As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Godland

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
edited October 2006 in Graphic Violence
So little money, so many comics!

Godland is my newest "late to the party" by years find. Man, this is some awesome. Joe Casy and Tom Scioli writing and drawing respectively. Amazing, Kirby-esque cosmic comic crazyness! I rate it a must-read!

Seriously, this is one of the better books I have found. I managed to snag the first 11 issues for a song. What issue is this up to? I am really loving it and want more! Has anyone else read this? If not, I think the first issue is available on Newsarama or somewheres, totally free in a totally legal manner.

Basil is hilariously awesome.

DouglasDanger on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    well, a little research (read: going to Image's website) says that Issue #13 came out/comes out this month

i know, it's hard

you might have run into some mainstream comics on the way there

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Dearest Keith,

Thanks for your trademarked method of being helpful and being an asshole at the same time. I hope your next meal is delicious. I hope you choke on it, or maybe get a nasty case of the runs afterwards.

Man-hugs,
    Douglas D.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Full issue 1: http://www.newsarama.com/Image/Godland/issue01/Godland01Pre.htm

Someone sent me the first issue when I bought a bunch of 2000AD Showcase issues. I didn't read it because it didn't look very exciting. I didn't read it digitally, from that link, either.

I still don't want to read it.

Maybe one day.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Man, what is wrong with you?

gl0216oj5.th.jpg

Check that shit out! A crazy guy who is pursuing the ultimate high pumping alien blood into his brain-aquarium!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This is one of those series that is constantly on my radar, but I can never quite rationalize buying it in favor of one of the hundred trades and assorted miscellaneous crap I need. Like, I can go into the comic shop with every intention of leaving with some Godland, but I inevitably emerge with Scott Pilgrim, or Jack Staff or something instead.

Munch on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    This is one of those series that is constantly on my radar, but I can never quite rationalize buying it in favor of one of the hundred trades and assorted miscellaneous crap I need. Like, I can go into the comic shop with every intention of leaving with some Godland, but I inevitably emerge with Scott Pilgrim, or Jack Staff or something instead.

Munch, my good man.

Listen to me.

Get it.

It is so deliciously good.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I would post panels or pages, but I would eventually wind up posting everything!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    I've got the first six issues, and while the art is pretty rad, I just found something lacking. I dunno. Godland is technically solid, I just couldn't get into it.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scioli is awesome. I would buy it for him alone. Casey is putting enough superhero crack to page for me to keep reading for that too, but I would totally buy it the co-creator was some idiot. I really need to get ahold of that Freedom Force comic Scioli drew a couple of years ago.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    I got to talk to Joe for a bit on preview night at Comic-Con. Really nice guy. He signed my Godland vol 1 trade that I bought from him and even did a doodle for me (smiley face)

Grifter on