As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

19495969798100»

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Something about Stephen Dillane's Stannis makes me feel like he's about to launch into a spiel about caravans, pig farming and Irish boxers at any moment.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, aka Gregor Clegane, just broke some 1000 year old viking weightlifting record
    “The record has been described in the Icelandic Sagas,” said Ilkka Kinnunen who reported on the event for Iron Mind. “The legend of the Icelander Ormur Stórólfsson goes that he walked three steps with a monster wooden log which weighed over 650 kg and was 10 m long. It took 50 mere mortals to help him place it on his back. After he took his third step, his back broke under the enormous pressure and he was never the same after that.”

The man they call Thor carried the same monster log for five steps.

Pictures and video here
    http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/the-mountain-from-game-of-thrones-broke-a-1000-year-old-weightlifting-record/

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That is ridiculous.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I read that quickly and was super worried it was Thor who broke his back

fuck yeah thats awesome

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So I just bought tickets to Rave of Thrones in Toronto

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I want in. I've gotta find some mythical records to break.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

What is this? Like a themed rave?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The dude who plays Hodor is a DJ.

Zonugal went to one.
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So... A buddy & I are going to this tomorrow night.

rave-of-thrones.jpg

And we have two days to put together costume ideas.

Ideas...?
    10451785_10152977290651095_7557666232979748457_n.jpg?oh=1c0254106e76b7685be25bc4413a2f18&oe=5514B609&__gda__=1427995388_c5015fd13106da6af9c55eb6e875fe5a

The Duo of Dorne are ready.
    Some notes:

That was almost the nerdiest thing I have ever been to like whoa.... It sold-out through pre-order so every one there was a GoT fan. Which made it weird when people dressed and acted like it was any other night to rave. Like... I know why you are here. You couldn't have wondered off the street. Just embrace that you're super nerdy and rave...

My buddy and I got personally thanked by the nightclub's dance team and told to look them up.

Nearly everyone thought I was Aladdin.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, aka Gregor Clegane, just broke some 1000 year old viking weightlifting record
    “The record has been described in the Icelandic Sagas,” said Ilkka Kinnunen who reported on the event for Iron Mind. “The legend of the Icelander Ormur Stórólfsson goes that he walked three steps with a monster wooden log which weighed over 650 kg and was 10 m long. It took 50 mere mortals to help him place it on his back. After he took his third step, his back broke under the enormous pressure and he was never the same after that.”

Pictures and video here
    http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/the-mountain-from-game-of-thrones-broke-a-1000-year-old-weightlifting-record/

well that's just good casting right there

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Pictures and video here

well that's just good casting right there

Third time's the charm, it seems.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    He is The Mountain that lifts...
    ...bro.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

It was so much fun!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I believe the "Day in the life" special is tonight on Hbo @ 7:30 PM EST

Might be posted to youtube, I assume we'll see 3 different specific scenes being recorded with cast and crew

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Mi17nLflY
    looks like Daznaks pit and For the Watch is s5 ep9, Jon leads the ranging to hardhome and gets caesar'd when whitewalkers attack and he commands his nights watch men to stay and fight

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.