As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Austin - Pre-South Meetup? UPDATE - Time/Date set, event page in comments.

JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX South
Any Austin people want to do a small PAX meetup in Austin? Something mid December? Try to split the holidays. I'd love the chance to meet some other PAXers from Austin. If there is any interest we can start to narrow some details.

PS Zerzhul I don't know if I need permission to start a thread like this. So forgive me if I needed to ask first! :D

JimmyWild on

• Options
    GamingSnobGamingSnob Registered User regular
    Congratulations JimmyWild; you got this several-year lurker to finally register to post: as a fellow Austinite, that would be very cool.

• Options
    Great! We're off and running! :D

• Options
    spidermonkeyCosplayspidermonkeyCosplay Registered User new member
    sounds sweet! i recently moved to houston from austin... but im still around here all the time lol i'd love to do this

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Are you around Austin during the week at all or weekends? Or whenever you feel like? :) I'm not sure if should try to do this on a weekend or weeknight. I spose once we get some more peeps we can start trying to narrow down a day.

JimmyWild on
  • Options
    Retro JoseRetro Jose Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm going to go to PAX this year as well. I'm from Houston and now live in Austin. I get to go with my company, so I won't be able to really walk around as much, but I am always just glad to be able to say I went. PAX sounds awesome.

• Options
    QuackersQuackers College Student and Code Monkey Orlando FloridaRegistered User regular
    Do we have to be from Austin? what if we just wanna hang and don't mind the drive (Assuming the chosen date isn't inconvenient)

• Options
    Oh I'm not excluding anyone, just didn't think many would want to drive from out of town. All are welcome! :D@Quackers

• Options
    ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    My husband and I might be interested, but it depends on the day/time, basically. What are you thinking you want to go do?

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    Hadn't really thought of what specifically to do. Was just thinking of grabbing some drinks/food and talking about games lol. Maybe playing some shorter card or dice games. @ohkatey

I did want to see if there was some interest in gathering. Which it sounds like there is. So we could move on to schedule and activity planning.

Should we do this on a weeknight or weekend? Does anyone have preference? I'm more inclined to suggest a weekend since we potentially have people traveling from outside Austin.

• Options
    If you guys like, like Video game rock bands, there is a band playing at a bar on this Friday.

• Options
    It definitely would have to be a weekend for me - I know I have a D&D session either this upcoming Friday or Saturday, but I don't remember which. It could maybe be rearranged if needed though.

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    BigRageDaveBigRageDave Registered User new member
    Has this been done already? Would love to meet up with some cool people beforehand.

• Options
    bystanderbearbystanderbear Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    My partner and I recently moved to Austin as well, so if any meetups are happening we might be able to join too!

• Options
    astang99astang99 Registered User regular
    Same here its getting close!

• Options
    I don't think anything happened yet. Pinballz might be a good place to meet up - BYOB and all-ages if someone under 21 wants to come hang out with us.

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    Howdy, sorry for my absence for awhile. Huge end of year project at work, that's now overdue. But anyway, Pinballz is a great idea. I haven't been in years. We're down to this weekend or next weekend. So I'll just throw this out there. How about 3pm on Sat Jan 17th at Pinballz?

• Options
    gwencooperharknessgwencooperharkness AustinRegistered User regular
    I'm actually throwing a birthday party for me and you all could join in. Two birds with one geeky stone! Hanover's in Pflugerville (that just northeast of Austin proper) on Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 beginning at 8pm. There'll be a badass Scottish rock band there, too. And they serve beer, liquor, and BBQ. Then we'll know each other before we head down south for PAX!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    It is getting close. Whoo! I am down for some Pinballz Saturday 17th. Since it is closer to me. So count me in. If you would like to trade information just PM me. This work Jimmy wild?

https://facebook.com/events/331171657085105

Retro Jose on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh yeah, that's perfect! @Retro Jose

@gwencooperharkness‌ Pinballz is earlier in the day, people could go to your party afterwards if want to.

JimmyWild on
  • Options
    Win win!

• Options
    I can add it to the event page if you want @gwencooperharkness‌ . Also, if anyone wants to carpool to Pinballz, let me know. I know Pinballz's parking fills up pretty quick on weekends. I will be at the Game Over store near there off of Lamar at 2:30 pm incase anyone wants to drive together to make ti easier to find parking.

• Options
    Sure- add away. All are welcome!

• Options
    astang99astang99 Registered User regular
    pinballz sounds fun

• Options
    BigRageDaveBigRageDave Registered User new member
    Pinballz on the 17th then birthday party after? Count me in.

• Options
    @Retro Jose‌, go ahead and add the birthday party to the FB event. Hanover's in Pflugerville at 8pm on January 17th.

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Aah, I was hoping I could come to this, but I won't be back in time or else I'd love to meet all of your lovely faces. Have fun and see you at PAX ♥

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    @gwencooperharkness‌ Not a problem, I will be updating it today.
    @laurentheflute‌ It sucks we do not get to see you in person, but we will all see you on that main stage when you perform!!! Knock them dead!

Also, I lay the challenge down to all on that basketball machine that they have there. I make the bold claim that I can post a high score no one can beat.

• Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Depending on how things pan out, I might drive from Houston Saturday morning to come chill. I will let you know!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Cool, the post has been updated and definitely, the more the merrier. I miss Houston. tell me, does the 610 south still lock up around 4 pm? Do, do the late night java folk still gather at that one Starbucks near the Galleria?

Retro Jose on
  • Options
    Matthew9559Matthew9559 Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    I've been meaning to check out Pinballz for awhile now and would be nice to meet you all. Count me in!

Matthew9559 on
  • Options
    ShedwardTShedwardT Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    I'm down for Pinballz (was just there last night, ha)! Looking to meet some like-minded gamers to hang with during expo and of course here in ATX.

~ PS I might be pumping all my tokens into the basketball machine facing such confident competition :)

ShedwardT on
  • Options
    Whoo!!! Winning feels so much better when you have someone to compete with. They also have that Mario Kart game in the back.

• Options
    17th at 3 works for me... I'll try to head out then!

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    Oh man, seeing the list of vendors is getting me excited. I look forward to meeting all you cool cats on the 17th.

• Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Retro Jose wrote: »
    Cool, the post has been updated and definitely, the more the merrier. I miss Houston. tell me, does the 610 south still lock up around 4 pm? Do, do the late night java folk still gather at that one Starbucks near the Galleria?

610 = YES
    Starbucks = Not sure, I avoid that area whenever possible, too much traffic.

• Options
    In a few more days folks. And man, did you see that Nintendo direct? whoo. That 3ds looks great.

• Options
    Jon1oneJon1one Registered User new member
    First time PAX attendee- life long Austinite. I won't be able to make the 17th meetup, but looking forward to meeting everyone at PAX. :D

• Options
    Man, PAX was great! Sorry for the so late reply, but thanks to all that came to the meet up. The making of new friends. It was pretty cool. I look forward to hanging out again. For now, I need to get over being sick with a cold since PAX.