As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Forum Bags

• maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Or Ask Mike. That's what I did. I think this is all very silly btw. Namely because as I said I ask last year because of those stamps because I was making KEMPER stamps. They said yes. What's the argument.

I agree with Fayt. I say use it.

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Okay, I just emailed Mike and Khoo about if we can use the Kemper for this/if it is item specific/if we need to CALM DOWN.

Until they say yay or no(hopefully soon), I say we shelve it.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    If they won't let us use kemper, here's a very rough mock-up of my replacement submission :)

t0dboaqbz7qi.png

They symbology of the logo can easily be explained with this pic.

0bwq15eittre.jpg

• dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    If we can get the kemper on the bag then put me down for an order!

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You know, I just noticed that it is spelt INTERNATONAL, rather than INTERNATIONAL. How'd I miss that?

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    You know, I just noticed that it is spelt INTERNATONAL, rather than INTERNATIONAL. How'd I miss that?

We dont like to talk about it...wars have been fought, friendships destroyed over THAT OBVIOUS TYPO THAT SHOULD BE CHANGED

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Take your pick:

MACBETH!

or

Don't mention the war!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    The pinnypals logo, as I've come to understand it, is just the international stamp logo correct? I can send it with the Kemper also, but the circle portion of the stamp should have no issues whatsoever.

Yep. That is "ours" in the community sense, since we made it.
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Ask Khoo if we can license the logo for this one printing. We can give them $5 per bag to include the logo.

I'm serious lol

Possibly, but probably not. Given they are making their own bags it's likely they have already given the rights to make bags with the logo on it to the manufacturer (usually for a fixed term) and so they can't say yes to us doing it without breaching a contract and causing problems.
    Or Ask Mike. That's what I did. I think this is all very silly btw. Namely because as I said I ask last year because of those stamps because I was making KEMPER stamps. They said yes. What's the argument.

Mike...tends to say yes to stuff without asking the business side, and most of the time that's fine because he is talking to fans who are doing very specific, small scale stuff. But imagine if you are the bag vendor wandering PAX and you see not one or two but a dozen people with what you presume to be "knock-offs" of your product. Bricks could well be shat.

The other side is that Kemper is a character that they own. I believe Grgemonkey got permission of some sort for the site, but that doesn't mean we can start making stuff with it. Anyone who has watched the Strip Search contract episode will be familiar with the idea that just because you can make something with the IP on it, doesn't give you license to make other stuff with the IP on it.
    Okay, I just emailed Mike and Khoo about if we can use the Kemper for this/if it is item specific/if we need to CALM DOWN.

Until they say yay or no(hopefully soon), I say we shelve it.

Putting the idea on hold is fine, although having ideas of what to do in the event of a no is fine.

I'm all for the International logo going on the bags. WITH THE CORRECT SPELLING.

Vote +1 for the international logo, CORRECT SPELLING

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    It may sound silly to some, but the last thing we want to do is alienate our beloved PA over something as silly(but still super cool) as a bag. If they don't have an issue with it, then full steam ahead, if they do then oh well. I do think it's best to get an official word on it just so no one gets in any trouble.

Ps. If there's a cat involved in the potential bag, I'm out.

Yeah same, no cats, and now that i think of it....the further away we get from the original design (pinny arcade logo) the less i am interested in it....that design immediately says PIN TRADER OVER HERE, COME GET SOME, and although that flap will be covered in pins anyway, i just feel it would be less recognisable the more complicated imagery we add to it. So thats why im thinking the international stamp the red circle in that image. and our names underneath. Maybe also which PAX we usually attend? add AUS, EAST, PRIME, SOUTH in it somewhere? i dunno, im just riffing ideas here its super late and i can barely keep my eyes open...ill be back tomorrow when i can type something more legible, but hopefully theres something there you can think about :)

8fuuo_RK.png
  • evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I like the idea of the international logo minus the Kemper stamp honestly. Kemper is adorable but I think just a logo would look way cooler on the bags instead of a picture, if that makes any sense. I'm out if we're going with brain squirrels though.

also black, not red

8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Maybe also which PAX we usually attend? add AUS, EAST, PRIME, SOUTH in it somewhere?

I'm actually planning on putting the PAX patches onto whatever bag I end up with.
    also black, not red

No, has to red you nub.

How about this as a compromise: We get the original artist, if possible (@Manic2k?) to redo the stamp (with correct spelling), but in the same style at a higher quality that would be better for printing? Stamp should probably be redone anyway to remove "ONLINE". Hah, maybe change it to "OFFLINE"?

0A6sWqV.jpg

Black would probably work better actually.

• NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    I liked the original logo design but if Khoo said no then I am out. SORRY!

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    If we can get the kemper on the bag then put me down for an order!

If we can get kemper on the bag, put me down for an order, too, with the name: Chubby Bunny

CHUBBY BUNNY KITTY BAG IS BEST BAG

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
    Maybe also which PAX we usually attend? add AUS, EAST, PRIME, SOUTH in it somewhere?

I'm actually planning on putting the PAX patches onto whatever bag I end up with.
    also black, not red

No, has to red you nub.

How about this as a compromise: We get the original artist, if possible (@Manic2k?) to redo the stamp (with correct spelling), but in the same style at a higher quality that would be better for printing? Stamp should probably be redone anyway to remove "ONLINE". Hah, maybe change it to "OFFLINE"?

0A6sWqV.jpg

You realize I'm the one who created that part of the logo(took it apart from the kemper) fish and that I believe I also have the 'original' artwork :p

Khoo just responded and said basically, that we should use the stamp logo if anything because the kemper hits a bit too close to home to PA, since they are making bags also. He said it should be something the community made, and when I ask about making the kemper stamp that was different since PA doesn't/isn't going to sell stamps.

With that said, I guess the options we have are:
    1. Make the bag with the international pin trader logo
    2. Come up with a new logo
    3. Don't make the bags at all

I vote for #1 personally.

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I like the international pin trader logo on the bag.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I vote with number one

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    So, do we have any guesses for when the official bag might be out? Perhaps we could make an international pin trader logo pin to put on the bag. Never can have too many pins...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular

also black, not red

No, has to red you nub.

0A6sWqV.jpg

You realize I'm the one who created that part of the logo(took it apart from the kemper) fish and that I believe I also have the 'original' artwork :p

The crop tool doesn't make you the original creator you're basically a tracer.

:P

WE CHANGE IT TO "OFFLINE" BECAUSE WE'LL BE TRADING IRL!!

also black, not red

No, has to red you nub.

0A6sWqV.jpg

The crop tool doesn't make you the original creator you're basically a tracer.

:P

I didn't say I was the creator. I said that I believe I have the original art. Since my degree is in Graphic design, I know what I'm talking about. :P

edited February 2015
    Im all for our logo just please, PLEASE correct the spelling...

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PLEASE correct the spelling...
    +1

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well, I agree we should change the spelling, but is it too late to change it to the even less accurate 'Unsternutobil'?

I like this way this guy thinks.

I like this way this guy thinks.

i like the cut of his jib

8fuuo_RK.png
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well, I agree we should change the spelling, but is it too late to change it to the even less accurate 'Unsternutobil'?

Won't someone think of the children!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular

0A6sWqV.jpg

I'm totally down for this. Am...am I the only one who doesn't really care about the spelling? Is this something I need to take a side on to be a true member?

Though I think we should keep it as "Online" since we're an online community after all.

But we're also an offline community!

Fish, quit being difficult :p

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Fish, quit being difficult :p

No_fun_allowed.jpg

Spelling should be changed asbit was a mistake, not a design choice. Re: online/offline, possibly online? If so we should put the website in there somewhere. Perhaps ontop of the outer ring, overall the design is good, just needs slight tweaking, im seeing it as a way to attract new members to the site

8fuuo_RK.png
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Spelling should be changed asbit was a mistake, not a design choice. Re: online/offline, possibly online? If so we should put the website in there somewhere. Perhaps ontop of the outer ring, overall the design is good, just needs slight tweaking, im seeing it as a way to attract new members to the site
    While I'm still not intending to buy one anyway, I personally wouldn't wear an advertisement. Having just the logo allows people to come up and chat to you about it, rather than putting the URL on there, which gives off more of a billboard impression. But that's just what I feel.

True about the advertising bit, but if theyre going to come up and ask you about it, site or no site is only one step removed i think

8fuuo_RK.png
    Can we compromise on having a url, but the wrong one?

ie: www.binnypals.com

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Can we compromise on having a url, but the wrong one?

ie: www.binnypals.com

Personally I'd prefer www.pinnybals.com

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Stop that, you're going to make me jokingly buy those URLs when my judgement lapses...

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade