As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, January 26, 2015 - Signifier

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    "Core to his identity"... Of being a tosspot. XD

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »

Yeah, no.

Texas has a lot of residents who work and play in agrarian/rural environments. A good straw hat is essential to not going blind in the sunlight and preventing sunburn.

Hell, one of my good friends is a tier 3 tech and troubleshooter for one of the biggest airlines in the world; he has both a sheepdog and a yearling colt that he takes out on the weekends in East Texas because he loves the outdoors.

Are there people who wear the associated attire just to be seen? Of course, that's every group of every vocation or pasttime, it's unavoidable. But for every person who likes to present a false image, there are twenty who actually identify with their environment.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Hahahahahahahaha

• Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Is Gabe supposed to be saying something in the last panel? Or is he just dumbstruck that Tycho came away with just a black eye and a missing tooth?

Neat little thing there they've done with the hot dog fairy this go round.

Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    leebozeeboleebozeebo Registered User new member
    Watching Mike draw this strip on stage at PAX South was probably the highlight of the whole trip for me. What made this even better is that while Mike drew it, Jerry was actually pulling questions to answer out of an actual cowboy hat.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    They threw the hat into the audience at the omegathon finals.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    exup35exup35 Registered User regular
    I notice that he's wearing a Stetson and not a Derby then

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Yeah, no.

Texas has a lot of residents who work and play in agrarian/rural environments. A good straw hat is essential to not going blind in the sunlight and preventing sunburn.

Hell, one of my good friends is a tier 3 tech and troubleshooter for one of the biggest airlines in the world; he has both a sheepdog and a yearling colt that he takes out on the weekends in East Texas because he loves the outdoors.

Are there people who wear the associated attire just to be seen? Of course, that's every group of every vocation or pasttime, it's unavoidable. But for every person who likes to present a false image, there are twenty who actually identify with their environment.

As usual, Deedubs, you post gud.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    All hat no cattle

• Options
    wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular

Yeah, no.

I figure he meant that the guy beat someone up for "insulting" his hat. That's absolutely tosspot behaviour.

• Options
    JournJourn Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Come to Alberta. We're kind of a northron Texas.

PAX 2009 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2010 [ ]
    PAX Prime 2011 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2012 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2013 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2014 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2015 [✓]
    PAX West 2016 [ ]
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    They threw the hat into the audience at the omegathon finals.

"We said no hats!"

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular

Yeah, no.

I figure he meant that the guy beat someone up for "insulting" his hat. That's absolutely tosspot behaviour.

To be fair, anyone who arbitrarily walks up to strangers and insults their fashion choices probably deserves a solid ass beating, or at the absolute least they should be aware that their actions risk them receiving said solid ass beating.

Do we know what it, exactly, Tycho said and if it was more insult than inquisitive? No. However, given Tycho's long, storied past of antisocial dickbaggery... well, I think there's a good chance if anyone was a "tosspot" here, it was Tycho. And if so, he (like all tosspots) was well deserving of a couple fists thrown into his general face direction.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    There are very, very few situations where giving someone a "solid ass beating" is the right thing to do. I don't really care what Tycho "said" in the comic, he didn't deserve to get beaten over it.

That said, the comic itself (not being real-live and such) is funny :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Man people sure do overanalyze a funny comic sometimes

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    you don't need a hat indoors: fact.

unless you are a cowboy you should never wear a cowboy hat, even outdoors.

note: you are not a cowboy. cowboys have not existed since Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer killed them all.

fact.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Are only baseball caps with the minimal amount of bill required to block the sun acceptable?
    May I wear a Sherlock Holme's style cap to keep the sun off the back of my neck as well?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Are only baseball caps with the minimal amount of bill required to block the sun acceptable?
    May I wear a Sherlock Holme's style cap to keep the sun off the back of my neck as well?

Clearly the answer you have been searching for is SOMBRERO.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

They're called deerstalker caps!

Baseball caps are not terribly good at keeping the sun out of your face. I prefer flat caps or newsboy/pageboy caps myself.

• Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    It's a pity the stream wasn't recorded from the beginning of the panel, still it was fun to watch :)