As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, February 2, 2015 - Disimprovement

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Monday, February 2, 2015 - Disimprovement

Disimprovement

Disimprovement

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/02

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Mr. MaskMr. Mask Registered User regular
    Awesome! I hope they have comics like this more often :)

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh Gabriel, you don't use molotovs against the giant hammer zombies. You use exploding shuriken. Two and they drop.

The only problem with them is they tend to summon (spawn) virals to come wreck you.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Has Gabe always been left handed? For that matter is Mike?(I have never paid attention)

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I don't know where it is on the Rules for Zombies, but I'm pretty sure "Do not light zombies on fire, because then you just have to deal with flaming zombies," is very high on the list of Rules for Zombies.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I don't know where it is on the Rules for Zombies, but I'm pretty sure "Do not light zombies on fire, because then you just have to deal with flaming zombies," is very high on the list of Rules for Zombies.

I remember having that on the Zombie list in middle school.

Which game is this referencing, or is it just a general zombie exploration?

What is this I don't even.
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing this is a reference to Dying Light?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Dying Light.

Looks pretty good, the climbing is at Ass Creed levels of easy; you can grab onto just about any ledge

• sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    Nice form! I'm digging the freckles on Gabe too.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    Has Gabe always been left handed? For that matter is Mike?(I have never paid attention)

I believe so, yes. I remember finding this out when he was complaining about the most recent Surface and how his hand kept bumping a button or something like that because he's a satan worshipping leftie.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    So colored noses are definitely here to stay, huh?

edited February 2015
    So colored noses are definitely here to stay, huh?

I didn't noticed until you mentioned it. Tycho looks like he is suffering from a terminal illness in panel one. I know Mike is playing around with his style, and that actual human noses are often a different color from their faces, but I don't think it works on some characters specifically: Tycho.

GDT1985 on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Tycho just needs a lighter-colored nose. Right now, it looks like the color of his hair.

(And based on Gabe's face in the last panel, he doesn't care about your Rules for Zombies!)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Fond memories of the first time I did this to a witch in L4D then ran away screaming...

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Zetx wrote: »
    Tycho just needs a lighter-colored nose. Right now, it looks like the color of his hair.

(And based on Gabe's face in the last panel, he doesn't care about your Rules for Zombies!)

That would probably help, the way it is now, and with the bags under his eye, he looks jaundiced.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I dunno, Tycho. The Molotov seems to have reduced the zombie's size by about 1/3, so I'd say it's somewhat of an improvement.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    obTrope: Incendiary Exponent.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Uh-oh! Looks like Gabe and Tycho have been sucked into their favorite video-game!

H9f4bVe.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That's quite a newspost. Who is Tim Rogers? I mean, I guess this is Tim Rogers probably. But why is he apparently some supernemesis to Jerry?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    That's quite a newspost. Who is Tim Rogers? I mean, I guess this is Tim Rogers probably. But why is he apparently some supernemesis to Jerry?
    I believe Jerry is employing "sarcasm," a method he often deploys in news posts.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That sketch dump is really awesome. I love getting the in-betweens and behind the scenes of Mike's artwork (or any artist for that matter). It really humanizes the process and the quick tips are immensely interesting and a huge help. More please.

• NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Basically Jerry loves Tim Rogers's games, but hates the way he writes.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    I just noticed Gabe is running with right arm and right leg out front. That's so like him. Weirdo.

I just noticed Gabe is running with right arm and right leg out front. That's so like him. Weirdo.

???