or maybe even a newer model!)

Cant wait to try out a rift for myself! Hope the line doesn't grow too fast.

• BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular

Last year the Oculus booth was swamped. Even all the indie devs who brought the older rift were swamped. I wouldn't expect that line to be short unless you beeline to it as soon as the floor opens.

• UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Fangamer is also attending PAX East.......

• VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    All I want is for Nintendo to be there

Wishes he could change his username

Well I do have a reservation in the Westin Waterfront and I will be getting on line super early so I might be able to get there as fast as possible.

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I know this thread is for confirmed vendors/exhibitors/panels but I though I would bring it to peoples attention of a confirmation of a someone NOT going to be at PAX East '15.

In another thread ( http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31632000/#Comment_31632000 ) ACAM (American Classic Arcade Museum) has said they will unfortunately not be attending this year due to the costs of being there.

Sad cause it was always fun to go there when there was some "down" time to play a few classic arcades and some pinball. Growing up with arcades in the 80's this was fun to go to. It was like being in an old arcade minus the cigarette smoke.

Hopefully they can attend next year.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Totally tooting a friend's horn who was greenlit for a panel! :)

"Games Are Good For You! How Gaming Improves Our Lives"
    Sure, video games can be fun, but did you know they can improve your relationships, assist in decision-making, strengthen morals, and more? Get caught up with the latest findings in positive video game research in this fun, interactive presentation. Join Dr. Patrick O'Connor, professor of psychology, and Josue Cardona, founder of Geek Therapy, as they cover the benefits of playing video games and how they are strengthening us as individuals and as a society.

Panelists include:

Patrick O'Connor [Professor, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology]
    Josué Cardona [Licensed Psychotherapist, Destination Counseling]

Ln5yLL7.png
  • gwidiongwidion Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    BinaryPie wrote: »

Last year the Oculus booth was swamped. Even all the indie devs who brought the older rift were swamped. I wouldn't expect that line to be short unless you beeline to it as soon as the floor opens.

Last year they only had the older models. I waited in line for probably an hour to try it out. I saw one or two indie booths with the DK2, but the main Oculus area didn't have them. This year they should have the DK2, but I doubt we'll see the CB.

gwidion on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    will unfortunately not be attending this year due to the costs of being there..

OMG I'm super bummed about this :( I wonder how much it would take to get them there -_-

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • ScorpiusScorpius Registered User regular
    I can confirm that the annual panel on depression and gamers "Inner Demons" has again been selected and Tabletop System Wars will be back.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    RIOT is NOT going to be there!!!! :(:(:( At least not with a booth.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/eW1esQvu-na-live-events-in-2015

• grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/eW1esQvu-na-live-events-in-2015

That seems like a good thing to me, Riot booth always casues so much traffic and congestion no matter where they put it.

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It sounds like they're going to have panels and a "cospitality lounge" whatever that is.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Honestly, thank god. They feel borderline hazardous for the traffic they create.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Flux Theatre Ensemble will be there with an awesome panel that features a reading from our upcoming sci-fi play, and also some Q&A with Chris Avellone. We may also talk about how we made an adventure game to go with our last play. Tentatively scheduled for Sunday at noon:

Busting the Bunker: Putting Yourself in the Post-Apocalypse

From Wasteland to Fallout, gamers have long left their mark on post-apocalyptic worlds. But what of theatergoers? Join Indie Theater Now's "People of the Decade" Flux Theatre Ensemble for a reading from their upcoming play SALVAGE. Discuss the art of writing the end of the world with Chris Avellone (FALLOUT 2 & NEW VEGAS). Participate in THE SALVAGE PROJECT and share how YOU would want to be remembered. Some stories will become short plays, performed at SALVAGE's NYC premiere this April!

ilta on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

In another thread ( http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31632000/#Comment_31632000 ) ACAM (American Classic Arcade Museum) has said they will unfortunately not be attending this year due to the costs of being there.

Sad cause it was always fun to go there when there was some "down" time to play a few classic arcades and some pinball. Growing up with arcades in the 80's this was fun to go to. It was like being in an old arcade minus the cigarette smoke.

I didn't want to get upset about ACAM in that thread, considering it's nothing compared to an ALS diagnosis. But I am really bummed (though totally understand) that ACAM can't make it out this year. That room is on my top 5 each year of things I enjoy most about PAX. Again, totally understand that the costs involved made it impossible to do forever, but .. man..

If someone could create a compiled list of all confirmed exhibitors I would be really happy because sifting through this thread is pretty tough.

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    If someone could create a compiled list of all confirmed exhibitors I would be really happy because sifting through this thread is pretty tough.

The thread is ONE page. And light on information, here's all of it.

Mega 64
    Retro-Bit Gaming
    Oculus
    Fangamer

Panels and stuff:
    "Games Are Good For You! How Gaming Improves Our Lives" - Patrick O'Connor and Josué Cardona.
    "Busting the Bunker: Putting Yourself in the Post-Apocalypse" - Flux Theatre Ensemble
    Cospitality Lounge - Riot Games

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular

I'm sure there will be LOTS of disappointed folks to hear this...BUT...their booth placement the past couple of PaxEast's has created real traffic flow issues and massive congestion around their (HUGE) setup.

Selfishly, since I'm not a LOL player, I'm not sad to see them go....

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thankful about riot not being there. Their booth was always ridiculously huge and the crowd around it spilled into others. Unfair for those around. I expressed my feelings about this in another thread and got pulled apart.

zmYaVYP.png
  • scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm a little sad there won't be ANY kind of Riot presence on the Expo Hall floor, but yeah, I'm not gonna miss the traffic jams in that area.

sig.php?id=222
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Riot, to me, IS PAX. It's going to be odd not having the screaming hordes on the show floor. :(

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • nernerrynnnernerrynn Queen of Buttskirts PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    As far as panels/people I hope will be there, I'm really hoping Markiplier, Dodger and JonTron make a return. I'm so bummed I missed them last year!

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    ArenaNet confirmed at PAX South that they'll have a playable build of the new Guild Wars 2 expansion Heart of Thorns at PAX East. No idea if that means an ArenaNet booth or if it will be hosted by some other exhibitor, but one way or another the game will be at the show.

Xenigma on
    Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I can confirm that Snow Runner Games (Soda Drinker Pro / Vivian Clark) will be at East. Confirmed via direct contact over Twitter.
    Also M.C. Frontalot will be returned. Talked to him at PAX South.

I am quite eager to see the band lineup. Last year had a lot of missing faces.

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just hope Nintendo is there. And that there is a booth to try Elite Dangerous with Oculus Rift. That seemed to be quite cool at Pax South.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I went to a Nintendo booth at a Convention in Toronto a couple years ago..
    Let me tell you, Nintendo folk having no idea who Captain N is.. it breaks a poor cosplayers heart.

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Epic is not attending this year. (last year they were off-site holding a Fortnite event)
    Uber Entertainment is not attending.

• KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    I'm also relieved that Riot won't have a booth. Wife almost got trampled. Won't go into the details, but LoL fans were scary, scary stuff that year.

I keep hearing the Star Citizen guys have said they're showing up to show off the FPS module, but don't know for sure.

• Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    I'm actually glad that Riot won't have a booth this year. I always found the LOL folks a bit... overzealous.

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

I would be willing to bet the SC guys will find a way to be there. I think last year they were hanging out at the Microsoft booth? Plus they had that backers' party. Those guys love PAX.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    vttym wrote: »

I didn't want to get upset about ACAM in that thread, considering it's nothing compared to an ALS diagnosis. But I am really bummed (though totally understand) that ACAM can't make it out this year. That room is on my top 5 each year of things I enjoy most about PAX. Again, totally understand that the costs involved made it impossible to do forever, but .. man..

Mannnn. This makes me sad. I loved that room. I was looking forward to them bringing back the Wreck-It Ralph machine.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • kgagnekgagne MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Here are three confirmed panels to add to the schedule.

All the Feels: Empathy in Indie Game Narrative
    Saturday, March 7th at 10:00am in Dragonfly Theatre

Indie games are creative not just in mechanics but in narrative, telling stories and creating safe spaces for dealing with real-life issues. Empathy games have helped us understand and address the struggle for survival by a war-torn country's civilians, bullying, and physical and mental health. Hear from the developers who are exploring the boundaries of interactive storytelling and transcending gameplay.
    Karol Zajączkowski (PR & Marketing Manager, 11 bit studios), Anna Megill (Creative Director, Project Untold) Logan Harrington (Creator, Gone), Nicole Stark (Director, Disparity Games), Justin Amirkhani (Creative Director, Vagabond Dog), Ken Gagne (Host, IndieSider)

Achievement Unlocked: Parenthood. Now What?
    Saturday, March 7th at 10:30am in Bumblebee Theatre

No role-playing game can present a greater challenge than the real-life role of parent. Does gaming end with parenthood, or is it just the next level? Hear from industry professionals on how they manage their time, handle the joys and journeys of gaming with their families, and maintain relationships of all kinds both online and off.
    Nicole Tompkins-Hughes (Freelance journalist), Kyle Churchill (Co-host, Run Button), Steve Lubitz (Co-host, Isometric), Stephen Duetzmann (Editor in Chief, Engaged Family Gaming), Christopher "Gonzo" Gonzalez (Designer & Owner, DapperPixel), Amanda Warner (Co-Founder/Creative Director, Giant Spacekat/Giant Spacekittens)

Reboot Our Roots: Bringing Our Favorite Genres Back to Life
    Sunday, March 8th at 1:30pm in Bumblebee Theatre

Many of today's indie games are spiritual successors of yesteryear's hits, from King's Quest to Gabriel Knight to Quest for Glory -- with some even being developed by the same teams that brought us the originals. What's it like to reboot a franchise or genre after 30 years? How do you update a classic while staying true to the original? Industry veterans share their stories of revisiting their roots, taking up their heroes' mantles, and what they've learned in the intervening years.
    Katie Hallahan (PR Director & Designer, Phoenix Online Studios), Steve Alexander (Co-Founder, Infamous Quests), Dave Gilbert (Founder, Wadjet Eye Games), Ken Gagne (Editor, Juiced.GS)

kgagne on
  • craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    AbleGamers Charity will be at PAX East! See you all there :)