As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in PAX East
My goodness, I can't believe it's almost 2015. And you know what that means! :biggrin: Excited to get this thread going!

Thank you SO MUCH, @angrymonkeyfight for doing last year's thread!

Know of a PAX party? Let me know! I'll be updating the OP as info trickles in. (Here's the link to last year's thread so you get an idea: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/185623/pax-east-2014-parties)

Thursday, March 5:
Pre-PAX Dinner Party 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm (Anthem Kitchen & Bar, 101 South Market Street, South Market Building, Faneuil Hall) The adult ticket is $27.45 + $2.50 eventbrite fee for a total of $29.95. Kids (ages 3-12) tickets are $12.00 + $1.65 eventbrite fee for a total of $13.65. Each ticket covers your meal, appitizers, soda, tax, tip, and room fee. Tickets to this event will be available until Sunday, March 1st - tickets will not be sold at the door.
Indies Need Booze @ PAX East (21+) 8:00 pm - 2:00 am (Umbria Prime, 295 Franklin Street, Boston) Tickets are $16.82 (with fees)
Pre-PAX Made in Mass party (Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, 1 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142)Tickets $11.54 after fees
IGN And 505 Games Present ADR1FT at PAX East 2015 (AMC Theater Boston Common, 175 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111) 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm SOLD OUT

Friday, March 6:
ASUS ROG & PC Gamer PAX East Afterparty (21+, no dress code!) 10:00 pm - 2:00 am (Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont Street, Boston) RSVP only
8-Bit Boston 2: The 16-Bit Invasion Live at Pax East (21+) 8:00 pm - 2:00 am (Prime, 295 Franklin Street, Boston) Tickets are $20 (GA) or $50 (Exclusively N.E.P All Access)
TennoLive 2015: Pax East (17+ for the show, 21+ for the afterparty) 8:00 pm - ??? (Boston Convention Center)
Party with Trion at PAX East 2015 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Legal Harborside, 270 Northern Ave., Boston, MA 02210) "Arriving early is strongly advised as space (and giveaways) are limited!"
An Evening with Disruptor Beam (21+) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (The Whiskey Priest, 150 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210)
Infinite Crisis presents Twitch PAX East Party (Community) 9:00 pm - 2:00 am (Jillian's & Lucky Strike, 145 Ipswich St., Boston, MA 02215) Please bring your PAX Badge. No RSVP or other ticket required, but it's nice to know if you are coming! Entry is available until venue capacity is reached.

Saturday, March 7:
CIG Returns to PAX East (21+) 4:30 PM Subscriber and VIP Entry; 5:00 pm Backer Entry; 6:00 pm Presentation (Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont Street, Boston) Admission: $15 Tickets will be on sale until Wednesday March 4th, 2015, or until sold out. Tickets will be able to be printed on Thursday March 5th, 2015.
Sanshee 2015 Block Party at PAX East (21+) 8:00 pm - 7:00 am (Prime the Nightclub, 295 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110) Tickets start at $11.54 (including fees). CANCELED
Harmonix PAX East 2015 Party 8:00 pm - 12:00 am (Hard Rock Café, 22-24 Clinton Street, Boston, MA 02109) Tickets are$22.09 (including fees) Looks like these tickets are going out in waves, as this is "Wave 1" and they are SOLD OUT.
geekbeatradio.com PAX East 2015 Party with MegaRan, Danimal Cannon, robotsexmusic, Sam Mulligan and Radio Scotvoid 8:00 pm - 1:00 am (Sweetwater Tavern, 3 Boylston Pl, Boston, MA) $16.37 with fees
The Borderlands Pants-Optional Couch Party at PAX East 2015! 8:00 pm - 12:00 am (EpiCenter, 100 W 2nd Street, Boston, MA 02127) Free! SOLD OUT
Wargaming at PAX East 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm (Game On! Fenway, 82 Lansdowne St., Boston, MA 02215) Free! RSVP via FB
Bit Fest Presents: Bit Party at the Salon (21+) 8:00 pm (Phillipostyle Hair Studio, 485 Harrison Ave, Boston, Massachusetts) A suggested donation of $5-$20 is requested to help keep Bit Fest going, and to keep putting on events!

Sunday, March 8:
MC Frontalot Post PAX Party (18+) 7:00 pm - ??? (Middle East Downstairs, 472 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139)

Ln5yLL7.png
Krissta on

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    by far my fav part of pax last year I will be looking foward to a friday and saturday party for sure

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I was extremely happy with the Bethesda Wolfenstein party last year so very excited to see what this years parties are

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I still have not made it to a single party at any PAX. I'd love to finally go to one.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    I was extremely happy with the Bethesda Wolfenstein party last year so very excited to see what this years parties are

My husband went and told me all about it. So pissed I didn't get to go! >.< I must attend at least one party this coming PAX!
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I still have not made it to a single party at any PAX. I'd love to finally go to one.

Some are truly amazing.

I'll miss the Irrational parties. While not flashy, they felt... comfortable. It was truly a place to hang out and chat with other Irrational lovers. :'(

My favorite was the Elder Scrolls online party (2013). Man, that was awesome. The Rift party (2012) was also amazing. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    ESO in 2013 was far and away best PAX Party EVER. Unfortunately the party was better then the game, but man that was AWESOME

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular

Omg it's just not me!

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    flashe wrote: »

Omg it's just not me!

Not just both of you, I plan on attending atleast 1-3 Parties throughout the weekend.

mYPBAfl.jpg

Omg it's just not me!

Not just both of you, I plan on attending atleast 1-3 Parties throughout the weekend.

1-3? Your only staying the first night ? DAMN NEWBS :p .. JUST KIDDING... Know your limit and Enjoy

personally i plan on 2 or 3 parties and I will be there the whole time. I just normally find one party and stick to it at least the late night ones I know they have some earlier as well i think bethesda last year was at like 6pm but for the late night ones i would find one and stay there most likely myself inless it sucked

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Anxiously awaiting to see who will be throwing parties this year....as well as what's going to be on the exhibition floor!

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I'm very excited about the parties...last year was my first year attending any of the parties and I had a blast! Also, I'm planning the Pre-PAX Dinner so keep any eye out for updates in the next week or so.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    My husband went and told me all about it. So pissed I didn't get to go! >.< I must attend at least one party this coming PAX!

This was either the third or the fourth PAX party I've been to, but I can safely say it was the first I actually really enjoyed. I'd missed out on the ESO party the year prior though and heard incredible things about it. I'm really hoping this year there will be some good ones as well. It's starting to seem to me that the bigger the game attached to the party the better it may be!

You should really go. If you need a friend to go with I'll go with you. It's certainly something you should experience. Find the right party and you'll have an absolute blast.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

Omg it's just not me!

1-3? Your only staying the first night ? DAMN NEWBS :p .. JUST KIDDING... Know your limit and Enjoy

Attending Thursday til Sunday actually lol.

mYPBAfl.jpg
    I usually get to more parties then major booths :) Standing in line for 2 hours to see something I have seen before for 5 minutes and maybe if lucky get a free t-shirt is something I have out grown. Damn it sucks being the old fart.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

My favorite was the Elder Scrolls online party (2013). Man, that was awesome. The Rift party (2012) was also amazing. :)

ESO was awesome. World of Tanks anniversary party was pretty epic as well. From what I remember, anyway...

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    World of Tanks was amazing as well as the last Irrational party. Probably the best party I have personally gone to was last years 2K/Gearbox party. It was quiet, open bar, with amazing food. Cant wait for 2015!

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Can't wait! Last year waited forever for ASUS but Crystal Method was worth it. Hopefully some announcements soon.

Man, this thread is so empty! Come on, people! Haha! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It'll likely pick up speed after South.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    It'll likely pick up speed after South.

Ohhh yeah! Good point! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Can't wait! Last year waited forever for ASUS but Crystal Method was worth it. Hopefully some announcements soon.
    I'm sorry, but how the hell did I miss that Crystal Method was at one of the parties?! ...I am so very, very ashamed

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    I'm sorry, but how the hell did I miss that Crystal Method was at one of the parties?! ...I am so very, very ashamed

Oh man, it was epic. There's video from ASUS on YouTube I think from it.

There seems to be a theme, the worse the game, the more awesome the party

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Someone call the Bad Rats people!

• mantrakidmantrakid Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    Hey all, im an indie game developer (Cosmochoria.com) but also a musician - curious if any parties / events are looking for live music while Im in town for PAX, would love to drop a set. My recorded stuff is at www.mantrakid.com

mantrakid on
  • Marg0Marg0 Portland, MERegistered User regular
    I don't know about that. The Wolfenstein party was pretty great

edited January 2015
    Marg0 wrote: »

That band was rocking! Fun, fun party.

ClannMorgan on
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Bethesda parties seem to the the exception to the rule. also apparently at South, the Saints Row party was pretty good.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    8 bit who did a party last year annouced they will be doing a 16 bit party this year at east on facebook details to come

rascrush wrote: »
    8 bit who did a party last year annouced they will be doing a 16 bit party this year at east on facebook details to come

Super! Make sure to post it here when they do (or give me the Facebook page so I can keep tabs on it)! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • BigaceBigace Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    I found it thanks sorry for the post.

Bigace on
    Indies Need Booze posted their party. Had a good time last year with those guys.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indies-need-booze-pax-east-tickets-14903928050?aff=eiosprexshreclip&ref=eiosprexshreclip

• Marg0Marg0 Portland, MERegistered User regular
    Marg0 wrote: »

That band was rocking! Fun, fun party.
    Yeah it was! I'm glad I got there a little late too. Got a bunch of those messenger bags for my friends and I.

Indies Need Booze posted their party. Had a good time last year with those guys.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indies-need-booze-pax-east-tickets-14903928050?aff=eiosprexshreclip&ref=eiosprexshreclip

Thanks so much! Adding to the OP! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    wtb a party that is not Thursday

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    ceres wrote: »

I just keep telling myself that PAX South just ended, so now we're totally gonna get some people stepping forward. Yup... anytime now! ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
    ceres wrote: »

I just keep telling myself that PAX South just ended, so now we're totally gonna get some people stepping forward. Yup... anytime now! ;)

The timing of South is so close to East that I'm not surprised that its taking a while to hear anything...those vendors must be exhausted, just to turn around 40 days later to do it all over again.

With that said, BRING ON THE PARTIES!!!

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, SO LET IT BE DONE!

Ln5yLL7.png
    im just hoping that a lot of places decide not to do parties since south just happened.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    why wouldn't you want parties to happen? I've found that some of my best PAX experiences have been at the parties.

DXLJjjr.png
This discussion has been closed.