As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Official 2015 Challenge Coin Thread] Coin Orders close March 8th.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    punzie wrote: »
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    [*] About 40 people who signed up in the spreadsheet haven't bothered to order coins yet.

Wow dude, ouch. Hopefully I'm the other one upset by your choice of words here. Omitting the word bother here would made this come across less aggressively. It's not that I "didn't bother" to order my coins, it's that I needed to wait until after south. I had events to plan, funds to allocate, got stuck in Texas because of the snow storm, etc. I was intentionally waiting. Other people in this thread also expressed they were waiting until after south to order their coins. There's a difference between planning and blowing you off.
    Rant done.

I don't think you said it that way intentionally, I do appreciate your time on this project, and I have now purchased my 5 coins.
    Yeah I, too, won't be purchasing any coins until my final South expenses are taken care of.

zerzhul on
  • cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I didn't get mine yet. I assume like pax east badges, people will get these at different times over the next couple weeks. I must have been like second to purchase one overall, but I guess that has nothing to do with it.

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    I got a tracking number a few days ago, but the USPS site still doesn't think it exists. I'm hoping this is just one of those times that the item arrives before the USPS systems are updated to show where it's been. It's happened enough times that I'm not too terribly worried. Yet.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I got my coins yesterday (thankfully, snowmageddon didn't impact shipping within the state :D ) and they are beautiful! I didn't expect them to have the heft that they do, and I'm overall impressed. Thanks to @SutibunRi and everyone who had a hand in putting all of this together!

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    [*] About 40 people who signed up in the spreadsheet haven't bothered to order coins yet.

Wow dude, ouch. Hopefully I'm the other one upset by your choice of words here. Omitting the word bother here would made this come across less aggressively. It's not that I "didn't bother" to order my coins, it's that I needed to wait until after south. I had events to plan, funds to allocate, got stuck in Texas because of the snow storm, etc. I was intentionally waiting. Other people in this thread also expressed they were waiting until after south to order their coins. There's a difference between planning and blowing you off.
    Rant done.

I don't think you said it that way intentionally, I do appreciate your time on this project, and I have now purchased my 5 coins.

I think you probably read way too much into that one line man.

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    My USPS Tracking info says my coins have been delivered! I can't wait to get home and check 'em out!

sig.php?id=222
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Ordered mine, I'm slow and don't check this thread super often. Thanks!

edit - having trouble with my newly activated CC but I'm sure it'll go through eventually...

Constrictor on
  • TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament Manager Registered User regular
    I haven't forgotten about these; that snowstorm really wrecked plans. I will get my 10 next Friday I swear, @SutibunRi. Also I hope a month before should be good for shipping. #donthateme #Ivegotya

Tektonikk wrote: »
    I haven't forgotten about these; that snowstorm really wrecked plans. I will get my 10 next Friday I swear, @SutibunRi. Also I hope a month before should be good for shipping. #donthateme #Ivegotya

Apparently if mine and others are any indicator, they are being shipped 1 day priority mail. Mine were shipped out today and based on location, I will have them tomorrow. I don't think getting them in a month will be an issue.

• TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament Manager Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh on that note, the Phoenix guys are top notch when it came to customer service. My South coins bounced from USPS and they one day shipped me just in time to give it to Enforcers at the end of the PAX hours.

Tektonikk on
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just got my 3 coins. Wow are they nice. Much bigger than I expected. And the little coin holder is a nice touch even if it has their log oon it and is a tad bigger than the coin :)

Nice work at getting this done @SutibunRi Thank You

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    My coins came in today. I am thrilled at the results. The BCEC side (which I wasn't sure how it would turn out) is so amazingly well done. Man these are done well. I am beyond content with the results.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    Mine arrived today. Gorgeous indeed! Shame about the too-big plastic cases; in previous years they fit perfectly. Guess I'll have to decide whether I want to re-case them...

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    My coins came sometime while I was in Texas for Pax South and they look great!!! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Rant done.

Yeah I, too, won't be purchasing any coins until my final South expenses are taken care of.
    Tektonikk wrote: »

You are all welcome to wait as long as you like to order your coins, I won't be mad, or hurt, or in any way inconvenienced by it. I had not meant to give the impression I would be, nor did I mean to imply those that hadn't ordered coins yet were in any way at fault or the objects of my ire.

I've spent more than 24 hours trying over and over to rewrite this post so as to be free of any hint of passive-aggressiveness or snark. But the instant I attempt to defend/explain/justify myself, it just sounds like I'm picking a fight. I've done my best, so I'm just going to move on to other things instead.

Yay! People are getting coins!
    Does the one guy on the crosswalk still look like an ice cream cone? I can't tell from the pictures.
    I've got another 4-8 business days before mine show up. Boo, international flat rate shipping.

Eric emailed me to let me know that until the first batch is sold out, coins are being packed and shipped as they're ordered, we're really on a first come, first serve basis right now.
    With that in mind, I have not tweeted to @Official_Pax or with the #PaxEast or #PaxEast2015 hashtags with a picture of the coins and a link to the OP.
    I want you all to be able to order your coins and get them before East. So I'll continue to hold off on that tweet.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Got mine!!!!! They are really nice!

• darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I just got mine!! These coins are gorgeous!!

I got mine today too. Very nice!

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    have not got mine yet hopefully monday living in maine thought I would be one of the 1st ones

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Came home from a week of training in the cold to find my coins waiting for me! Warmed my heart!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Got my coins! They look great. I don't think any of the people look like ice cream cones @SutibunRi ...
    4s28e65eor3a.jpg

sirmrej on
    seattle got theres before maine interesting

edited February 2015
    I LIED IT SHOWED UP AND IT IS AMAZING. FEEL THE HYPE.

Mvrck on
    rascrush wrote: »
    Considering they're coming from Phoenix, I'm not sure that's hard to figure ;)

Actually their press is in New Hampshire.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Got mine today in the currently frozen hell that is Long Island, New York. They look incredible!

• iltailta Registered User regular
    No ice cream cones here. The art looks gorgeous and just like the BCEC. Great work.

Mvrck wrote: »

Actually their press is in New Hampshire.
    OH, WELL THEN!

lol ya thought it was a area pretty close to me thats y it didnt make sense lol

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Got mine yesterday. I dig the clear plastic case, although I thought something was broken when I picked up the envelope and heard something clicking together inside. I was relieved to see it was just the coin sliding around in the slightly-larger clear case.

mkf6ad9.png
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Got mine today in the currently frozen hell that is Long Island, New York. They look incredible!

Ahh mine probably showed up then as well. Will have to call the folks back home to see if it showed up. Thanks for the local update ;)

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Got my order in! Sorry for coming in late, haven't been paying a lot of attention to the forums recently.

• cbrcbr Registered User regular
    Does anyone actually use these as challenge coins for buying drinks?

well got my coin for some reason it had been sent to my ex's house were i used to get my mail. The slip inside said it should have been sent to my place but they sent it to my billing address which is her house. Good thing me and her are still friends other wise this would have been a issue.

cbr wrote: »
    Does anyone actually use these as challenge coins for buying drinks?

The problem with that is knowing who should have a coin, you're only allowed to challenge someone who actually owns a coin.
    And who's not going to bring their coin to PAX?
    I mean, you are free to challenge me as many times as you like, but I will have one or more coins on me any time I'm wearing pants.
    This is not an invitation to think up wacky hijinks to relieve me of my pants during PAX.

Why do I feel like I've doomed myself?

I'm lost, what is the coin challenge?

From the PAX Challenge Coin Wiki Page.
    A common practice among soldiers has been to use the coins to determine who buys a round of drinks by taking out a coin and issuing the challenge by slamming it on the bar. If everyone has their coin on them then the challenger must buy the drinks, if someone forgot their coin then that person buys. Another common way to determine the winner/loser is to challenge an individual and who ever has the coin from the highest ranking officer/NCO is the winner. The Challenge Coin has become very popular in other groups besides just the military and PAX is no exception.
    I don't understand how that ranking officer thing applies however..

It doesn't, but that's part of how it would work in a military environment.

Hmm... or maybe I out rank everyone ;)

edited February 2015
    It doesn't, but that's part of how it would work in a military environment.

Hmm... or maybe I out rank everyone ;)

Until such a time as I hand Mike, Jerry, and Robert each a coin.
    Yes, that is a thing I'm doing.

SutibunRi on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I would like to make a request for anyone who has gotten every East coin. Could someone post some nice high quality shots of the previous coins? The pictures on our community wiki page for the East coins are lacking in quality and I would like to update them.

Thank you.

IhtGIyi.png
This discussion has been closed.