As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade Forum Bags

• Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    The cinch sack I brought to PAX South is (which at this point I am NOT ordering, but for comparison for those who saw it):
    Cinch Sack
    Backpack style cinch sack
    14.5" W x 17.5" H
    100% cotton canvas
    Zippered front pocket
    Enzyme washed for a vintage look
    Cotton webbing straps

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    How many more do we need for another price drop?

$20 is pretty tempting. I paid $24 for the random bag I had at last pax aus.

• Options
    How many more do we need for another price drop?

$20 is pretty tempting. I paid $24 for the random bag I had at last pax aus.

Next price drop is at 36 bags, and it is just a dollar drop. Nothing that exciting.

I am using Cafe Press. The bags are well made, I am very happy with the one I took to South; I can see it will last for a long time, and takes a load without taring

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    LETS BUY 36 BAGS EVERYONE

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Next price drop is at 36 bags, and it is just a dollar drop. Nothing that excitLETS BUY 36 BAGS EVERYONE

lol

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes please, I would like one.

• Options
    jane0o7jane0o7 Registered User new member
    I would love to snag a bag, count me in! =)

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    I want one

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Sorry of the delay, I'm confirmed for one :)

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    May, if I were you, I'd trust no one with the money - it takes only one jerk out of 40 good people to make it suck for you.

Shadowscars22 on
    Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    Put me down for one too.

As much as I hate to say it, but I agree with shadowcars. Since these are being customized to have forum names on there, you should get your money up front. Set a date of when you cut off orders (for this batch, maybe more i. the future), then set a date of when the money is due.

If the forum names weren't being printed, any ole person could pick up a bag if some one else flakes.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    silrn wrote: »
    Put me down for one too.

As much as I hate to say it, but I agree with shadowcars. Since these are being customized to have forum names on there, you should get your money up front. Set a date of when you cut off orders (for this batch, maybe more i. the future), then set a date of when the money is due.

If the forum names weren't being printed, any ole person could pick up a bag if some one else flakes.

or if they don't pay in time make it without the forum name.
    I want my 2nd one with no forum name please.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'd like one as well.

If you are doing them through Cafe Press, is it an item you can just set up & people can just pay directly?

brettness37 on
  • Options
    madorukmadoruk WA, USARegistered User regular
    I will take one as well.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Now for the important question. Can I display pins on the outside of the bag?

• Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    That might be a good idea, only customize the ones of people who pay up front.

And pureval, it looks like its heavy duty military style canvas so it should handle pins fine.

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm in for 1!

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Woo this looks great! I'll definately take the messenger bag with font as seen in pic 1!

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm not interested in getting one, but this does make it so much easier to pick out forum Pinthusiasts at cons. Now I can stalk all of you from a great distance.

• Options
    skeltonathskeltonath SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'll take a messenger bag as well!

Can I get it to say "skeltonath & hobbitzez"? That might be too many characters.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    skeltonath wrote: »
    I'll take a messenger bag as well!

Can I get it to say "skeltonath & hobbitzez"? That might be too many characters.

Hobbitzez & Skeltonath. It's alphabetical, and sounds like Gollum reading a law firm from the Middle-Earth phone book.

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    All of these potential orders sound great, and should be no problem.

I think folks are right about the money; I have a paypal account that everyone could pay to. If I receive the funds by Friday night, I will order you a bag. If you include a note with how you want your name on the bag, then I will ensure that is what you get on the bag.

I am new to this forum thing, so I don't know the best way to set all this up. (I think you need my e-mail for paypal, but can I put my email on this site?) If any of you can help me, that would be great!

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    maywest wrote: »
    All of these potential orders sound great, and should be no problem.

I think folks are right about the money; I have a paypal account that everyone could pay to. If I receive the funds by Friday night, I will order you a bag. If you include a note with how you want your name on the bag, then I will ensure that is what you get on the bag.

I am new to this forum thing, so I don't know the best way to set all this up. (I think you need my e-mail for paypal, but can I put my email on this site?) If any of you can help me, that would be great!

Basically to get paid on PayPal you need to give them your PayPal email address. The best way to do that would be to message everyone that said they want a bag. You could send a mass PM and just say pay to this email address and ensure that they choose payments to friends and family so no fees will be incurred. PayPal will work well if the site you are ordering from accepts PayPal. That way they can just accept payment through your PayPal balance. If they don't, transferring funds to your bank account will take a couple of days.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Mass PM is probably the best idea if you dont want to share your paypal details to the public. If you dont know how, I or im sure many of us are happy to help you out.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    GOOGLE WALLET
    I RECOMMEND GOOGLE WALLET
    Simply google "Paypal stole my money" to figure out why I hate them.
    I know some people who had a lot of money mysteriously "locked" because of suspicious activity.
    I also had a good phone call with some of them Friday night of PAX
    Good times.

• Options
    Thanks. It is late (and I have to work early in the morning), so I will PM everyone tomorrow.

Just as a heads up, the bags are $20 each. If enough orders come in that the price comes down, I will give you a refund with the bag.

• Options
    Happendy wrote: »
    GOOGLE WALLET
    I know some people who had a lot of money mysteriously "locked" because of suspicious activity.
    Good times.

The problem with that is you have to have a gmail account. I don't and I already have enough email addresses. Remember, I am old and easily confused!

Ayefkay wrote: »
    Mass PM is probably the best idea if you dont want to share your paypal details to the public. If you dont know how, I or im sure many of us are happy to help you out.

I would love the help on how to send a mass PM.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Simply send someone a PM like normal, except in the "Recipients" area, type in someone else's name. It will suggest people for you. Click on the correct person. Then type someone else's name. Repeat, profit.

After you message everyone, if you'd like to add someone to the conversation, there should be an option to the left of the message page.

Hell I could message everyone for you if it makes it easier.

Happendy on
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    i will take one if you are still taking orders

• Options

Well I gave them long enough to respond.

I'M IN!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    good investigative journalism there! Im guessing theyll release theirs at prime.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I went deep cover for that scoop you jerk!

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Ooh! I want one! Please add me to your list :)

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    maywest wrote: »
    Happendy wrote: »
    GOOGLE WALLET
    Good times.

The problem with that is you have to have a gmail account. I don't and I already have enough email addresses. Remember, I am old and easily confused!

Ayefkay wrote: »

I would love the help on how to send a mass PM.

I can help you send a mass PM when you're ready.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Just a heads up to everyone. I did talk to Brian at South. They are making an official Pin Trading bag, complete with embroidered logo and pin pages. I don't know when it will be available, he just said they were working on one.

It should be a much nicer (and more expensive) bag than this one; however it is not available now (I like immediate gratification!), and doesn't have our forum name on it.

If you said you wanted this bag, and changed your mind, that is fine. I don't want anyone upset because PA came out with a cooler bag after they got this one!

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    I guess the solution is just to get both!

• Options
    cometplutocometpluto Washington Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm incredibly tempted by this, but the lawyer in me is hesitant without an OK from the rights holders. No one profiting from this doesn't make it not copyright infringement (i.e. Commercial/non-commercial use is only one of four factors to fair use). One person doing it on their own I can see the guys just being like "cool." This many people going in on it and they may be less cool with it. I don't know them personally, but just saying from personal legal experience.

I know, I'm a buzz kill.

cometpluto on
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    cometpluto wrote: »
    I'm incredibly tempted by this, but the lawyer in me is hesitant without an OK from the rights holders. No one profiting from this doesn't make it not copyright infringement (i.e. Commercial/non-commercial use is only one of four factors to fair use). One person doing it on their own I can see the guys just being like "cool." This many people going in on it and they may be less cool with it. I don't know them personally, but just saying from personal legal experience.

I know, I'm a buzz kill.

If this becomes a widespread fear we can always email them about it. I've had to do that before, just letting them know that money is not the purpose but rather a community type bag. It took them a while to get back to me last time, but they were okay with what I had a question on before. Of course, I wasn't using THE logo so…?

• Options
    I look forward to the day were we have to avoid staff as now they will chase us down desperately clawing at our pin bags to take them away.

Sounds fun.

• Options
    gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    This is why Bitcoin was invented. Just post your address and be done with it :)