As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South Guide Survey

macbittmacbitt Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
I’ve started working on a PAX South guide which I plan to have ready by the time PAX South 2016 dates are announced. In addition to my own research I’d like to ask people who went to PAX South a few questions to gather feedback on some shared experiences and to see where I should and shouldn’t focus my attention within the guide.

If you would be so kind as to help please visit my survey, which will only take a few minutes.
http://goo.gl/forms/3qVJTErJDU

If you have any additional feedback you’d like to share please feel free to post it here. Thank you!

• Options
    xiosxios Gamer, Artist, Interesting mind seeker Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    What exactly is your guide suppose to entail? Is it just a brochure? A digital download? I find the PAX App was my best guide and the less paper I need to carry around the better. I thought the newsletter sent out on 1/15 was a little underwhelming. I would not have minded if it was a bit longer and packing more interesting or useful information like the Map or mentions about various panels, the Twitch booth, nearby restaurants, etc. I felt there was room for all of that in one big email, if not another followup email couldn't have hurt either.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is this a community guide that will be free to users and you will gain no money from? Or is it something you intend to have as a product that will make money through either advertisements or purchase?

Please PM me to discuss.

In general, market research, even on topic, is not within our remit.

Until then
    Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

• Options
    After discussion with the OP, this is confirmed as a purely community-focused endeavor. Thanks for your patience.

Geth, open this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Opening thread...

• Options
    macbittmacbitt Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Thanks zerzhul, and sorry to everyone for my delayed response. Appently life does indeed continue to happen even when you're at PAX :P
    xios wrote: »
    What exactly is your guide suppose to entail? Is it just a brochure? A digital download? I find the PAX App was my best guide and the less paper I need to carry around the better. I thought the newsletter sent out on 1/15 was a little underwhelming. I would not have minded if it was a bit longer and packing more interesting or useful information like the Map or mentions about various panels, the Twitch booth, nearby restaurants, etc. I felt there was room for all of that in one big email, if not another followup email couldn't have hurt either.

What I'm planning would be more of a pre-PAX guide. The Guidebook app is indeed the best thing to have while in the middle of PAX. My guide would be more for helping people with pre-PAX things and questions. Before every PAX there are a lot of first time PAXers asking various questions. The FAQ on the official forums is great, but either people miss it or want more details on some topics so I'm seeing if I can fill those areas. Maybe I won't be able to, I won't know until I get something put together and see how it goes. I agree that information delivery is important and I avoid paper as much as anyone.

If it helps I posted a PAX South tips on the PAX subreddit before this year's event. That may give a better sense of what I'm going for, but in a larger and more detailed format. Thanks for the response.

• Options
    talamandertalamander Registered User regular
    macbitt wrote: »
    Thanks zerzhul, and sorry to everyone for my delayed response. Appently life does indeed continue to happen even when you're at PAX :P
    xios wrote: »

What I'm planning would be more of a pre-PAX guide. The Guidebook app is indeed the best thing to have while in the middle of PAX. My guide would be more for helping people with pre-PAX things and questions. Before every PAX there are a lot of first time PAXers asking various questions. The FAQ on the official forums is great, but either people miss it or want more details on some topics so I'm seeing if I can fill those areas. Maybe I won't be able to, I won't know until I get something put together and see how it goes. I agree that information delivery is important and I avoid paper as much as anyone.

If it helps I posted a PAX South tips on the PAX subreddit before this year's event. That may give a better sense of what I'm going for, but in a larger and more detailed format. Thanks for the response.

Your website is easily the best resource on preparing for PAX out there.

• Options
    It would be pretty cool if some of the relevant info could make its way to the pax community wiki