As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post PAX Blue Suck

xaldin87xaldin87 GaymerSaTxRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX South
first day back to work and I miss everyone and everything. UGGHHGGHGHG

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

xaldin87 on

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Flyying back into the Chicago weather Sunday night didn't make things any easier for me :(

This space for rent
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, post pax depression is par for the course for me at least. However it is somewhat offset this time due to the fact that five weeks to the day from me getting back, I leave for Boston. =)

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • podunk the mightypodunk the mighty Game Designer TexasRegistered User regular
    For me, going back into work was like the scene at the end of Clerks 2 where all the colors fade and everything is black and white again.

On Their Merry Way Is On Kickstarter Today!
    I design games under the name New Experience Workshop.
    Website. Facebook. Twitter.
  • LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    Malgaras wrote: »
    Yeah, post pax depression is par for the course for me at least. However it is somewhat offset this time due to the fact that five weeks to the day from me getting back, I leave for Boston. =)

I wish I could be in your shoes. I know I have to force myself to keep my excitement low when I know I have less then 2months until I am going to be at PAX or else I would just turn into a crazy guy in public running around screaming "PAX is in XXdays, yes, I'm goin to pax in XXdays PAX PAX PAX" or in a perfect crazy world I would have some sort a dance/musical number set up but that is why I have to make sure not to think of PAX in public when I am that close to it.I would love to know how it feels to have both pre-PAX excitement and post-pax blues at the same time, unless they don't combine and you're just switching between sad panda and (insert excited meme here)

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    Malgaras wrote: »

I wish I could be in your shoes. I know I have to force myself to keep my excitement low when I know I have less then 2months until I am going to be at PAX or else I would just turn into a crazy guy in public running around screaming "PAX is in XXdays, yes, I'm goin to pax in XXdays PAX PAX PAX" or in a perfect crazy world I would have some sort a dance/musical number set up but that is why I have to make sure not to think of PAX in public when I am that close to it.I would love to know how it feels to have both pre-PAX excitement and post-pax blues at the same time, unless they don't combine and you're just switching between sad panda and (insert excited meme here)

I make zero effort to suppress my excitement. I just blabber about it constantly for a month. On the plus side, I've recruited about ten people in this manner who are now going up to east.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PAX East being in less than 6 weeks helps loads.

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I unfortunately won't make it to East so I have a long wait until Prime to sulk :( I had such a good time with you guys!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I actually feel fantastic. I'm so very excited to duplicate this experience as many times as possible. I feel like three days is the perfect length; another day and I would probably have keeled over from exhaustion.

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately I can not financially afford to go to East or Prime this year. I make too little and pay too much in student loans. However, I have a promotion interview tomorrow actually that may significantly increase my ability to go to other PAXs. I had an incredible time though and am looking forward to next year.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    I, too, was suffering from the Post-PAX Blues, so I made this to help me cope: http://paxsouthsimulator.com/

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Omg!! I named that voice George! And I would yell at it everytime I heard it. Gosh this makes the ppd so much easier. Lol thanks!!!

• ChocorokoChocoroko ZU Video Editor Denton, TXRegistered User regular
    PAX South was fun, but I feel like I didn't get to connect with most of you guys in person. Really would like to change that for next year.

Regardless, I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves while in SA. :)

• SamCiceroSamCicero NYCRegistered User regular
    I started feeling it today as I was alone in San Antonio. It's both a general feeling of missing PAX, and a more specific feeling of knowing I won't be able to hang out with some very special people for maybe another year. Sad, sad, sad.
    It is, of course, a reflection of how much fun we all had :)

• oddspeedoddspeed Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    jonxp wrote: »
    I, too, was suffering from the Post-PAX Blues, so I made this to help me cope: http://paxsouthsimulator.com/

Hahaha. I kept asking him, "What should I lose this year?"

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    East will be my first time in Boston since I was a kid. I have a feeling this kind of time frame won't be duplicated in the future, but for now I'm really really glad that the wait for East is relatively short.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    East will be my first time in Boston since I was a kid. I have a feeling this kind of time frame won't be duplicated in the future, but for now I'm really really glad that the wait for East is relatively short.

Khoo said in the Club PA that it should be back to April for East next year. It moves every few years because of bigger things we can't avoid. Same with Prime, normally it's on Labor day weekend but not this year because Reasons.

• LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    oddspeed wrote: »

That isn't fair not everyone can be as thin as a pole

• oddspeedoddspeed Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    oddspeed wrote: »

That isn't fair not everyone can be as thin as a pole

That's what I kept telling him. He finally told me to move along so I crossed the street and held back the tears. Robots are cruel.

• TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular

This might be the single greatest thing on these forums.

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    The PAX Pox! Nooooooooo!

• RootPCRootPC Registered User regular
    I got home and less than 24 hours of being home, I had to work. -_-. Wish I could make it to another PAX, but it seems I'm stuck with south from now on :P

I also created a collage with my badges, 2 pics I took, and the medal I won in BYOC haha, hopefully I didn't go too far xD

• TheFizz11TheFizz11 Registered User regular
    San Antonio resident. I have several co-workers that went. We have been re-living every glorious moment.

• Sassy BatmanSassy Batman Sorcerer of Sass San Antonio, TexasRegistered User new member
    edited January 2015
    Another San Antonio resident here, I've long waited for the day that a convention as amazing as PAX would arrive in our city, and I couldn't believe that it finally did! I've been looking at my Penny-Arcade poster and Friday badge every day and smiling, thinking of the happy memories. I'm really glad that I was able to attend the panel with Mike and Jerry and the one with the Rooster Teeth crew. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I wish I had been able to go for the full three days, but work needed me too much. I'm just happy I was able to go at all!

Sassy Batman on
    "My dad owns NASA."
  • DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    The PAX Pox! Nooooooooo!

Me too, buddy.

• SamCiceroSamCicero NYCRegistered User regular
    I haven't gotten the PAX Pox in 5 years of attending. Blues, yes. Pox, no, thank the Lords of Kobol.

• MidanMidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So I know this is a little late but I finally finished my pax south shadow box. The pictures took the longest time to get printed (nightmare honestly lol) https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ns/fsrpbosgfkpg.jpg

zerzhul on