As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Forum Bags

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I look forward to the day were we have to avoid staff as now they will chase us down desperately clawing at our pin bags to take them away.

Sounds fun.

Whats worse is even if we get away, they will know our names...

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    At least neither of us stand out in a crowd or anything.

If there is one place where our unique physiques can be considered cosplay, PAX is it.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Does someone want to ask PA directly? Or should I?

Who should we ask. Brian? Eric?

I don't want to get anyone upset by this. We could put the Pinny Pal logo on instead ... who has that graphic? Do we have the right to use that one?

I kinda like the idea of a "club" bag.

maywest on
    Fish has tried asking Brian on twitter, no response

8fuuo_RK.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I'll try The All Powerful Khoo.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I feel like they won't "endorse" it, but who knows... besides the Khoo.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I feel like they won't "endorse" it, but who knows... besides the Khoo.

Well when I had the Winter-King mask made, I had to get a copyright waiver since the maker wouldn't do anything belonging to someone else's IP. He didn't want to be seen as profiting from their work without their permission.

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Put me down for one if these are still happening after the copyright hullaballoo is figured out!

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I can provide the PinPal International Trading logo IF that becomes necessary.

PedroAsani wrote: »

Am I understanding the correctly that you are asking Khoo? Or should I contact him?

I'd like one as well.

If you are doing them through Cafe Press, is it an item you can just set up & people can just pay directly?

Yes, but I have two problems with that. One, they cost a lot more, because you don't get the bulk discount (costs about twice as much) and shared shipping fee, and two, I want these for forum members only. Otherwise, I feel we are stepping into PAs territory. It is their logo.

maywest wrote: »

Am I understanding the correctly that you are asking Khoo? Or should I contact him?
    I'd like one as well.

If you are doing them through Cafe Press, is it an item you can just set up & people can just pay directly?

Yes, but I have two problems with that. One, they cost a lot more, because you don't get the bulk discount (costs about twice as much) and shared shipping fee, and two, I want these for forum members only. Otherwise, I feel we are stepping into PAs territory. It is their logo.

You are indeed correct.
    You're more than welcome to make your own bags of course, but not with our logo. Sorry!
    - Robert

So I suggest seeing how they look with the Pinnypals logo. I sent a follow-up about our use of Sir Thomas Kemper, and if that is an issue we have Brain Squirrels as our own IP.

I think in general we should possibly change the sites imagery to brain squirrels. Its more recognised as a community thing than kemper

8fuuo_RK.png
    The pinnypals logo, as I've come to understand it, is just the international stamp logo correct? I can send it with the Kemper also, but the circle portion of the stamp should have no issues whatsoever.

• 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    this could be a opportunity for any forum members that have a creative side to them to make a new logo for the pinnypals that is ours and has no copyright problems with pinny arcade and then after all new logos have been logged all the other forum members could vote on them to get the new logo that we could use for anything we use for pinnypals going forward just an idea what dose everyone think

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO ASK ROBERT?!

Lets just get the pinny pals stamp with incorrect spelling in red.

edited February 2015
    2slayeru wrote: »
    this could be a opportunity for any forum members that have a creative side to them to make a new logo for the pinnypals that is ours and has no copyright problems with pinny arcade and then after all new logos have been logged all the other forum members could vote on them to get the new logo that we could use for anything we use for pinnypals going forward just an idea what dose everyone think

I rather like our logo...soooo..I vote it stays as it. We already had a creative person on the forums make that one(and it was not me)

Edit: and we DID vote on that Logo when it was picked ;)

00Fayt00 on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Lets just get the pinny pals stamp with incorrect spelling in red.

SECONDED

But I agree if we could make a... similar logo for PinnyPals that doesn't use any of their IPs or something, it might be worthwhile.

One...why in the world would we ever use the incorrect stamp again. C'mon ya'll. That was a mistake to begin with.

Second, I still think Kemper is fine. They have seen us use it for almost a year and a half on things and anytime we use it they usually retweet it if we post it on Twitter. It is an artists rendition of Kemper, not one that they drew. Do you really think they are going to have any issue at all. O.o

It is a random cat wearing a non-PAX scarf ... who said it was Kemper? ...

• Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    I think our "Pinny Pals cat" is fine, no need to change it. Please don't use the misspelled stamp.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Well the Kemper usage was ok'd along time ago, I had it ok'd before the site even launched but that was just for site imagery....once you get in to printing on to merchandise, I think that changes. So best not to use the Kemper.

The red stamp logo is ours, @manic2k partner made that for the site. (I also will never correct the spelling on the site, I just love it way too much, feel free to use corrected one for prints though haha)

I really like the red stamp and the Kemper stamp as the logo but I'm not opposed at all to changing the Kemper in the stamp in to a Brain Squirrel because then we can do merchandise for the site. There are a lot of talented artists among us and some custom gear to sport at PAX's could be pretty sweet if you ask me.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
    Lets not forget our main characters, Greg and Tim, whering a yellow Tetris and Vertically striped blue shirts

8fuuo_RK.png
    I see no problem with the yellow cat stamp. It is ours, and I think we should use it.

You'd rather have Khoo round people up at PAX and remove bags? Because he would not be alone. He has an Army (Enforcers), he has Acolytes (Josh, et al.) and above all, He Is Khoo.

Can you tell I've been reading Gemmell again?

I see no problem with the yellow cat stamp. It is ours, and I think we should use it.

Well the yellow cat is quite distinctly Kemper, who isn't ours :)

The safest thing would be to update it to a Brain Squirrel and then go nuts (heh) making whatever.

I'll just put some feelers up in this thread, if people aren't going to get super mad about it, we can hold a new competition for the squirrel design.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    ----
  • 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    well why don't we use the logo for the pinnypals for the bags then. but will it cost more for the bag if you use a logo with a lot of different colors in it?

edited February 2015
    Edit: that's what I get for having two windows open with the word bag in the topic...

TheAggroCraig on
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    One...why in the world would we ever use the incorrect stamp again. C'mon ya'll. That was a mistake to begin with.

Oh you mean the logo as it currently is on the site we're promoting?

I WOULD ARGUE THAT IT IS YOUR "CORRECTED" VERSION THAT IS THE MISTAKE!!

ALL THOSE WHO WOULD REMAIN PURE JOIN ME ON THIS SIDE OF THE FORUM WHERE WE WILL THROW ROCKS AT THAT SIDE!
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    (I also will never correct the spelling on the site, I just love it way too much

lol rekt.

You'd rather have Khoo round people up at PAX and remove bags? Because he would not be alone. He has an Army (Enforcers), he has Acolytes (Josh, et al.) and above all, He Is Khoo.

Can you tell I've been reading Gemmell again?

..yes?

I personally have no interested in a brain squirrel logo bag. I like the other two suggestions because I and others know what they are and have a connection to them.

I might just have to wait for the official ones is what I'm saying. I'M OUT!

AGAIN!

The yellow cat looks similar to Kemper ... could even be from the same litter. But she is "our" artwork. I don't see why we can't use her ... do all cats belong to PA?

I'm with Fish on this (did I honestly just say that....)

If we move to the 'brain squirrel' I'm out for the bag. If we use the 'corrected' version of the stamp maybe....but probably not.

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

You'd rather have Khoo round people up at PAX and remove bags? Because he would not be alone. He has an Army (Enforcers)
    At least one of those in his army would whistle politely and look the other way while the offending attendees walked in the other direction with their cool bags...

This might be something better that we look into for Prime, no sense rushing this right now imo.

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    I'm with Fish on this

NjpZieE.png

grgemonkey wrote: »

Well the yellow cat is quite distinctly Kemper, who isn't ours :)

The safest thing would be to update it to a Brain Squirrel and then go nuts (heh) making whatever.

I'll just put some feelers up in this thread, if people aren't going to get super mad about it, we can hold a new competition for the squirrel design.

For the record, I emailed Mike about making Stamps with the Kemper depiction and providing them to Forum members who ordered them a year and a half ago and he said it was fine.

Just putting that out there. That is 'merch'.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Ask Khoo if we can license the logo for this one printing. We can give them $5 per bag to include the logo.

I'm serious lol

Frostbyte on
    Or Ask Mike. That's what I did. I think this is all very silly btw. Namely because as I said I ask last year because of those stamps because I was making KEMPER stamps. They said yes. What's the argument.

Well it's up to you guys want you to use or do :) Just adding my thoughts.

If you ask about using our cat logo, maybe you'll get 2 thumbs up, as I agree it's pretty stylised. Might just be because the PInny logo is sort of like "this an officially sanctioned Pinny Arcade location" and they might feel that's going to cause huge issues if people with bags going around pretending to sell "official" pins etc. I think that might be the reason on that one more than any copyright thing, which if no money making is involved, I've found them to be pretty ok with fan-based stuff.

If you do go ahead with the cat stamp though, I'm 100% in cause I love the heck out of that haha

----