As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Nah it just gives you either an engram or a piece of armor that probably is bad for you

Vanguard Roc is the best way to get upgrades once you can run it. It drops high Light blue pieces of armor that will let you hit 28 or 29

Make sure you cap Vanguard every week and be doing bounties for vanguard rep as well. You want legendary armor from the vendor, it let's you level the most.

Ah, so those are pointless then.

I actually have all legendary/exotic gear, I need to get xp for it to level it up asap. Hopefully by monday so I can do nightfall/weekly.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    If anyone might need a 6th for Crota HM on Xbone side, I got a 32 warlock who's done everything except Crota himself this week.

I brought my Red Death (300 dmg version) to Crota HM on my Titan and it trivialized the entire HP part, hoping Xur will sell Red Death itself or the upgrade next week.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I want to make a Titan, but then I would have to stop playing with my Hunter. I think the ruin wings would look neat with the Objekt 959 set.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I want to make a Titan, but then I would have to stop playing with my Hunter. I think the ruin wings would look neat with the Objekt 959 set.

Ruin Wings and Stand Asides appear to be parts of the same armor set. Would be nice if we can eventually wear the full suit.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Woo! Legendary engram dropped for me during the daily on my Warlock. Turned into boots for my Titan, bringing her to 29. Probably gonna resort to Vanguard gear to bump her to 30.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Necrochasm get. Unfortunately it sucks. Here's hoping for a buff!

Magus` on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Oh, FFS - I was so focused on Dragon age yesterday that I completely forgot to buy the Don't Touch Me's.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Oh, FFS - I was so focused on Dragon age yesterday that I completely forgot to buy the Don't Touch Me's.

*smh* Turn in your capes and knives to the speaker. The Hunter Union is booting you out.

But seriously don't worry. He'll probably sell the same crap in 3-4 weeks the way things are going...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Video of the best chest I ever found in the wild.

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/b64bb7cc-5886-4480-a6d7-8cb6b42c72f7

Turned out to be a 300 damage Epitaph... Thanks, I guess? Immediately sharded.

I've had the Frostfire shader on my Warlock for ages, sent it to my Hunter and I really like the look of it, goes well with the FWC cloak as well.

2ib136q.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Ruin Wings and Stand Asides appear to be parts of the same armor set. Would be nice if we can eventually wear the full suit.

I want the full set of no backup plans!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

Have you levelled it yet?

No? Then unfortunately you suck.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

My understanding is that you don't need to level it.

From reddit: Facts about the Necrochasm from someone that has it.
    -The gun comes fully upgraded at 339 attack power. You do not need to level it up after getting it. It's already leveled.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

-The gun comes fully upgraded at 339 attack power. You do not need to level it up after getting it. It's already leveled.

Correct. @Magus` had his fully upgraded as soon as he used the Crux he got from our run.

It's shit.

Still want one though...

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Doesn't eidolon ally have a crazy high dps?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Mythoclast was 23 damage higher than the cap at the time, but Necrochasm is only 8 higher? Bungie I dont understand you.

I need a Necrochasm for standing around in the Tower.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    It shoots really, really fast, from what I've seen

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    After clearing stupid hard mode crota twice this week, here's everything I'm still missing from the CE raid:

2nd copies of: Abyss Defiant, Oversoul Edict, Word of Crota, Song of Ir-Yut, Black Hammer
    Hunter Chest
    Titan Helmet
    Hard mode clear on my Warlock
    Bunch more radiant mats

And... that's it. I mean, I know there's other stuff, to get, but, I just absolutely don't care. Honestly, even if I don't get a second Word, I'll probably be good on stopping doing stupid hard mode crota once I pick up a clear for my warlock. It's just almost literally unbelievable how much that fight sucks.

EDIT: I"m talking specifically about the Crota fight, the first two parts are fine. And obviously I'll still do it if a group needs someone or something, but you get the idea.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

I haven't crunched the numbers, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    It does half the damage (or so) of my Abyss Defiant which is only 306 damage ATM. It's Dr. No without the huge clip and a reskinned Firefly perk. It also looks 95% identical to the Murmur/EA/HotP. So not worth the time it takes to get all the crap needed for it.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Crota himself on Hard Mode is an incredible unforgiving pain in the ass, especially since most of the bugs that can occur here are certain wipes.

Seriously Bungie, what were you thinking? This shit is the opposite of fun.

I still want a Word of Crota though... Among other things.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

After trying out Eidolon Ally quite a bit, the only seemingly "crazy high" thing about it, would be my state of mind if I decided to use it.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I went into HM Crota for the first time today, got a bunch of shards and an Oversoul Edict. Didn't get to kill Crota because, quite frankly, that fight isn't one that is PUG friendly. I don't see myself killing him anytime soon. Such a pain in the ass.

• Options
    Erevar wrote: »

Well ok then

• Options
    edited February 2015
    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular

LOL, Vex Fuckgun. Unless you get connected to a match like this.
    http://youtu.be/K6dPyKHC5HA

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Is a low or high TTK better?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Low!

• Options
    Low!

So Abyss Defiant is garbo? Is that why it is highlighted?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Idk I can't see the list.

• Options
    Low!

It's highlighted because it's a raid weapon, just like Epilogue, VoC and Fang.

• Options
    TTK is time to kill

A lower time is better than a higher time.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Low!

The creator of the spreadsheet confirms that Abyss Defiant is indeed, garbage in pvp.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    My hunter just finished the moon when she hit 20; can I still do the daily/weekly stuff if it's on Venus/Mars and I haven't yet done those missions/strikes?

Or will I need to speed through them in order to access them?

EDIT: and is 28 the lowest you can go into the 30 weeklies, or can you go earlier? I know you can do the lower level version of the weekly heroic, just wondering what the minimum for the 30 version is.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Four-manned normal Vault of Glass for the heck of it, and I finally, finally got my first Praedyth's Revenge. And a third Patience and Time. Not bad!

• Options
    Low!

The numbers under TTK, not the name

• Options
    Yea, it is not good

• Options
    edited February 2015
    For PvP, its great in PvE.

Fang of Ir Yut is pretty damn good too, I havent upgraded it more than 10-20% and its already kicking ass.

I tried taking the Fang into a Roc Strike with no upgrades what so ever, I know its not exact science or anything.

24lplwi.jpg

The orb counter is bullshit, I did 8 orbs per Radiance in this strike, and used Radiance at least 4 times since its an awesome room cleaner with Heart of the Praxic Fire and Firebolt grenades, 3 orbs my ass.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    For PvP, its great in PvE.

Yup. On my adventures today I've found out that it's Lich Bane perk (occasional blinding of Hive Wizards) works on Momnighoul, Wakers and Watchers of Crota as well as the regular Hive Wizards.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Anyone else having psn connectivity issues?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The crucible is going to keep me playing this game until the next expansion.

The strikes are all very tired by now aside from the nightfalls. I think I prefer the Vault to the Crota raid, and I still want Fate bringer in the worst way!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm kinda tired of PvP

The only time I play worth a shit is alone in control. I play like garbage with other PA people, but that's also the only time it is really any fun.

So I can either play badly with PA people and get frustrated by my inability to be worth a shit after 3 games, or I can inconsistently kick ass doing random matchmaking and feel no satisfaction at all.

It is annoying.