As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Midnight Webcomics Club

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    go on, hand a guide a soul, now in a convenient-to-carry size

i'm sure nothing can go wrong

aRkpc.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    To here friend
    1328.jpg

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    5EjmEmJ.jpg

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    2015-02-04-29p38.jpg
    "Nothing fun goes in a memory hole!"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    I saw Onepunch Man and Tower of God mentioned in the last thread and I would be down with either of those or both being posted. I mean they're literally Korean webtoons soooo

It would be...

Very difficult to post Tower of God, given the format of that comic.

It would pretty much have to be in spoiler tags to avoid insane vertical scrolls.

Also, man, the official translation has so many typos and awful formatting choices.

I think it'd be possible to split up each chapter into smaller bits to make it less insane but, yeah, so much vertical scrolling when reading ToG.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I, too, have a perimeter alarm for when girls get too close to me.

Er, wait.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Does it go off at the slightest movement or touch?

Is it sensitive to light, heat, pressure, and ultraviolet radiation?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    snip
    VMwhM3q.png
    oNgmSfD.png

Fair warning, well hung kings lie ahead......how do we feel about butts?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    kat's totally gonna make her a bangin' robot body

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Er, wait.

Is it eyebrows or awkward speech?

I have a real suspicion that Plox is a real life story
    PLOX_Chapter_18_Page_02.jpg
    PLOX_Chapter_18_Page_03.jpg

Next Town Over is a comic of who is the jerk and who do you think is not as nice at the others
    2015-01-31-c34354ad.png

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    30 extra lives in Contra isn't a cheat code, it's just Medium Difficulty.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Asaf Hannukah of the Realist Comic just got back from the Angoulême International Comics Festival in France

10952581_830800263632426_2350702909576752898_n.jpg?oh=9d7f0a44d017ee803c8e1886c79c05ca&oe=555D96CC&__gda__=1432463941_758018f9ba50a56a0ef06739fb0b8efe

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Did anyone else thing Earthbound font would terrify them as much as it does right at this moment?

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Fair warning, well hung kings lie ahead......how do we feel about butts?
    I cannot lie

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    what I thought of when I saw the thread title
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br294PLbHBA

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    nowplaying.png

I feel like the caption tends to be the weakest part of XKCD.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    businessinsider.com.au/icelanders-will-soon-be-able-to-worship-thor-in-a-real-temple-to-the-norse-gods
    It begins...

Emil's shaping up to be a pretty good fighter, btw. He's striking out teeth and chopping off limbs like the best of'em. We'll see if Lalli will make a grand entrance in the ongoing fight tonight :3

Panda4You on
    But we already give praise to Neptune.
    Why not Freya?

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Precautions

i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg

i still can't believe this is an actual fucking thing that happened

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have a real suspicion that Plox is a real life story
    PLOX_Chapter_18_Page_02.jpg

is the main character of Plox andrew hussie?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    shadow jerkcity

jerkcity5850.gif

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Precautions

i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg

what where how

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Precautions

i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg

what where how

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/texas-school-suspends-9-year-old-for-making-terroristic-threats-with-a-magic-hobbit-ring/

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    http://www.avclub.com/article/fourth-grader-finds-one-ring-rule-them-all-and-dar-214678

Any country that is getting overpopulated needs to start doing things like this to put the fear of glob into ever raising a child in such a stupid, stupid, nanny state.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Er, wait.

Is it eyebrows or awkward speech?

Those... Eyebrows...

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Kill Six Billion Demons
    goqBPIg.jpg
    Alt Text wrote:
    I think you already know what the next page is going to say

Stuff Under the Comic
    Meti’s Sword Manual
    Argument
    1. Glory to the Divine Corpse, o breaker of infinities
    2. I am Meti, of no house but myself. In my 108th year I am surrounded by fools. My compatriots cling obsessively to their destiny, and my only apprentice is an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. Therefore I have decided to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many.
    3. My master was the greatest lord general to the king Au Vam, Ryo-ten-Ryam, who first coaxed me into learning the ways of turning men into ghosts. As his interest quickly turned to the wholly uninteresting and most useless parts of my body, I returned the favor and relieved him of his.
    4. It is my personal opinion the straight sword is best if you can obtain one, but I also favor the sabre. The spear, stave, or club are peasant’s weapons of which I am wholly unfamiliar and so will not speak on them.
    5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (5 and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men.
    6. From the age of thirteen I practiced every day with the straight sword. I followed a strict vegetarian regimen, and harsh training of barefoot sprints (five) between cities, squats and breathing exercises (two bells), and sword drills and resistance training (three bells).
    7. By the age of sixteen, my body was a steel edifice. I was so often mistaken for a man I began to wear my hair long with no pins and unbind my breasts. I could break stone with my hands with no effort, I could sprint between the Yellow City and the Lunar dominions in a day or less and barely strain my breath. My mastery of the sword complete, I enlisted in the Middle Army’s third legion, where I was widely respected as a swordswoman of incredible power.
    8. When it came time to face my first real opponent, the Colossus of Pardos, in my youthful pride and immense skill, I brought all my training and mastery to bear. Scarcely half a day passed before my sword was shattered into thirty pieces, my right leg was almost torn from its socket, and my honed body was broken pathetically in a hundred and forty places. I defeated him by gouging his brains out through his breathing valves. My thumbs, in this case, proved far more useful.
    9. At that moment, with my thumbs in his brains, I had a revelation. I had trained far too broadly. Existence and the act of combat are absolutely no different, and the essence of both, the purity of both, is a singular action, which is Cutting Down Your Opponent. You must resolve to train this action. You must become this action. Truly, there is very little else that will serve you as well in this entire cursed world.
    10. I hope that by reading this manual, you will be thoroughly encouraged to become a farmer

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Precautions

i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg

what where how

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/texas-school-suspends-9-year-old-for-making-terroristic-threats-with-a-magic-hobbit-ring/

oooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooooooooooood
    “I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” he added. “If he did, I’m sure he’d bring him right back.”

I can't even

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Meti’s Sword Manual

Argument

2. I am Meti, of no house but myself. In my 108th year I am surrounded by fools. My compatriots cling obsessively to their destiny, and my only apprentice is an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. Therefore I have decided to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many.
    3. My master was the greatest lord general to the king Au Vam, Ryo-ten-Ryam, who first coaxed me into learning the ways of turning men into ghosts. As his interest quickly turned to the wholly uninteresting and most useless parts of my body, I returned the favor and relieved him of his.
    4. It is my personal opinion the straight sword is best if you can obtain one, but I also favor the sabre. The spear, stave, or club are peasant’s weapons of which I am wholly unfamiliar and so will not speak on them.
    5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (5 and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men.
    6. From the age of thirteen I practiced every day with the straight sword. I followed a strict vegetarian regimen, and harsh training of barefoot sprints (five) between cities, squats and breathing exercises (two bells), and sword drills and resistance training (three bells).
    7. By the age of sixteen, my body was a steel edifice. I was so often mistaken for a man I began to wear my hair long with no pins and unbind my breasts. I could break stone with my hands with no effort, I could sprint between the Yellow City and the Lunar dominions in a day or less and barely strain my breath. My mastery of the sword complete, I enlisted in the Middle Army’s third legion, where I was widely respected as a swordswoman of incredible power.
    8. When it came time to face my first real opponent, the Colossus of Pardos, in my youthful pride and immense skill, I brought all my training and mastery to bear. Scarcely half a day passed before my sword was shattered into thirty pieces, my right leg was almost torn from its socket, and my honed body was broken pathetically in a hundred and forty places. I defeated him by gouging his brains out through his breathing valves. My thumbs, in this case, proved far more useful.
    9. At that moment, with my thumbs in his brains, I had a revelation. I had trained far too broadly. Existence and the act of combat are absolutely no different, and the essence of both, the purity of both, is a singular action, which is Cutting Down Your Opponent. You must resolve to train this action. You must become this action. Truly, there is very little else that will serve you as well in this entire cursed world.
    10. I hope that by reading this manual, you will be thoroughly encouraged to become a farmer.

Oh wait, you edited it. Oh boo!

Moth 13 on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Had to get the image up first!

2x39jD4.jpg
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Advocate on
    So phuzzy is two different people or the light and dark side of her personality?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well you see it gets dark at night

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Meti’s Sword Manual

Argument

10. I hope that by reading this manual, you will be thoroughly encouraged to become a farmer.

Oh wait, you edited it. Oh boo!

GODDAMMIT K6BD.

STOP MAKING CHARACTERS IN ALT TEXT I WANT TO SEE RIGHT THE HELL NOW.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Keep in mind we're only getting the parent's side of the one ring story, often there is more to the story in these that the parents leave out because it's their special snowflake.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Keep in mind we're only getting the parent's side of the one ring story, often there is more to the story in these that the parents leave out because it's their special snowflake.

A child threatened another child. The school has a policy about making threats. If the threat was about actual physical violence it would have been ignored by the national media but because the kid had claimed he had a ring that would turn the other child invisible it has been talked about for 3 days now.

This discussion has been closed.