As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South VS. MAGFest

UNHMANUNHMAN [E]Registered User regular
Let me first say I don't wish this to turn into a "which one is better" thread at all. Now that that is said I'll get to the point. I asked Famgamer if they would be attending PAX South. The told me they would not due to PAX South and MagFest being on the same weekend. Went to their website and saw that they put together a friendly PAX Vs. MagFest comp. As well as streaming each others events.....http://magfest.org/. Just curious what everyone thinks about how this will work and whether it was a good idea to work together so one does not take from the other.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think PAX and MAGFest are pretty friendly with each other. MAGFest runs the jamspace at pax east, for example. Lots of things to balance when picking a date for an event though, and sometimes things overlap.

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I think PAX and MAGFest are pretty friendly with each other. MAGFest runs the jamspace at pax east, for example. Lots of things to balance when picking a date for an event though, and sometimes things overlap.

Yeah, MAGFest and PAX South are pretty friendly, because it's a well understood fact that MAGFest is better in every way. OH SNAP LET THE TRASH TALKING BEGIN FOR THE ULTIMATE COMPETITION.
    pR2S5zY.jpg

But, seriously, we at MAGFest love the PAX people, and have a blast working with them every chance we get. You'll get to see almost the entirety of the PAX South events being streamed at MAGFest, and PAX South will be streaming some choice headlining concerts from MAGFest. We're really excited for the competition, because @Robert Khoo‌ and I have a high stakes bet going on that'll will end up being very rewarding for the winner.

• Options
    K1ngK1ng Registered User new member
    They can claim their friendly with PAX all they want it doesn't change the fact that it's the southern fan base that gets screwed in this whole situation since Magfest is taking content creators that some of us would have liked to meet at PAX south (Egoraptor, JonTron, Death Battle, Extra Credits and members of TFS just to name a few) and it's not like Magfest is gonna run an event in San Antonio to make it up to the fans. This has nothing to do with which is better at least the northeast gets PAX east to see anything that wasn't at Magfest meanwhile the fans that can't afford to fly to Boston or Seattle get screwed and have to just hope that next year maybe we don't get fucked over.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    Well, being fair, magfest has been in january for years now. As I said above, sometimes events overlap, things happen.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    zerzhul wrote: »
    We're really excited for the competition, because @Robert Khoo‌ and I have a high stakes bet going on that'll will end up being very rewarding for the winner.

We need details!

Josh5890 on
    This space for rent
  • Options
    Retro JoseRetro Jose Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I want to participate in that secret video game high score challenge. This is going to be a lot of fun.

• Options
    K1ng wrote: »
    They can claim their friendly with PAX all they want it doesn't change the fact that it's the southern fan base that gets screwed in this whole situation since Magfest is taking content creators that some of us would have liked to meet at PAX south (Egoraptor, JonTron, Death Battle, Extra Credits and members of TFS just to name a few) and it's not like Magfest is gonna run an event in San Antonio to make it up to the fans. This has nothing to do with which is better at least the northeast gets PAX east to see anything that wasn't at Magfest meanwhile the fans that can't afford to fly to Boston or Seattle get screwed and have to just hope that next year maybe we don't get fucked over.

The most sincere apologies from both MAGFest and PAX. Neither of us knew that our dates would be conflicting when we booked them. We have conferred, though, and can assure you that at least the next 4 years past this one will not have overlapping dates.

Josh5890 wrote: »
    We're really excited for the competition, because @Robert Khoo‌ and I have a high stakes bet going on that'll will end up being very rewarding for the winner.

We need details!
    It involves extreme embarrassment, and a sincere hope that it is not too cold outside.

Retro Jose wrote: »
    I want to participate in that secret video game high score challenge. This is going to be a lot of fun.
    Just head to the console freeplay area and give it a shot!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    The game is afoot! Next year I hope to go to both, cause I have heard so much awesome from people going to Magfest. Side note, you guys stay warm up north. Cause anything lower than 0 shouldn't be a real thing.

Retro Jose on
  • Options
    Negative temperatures are love. Negative temperatures are life.

• Options
    You darn Yankee's and your wool socks and freezing temperatures. Though you do make some good stews and have trees that change colors. I see this week you sent us your vanguard of freezing temps down to Texas. You cads!!!

• Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Negative temperatures are love. Negative temperatures are life.
    g5n5o.jpg

• Options
    IT IS SO ON

http://south.paxsite.com/news/pax-south-vs.-magfest-grudge-match

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ON IT IS?

TURN ON A LIGHT SWITCH.

LOOK AT THE LABEL ON THE SWITCH.

IT'S THAT ON.

(unless you're using 3-way switches or dimmers, in which case, just trust me about the on-ness of it.)

• Options
    As we gear up to do battle, remember fellow PAX'ers, no one remembers 2nd place.

• Options
    As we gear up to do battle, remember fellow PAX'ers, no one remembers 2nd place.

Do you remember, Snake? The feel of battle! The clash of bone and sinew!

• Options
    "War, war never changes." But we will "Finish the fight!" We will roll for initiative, and hold the high ground! As the prophet said in the movie, the wizard, "Get the warp whistle Jimmy. Get the warp whistle."

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    "War, war never changes." But we will "Finish the fight!" We will roll for initiative, and hold the high ground! As the prophet said in the movie, the wizard, "Get the warp whistle Jimmy. Get the warp whistle."

HOLD THE LINE!

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Pax South won with 38.1 cm!

This space for rent
  • Options
    An official statement will be released shortly.

We are not pleased with this outcome.

• Options
    WHOOO!!!!!